4 minutes ago, muski said:

Especially stunning in 192kHz. This is one of my favorite releases to assess a DAC listening chain and esp. RF issues. Kremer's violin solos are great for checking for harshness, and the last track by Umebayashi is great for assessing mid-bass. 

But it's such amazing music that I often end forget the assessment and end up immersed in listening to it from start to finish!

muski

P.S. One of three great "non-traditional" DG recordings on this page. They really do have a great catalog.

gidon_kremer_new_seasons.jpg.2e4085515c898d3b4c149e6d5528f933.jpg

Oh wow. Beautiful. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

6 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Can’t find it in Atmos, but did find the high resolution available for only $10 https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/8061266--gidon-kremer-new-seasons

Not sure, and I'm using foreign currency, but when I went to the page all the versions (including mp3 and 24/192) were all identically priced at the equivalent of $8.62.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

9 hours ago, Kal Rubinson said:

If you take that view, the performances are appropriate.  😛

Ok.. I feel I should explained myself - I broke the rules of this thread - I only checked out some fragments before posting this recommendation for the album (I hope the OP won't ban be from this thread..😉), seems I was a little overenthusiastic indeed..

I'm very glad there are really attentive and vigilant people here though!  😎