IGNORED

Something New Has Arrived :~)

23 minutes ago, Solstice380 said:

Is it that cold in Minn-e-sota that you have to resort to such inefficient heaters?  Or did you bury 6 gauge cable under you sidewalk and will hook these up to melt the snow and ice?

I'm more concerned the smaller one is going to be end up being dedicated to A/C starting the end of next month based off the +40 F too warm Winter.

25 minutes ago, Daccord said:

Sorry to go off topic here, but you've made a dangerous mistake. Let's assume the average January temperature in Minnesota is 24 degrees F, but this year it was 32 degrees F. Someone has taken the values, converted them to centigrade, and reported the difference in centigrade. 24F = -4.4 C and 32F = 0C. The difference is 4.4 degrees C, which you've now converted to 40 degrees F. But the temperature wasn't 40 degrees F warmer than normal, because your average temperature in January wasn't 64F. Time to abandon that Fahrenheit stuff.

A dangerous mistake, eh?  Allow me to explain what a dangerous mistake in MN during Winter is.

a)  Pulling out the tropical board shorts and flip flops to go shopping in before the first week of below zero Fahrenheit temps have set in.

b)  Opening your mouth to make a prescient point about anything in -50F - -80F windchill on any number of days a slight grey cast barely rises to signal daylight.

I'm not even close to joking about using his A/C by the end of next month.     

2 hours ago, Solstice380 said:

Is it that cold in Minn-e-sota that you have to resort to such inefficient heaters?  Or did you bury 6 gauge cable under you sidewalk and will hook these up to melt the snow and ice?

Now that is thinking like a true Minnestoa'ian! Yaaaa :)

My rig

14 hours ago, Rexp said:

Look forward to hearing how these transformers affect your SQ, as most Audiophiles know, power supply, especially to digital sources, is key! 

I wouldn't necessarily agree with that, but we can agree to disagree. 

I think any well engineered product should have proper isolation, grounding and voltage regulation.  These are all known things, particularly with the filter designs once you get past a stepdown and rectifier stage.  I've always been intrigued with the lengths that people will go to for "pure power".  Living in the forest with power supplies that aren't so reliable I placed more value on power protection than anything else.

I look forward to a review from Chris on his latest change.

The immediate thing I noticed once I'd plugged it in (very heavy lifting alone!!!!) was that the bass improved. Fuller...there was just more of it but not in a bloated way. It was punchier too. Better bass transients in a system that I already rated as pretty responsive. Then there was better texture across the board. acoustic instruments just sounded more...acoustic. The cohesion comment came from how the instruments hung in space better. I place great importance in the soundstage on my system and this definitely improved it. Not really the scale of it, but the fact that it was all a little more differentiated. I can quite honestly say that this was my favourite upgrade of last year (etherregen comes second).

2 hours ago, Crom said:

The immediate thing I noticed once I'd plugged it in (very heavy lifting alone!!!!) was that the bass improved. Fuller...there was just more of it but not in a bloated way. It was punchier too. Better bass transients in a system that I already rated as pretty responsive. Then there was better texture across the board. acoustic instruments just sounded more...acoustic. The cohesion comment came from how the instruments hung in space better. I place great importance in the soundstage on my system and this definitely improved it. Not really the scale of it, but the fact that it was all a little more differentiated. I can quite honestly say that this was my favourite upgrade of last year (etherregen comes second).

Quite typical of the sort of gains when the delivery of mains power to components is improved - most gear has power supply sections which are not engineered well enough, and everything you do to give this area a helping hand will benefit the subjective SQ. Impact of the bass line is often an obvious gain ... it just has more "guts" to it, 😉.