1 hour ago, EuroChamp said:

András Schiff

Beethoven: The Piano Sonatas (Live) [24/44]

Qobuz

It is a collection of 9 separate albums.

a) I have all 9 albums

b) yes, they are all nice

c) I do not really like huge collections or collector boxes (this one includes 114 tracks)

d) but now when I listen to this "collection", it is something different, it is - amazing! It is playing all day long in a loop. Every single sonata stands for its own, but still linked together in the proper order. A new benchmark, beside very few others.

I definitely underrated some of the single albums, when they got released.

The SQ is 5 stars.

folder.jpg

Very good one. I believe I prefer it over previous Schiff's Beethoven set on ECM. I was comparing it to some other well-regarded complete sets during some time, it stands very well, imo. Did you notice three different instruments were used? I like Bösendorfer mostly. The sound is magnificently recorded, agree.

3 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Very good one. I believe I prefer it over previous Schiff's Beethoven set on ECM. I was comparing it to some other well-regarded complete sets during some time, it stands very well, imo. Did you notice three different instruments were used? I like Bösendorfer mostly. The sound is magnificently recorded, agree.

This circle is not really a fresh release. The complete circle was originally released in 2016. Vol.1 started in 2005.

Now we got the 24-bit version.

Yes, Schiff used different pianos - and everything is recorded live!

13 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Eva Cassidy sounding wonderful!

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 11.51.37 PM.png

Yesterday - cow music, today - bird music, huh.? 

So what's gonna happen tomorrow..? x-D

Off Topic !!!

But seriously - is it possible to listen to the music while flying a plane like yours?

Do they sell planes like that with audio systems on board? Or can you have it e.g. in a helmet or headphones?

And finally - if the answer to any of these questions is 'yes' - what do you listen to up there when you can be sure your wife won't appear

..out of the blue.? 9_9