IGNORED

Article: Guest Editorial: Why did audio stop being about audio?

15 hours ago, tapatrick said:

Sounds great I think I'll head over there. Why is it so different on astronomy forums? less room for 'subjectivity'.. ?

It's that to some degree. I joke that amateur astronomers spend most of the clear nights outside, with a telescope, getting little to no sleep. They are exhausted and have no energy to argue and fight on forums during the day :) The hobby is extremely technical and more than frequently -- humbling, so folks help each other whenever they can and rely on building a common knowledge and understanding as a community.

There are always some strong subjective opinions, and even snake oil, but these are easily found out and rarely tolerated.

2 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

It's that to some degree. I joke that amateur astronomers spend most of the clear nights outside, with a telescope, getting little to no sleep. They are exhausted and have no energy to argue and fight on forums during the day :) The hobby is extremely technical and more than frequently -- humbling, so folks help each other whenever they can and rely on building a common knowledge and understanding as a community.

There are always some strong subjective opinions, and even snake oil, but these are easily found out and rarely tolerated.

Thanks for the update, food for thought.. without being politically incorrect can you tell what the demographic is ? Cheers

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

9 minutes ago, tapatrick said:

Thanks for the update, food for thought.. without being politically incorrect can you tell what the demographic is ? Cheers

Similar demographic to audiophiles. Maybe a bit older on average, age spans from early 20s to mid 80s. Average, without any real data to back this up, I'd say around 60. Predominantly male. World-wide.

12 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Similar demographic to audiophiles. Maybe a bit older on average, age spans from early 20s to mid 80s. Average, without any real data to back this up, I'd say around 60. Predominantly male. World-wide.

we get everywhere 😂... cheers

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

1 hour ago, daverich4 said:

Wow, RT66indierock called Lee Scoggins a liar without so much as a peep out of you but ARQuint called RT66indierock a narcissist and here you are? Biased just a little?

With all due respect, this sounds a little bit like the kids in my daughter’s second grade class. 

Things aren’t black and white, and people bend rules as far as possible without breaking them. I’d recommend a little less policing with a magnifying glass. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

20 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

With all due respect, this sounds a little bit like the kids in my daughter’s second grade class. 

Things aren’t black and white, and people bend rules as far as possible without breaking them. I’d recommend a little less policing with a magnifying glass. 

This is a little more black and white. HDTracks v 7digital, was filed in June of 2018 and stated their business relationship ended in April of 2018. Any statement that HDTracks MQA streaming service was coming were false after April of 2018. Therefore  Lee's statements in 2019 were lies.

Not my problem if people don't have PACER to track federal cases, I do. 

5 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

This is a little more black and white. HDTracks v 7digital, was filed in June of 2018 and stated their business relationship ended in April of 2018. Any statement that HDTracks MQA streaming service was coming were false after April of 2018. Therefore  Lee's statements in 2019 were lies.

Not my problem if people don't have PACER to track federal cases, I do. 

You're no lawyer and this is no court of law, but suggesting you know Lee was lying is a stretch. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 minutes ago, crenca said:

@joelha,

I thought of another angle you or anyone else could take when thinking about this subject riffing off your "these debates are about religion" angle.  Are you familiar with these "C O E X I S T" bumper stickers?:

image.jpeg.8a65edde9e28b1f7d92b91299691a289.jpeg

Where's the MQA logo one has to ask?

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

1 minute ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Chris, are you suggesting there is an actual distinction between gaslighting and lying?  Aren't they the same thing?

I have no idea through what lens you read my comments, but it's not rose colored. 

I suggested nothing of the sort. In this HDtracks example, if Lee had no idea the deal fell through and there was a lawsuit ongoing, the chances that he was lying are slim to none.