IGNORED

Something New Has Arrived :~)

EMM amps?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

13 minutes ago, Jud said:

EMM amps?

Got to be some insane massive amps.

Unless Chris is going to move his perfectly placed Wilsons and listen to some big new floorstanders. Somehow I don't think so.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Edifer M1380 system.

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Will be interesting to hear your results I tried one in my system and didn't think it added anything (or hurt anything).

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Edifer M1380 system.

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, charlesphoto said:

Oh man. Was frustrated with my printer yesterday and looking into the latest model. Only 313 pounds shipped (236 is the printer itself). The thought of getting that down to the basement makes me think my current one can be coddled a bit longer! 

I have experience with that, it took a lot of creative thinking to get the damned thing OUT of a basement and up a narrow staircase.

No electron left behind.

1 hour ago, charlesphoto said:

Oh man. Was frustrated with my printer yesterday and looking into the latest model. Only 313 pounds shipped (236 is the printer itself). The thought of getting that down to the basement makes me think my current one can be coddled a bit longer! 

Are you running a copy/print shop out of your house? ☺️

mQa is dead!

1 hour ago, rando said:

I can about imagine his wife, much less the city permit board, looking over that plan. 

Structural analysis to estimate the approximate safe load bearing capacity of his attic floor sure sounds fun on the other hand.  We build 'em pretty big and feed 'em pretty well up here.  Which is fairly well accounted for in older houses.  So he's still got a margin to play with I'd imagine.  At some point I'd start being wary about adding two piano mover sized guys carrying twice their weight again.

Now I'm imagining working out the locations they can safely sit without putting too much load on the floor and underlying structures. Getting them into position one will of course have to follow carefully planned paths, possibly coordinating their movements to avoid temporarily exceeding any limits. Kind of like those old Sokoban games.

@The Computer Audiophile, you may need some of that snow to cool the transformers, at low loads , reactive currents keep the temperature warm.

Good to see the ground can be tied together between the two , that’s really important for keeping the grounds the same potential.

There's enough difficulty in moving a 2 kVA around, let alone 5 .... your floor up to it?

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

1 minute ago, One and a half said:

@The Computer Audiophile, you may need some of that snow to cool the transformers, at low loads , reactive currents keep the temperature warm.

Good to see the ground can be tied together between the two , that’s really important for keeping the grounds the same potential.

There's enough difficulty in moving a 2 kVA around, let alone 5 .... your floor up to it?

This floor is made of incredibly strong wood from the 1940s when houses around here were built very well. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

44 minutes ago, mansr said:

Now I'm imagining working out the locations they can safely sit without putting too much load on the floor and underlying structures. Getting them into position one will of course have to follow carefully planned paths, possibly coordinating their movements to avoid temporarily exceeding any limits. Kind of like those old Sokoban games.

Like I said, fun!  

34 minutes ago, One and a half said:

Ahh, in the days where QA didn’t exist and just by looking at the timbers, it would last a very long time.

Seems these days houses are made of pressed pine laminates and hardwoods a rarity; in our country anyway.

Where I come from, the structural elements are mostly pine or spruce with no treatment whatsoever.