10 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

ECM really showcases how good redbook can sound. Enjoying this on my HD800. 

85F95CEE-06F8-4D35-AA8E-99EB4424AB0B.png

As long as I remember ECM recordings, starting from seventies on LPs, the magnificent SQ was a distinctive feature. Now not only old, but also many new ECM albums in red book quality very often sound better than in high-rez, at least to my ears - more natural, less "processed".

11 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

A033A278-DD14-4AFF-AC86-BE7F66C2002C.png

@ted_b have you listened to this one?

Why no, Chris, but I am honored you are thinking about me when listening, so I will hop on it.  I am sadly behind in listening to the solo Radiohead stuff, even Thom's music sometimes.  I hate that I do not have my audiophile system re-setup yet, but I hate more that I use this excuse to get lazy about new music....I mean, I do have Spotify, Google Play, Apple Music etc etc and need to listen as a music lover more than an audiophile :)

19 minutes ago, ted_b said:

Why no, Chris, but I am honored you are thinking about me when listening, so I will hop on it.  I am sadly behind in listening to the solo Radiohead stuff, even Thom's music sometimes.  I hate that I do not have my audiophile system re-setup yet, but I hate more that I use this excuse to get lazy about new music....I mean, I do have Spotify, Google Play, Apple Music etc etc and need to listen as a music lover more than an audiophile :)

I know how you could rectify that problem Ted! :)

JC

On 4/15/2020 at 3:21 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I really enjoyed this recording of QoBuz, he does some things here I have not heard on recordings before (or in person for that matter). I have a lot of his solo and trio work, but certainly not a complete collection. I wish it was more reasonably priced.