IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

38 minutes ago, Bernstein said:

It sounds more clear, refined and relaxed/stable. More live without being nervous.

This really echoes what I am hearing in my system. More live and relaxed at the same time

If you are on the fence about the ER I'd run to the Uptone website......

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

ISOLATION: Stillpoints/Symposium/IsoAcoustics/Herbie's/PS Audio Powerbase

2 hours ago, Johnnydev said:

This morning i recieved my ER :x  And after coming to room temperature i did the (easy) firmware upgrade.

Then i exchanged it with the cisco 2960 wich already gave an improvement and the reason was that i ordered the ER.

Maybe i’m one of the few or the first to use the ER in backwards mode. The B side is the input from my router and the A side is to my devialet phantoms golds L+R (All in one speakers) + devialet dialog. (see schedule)

I wil remove the devialet dialog after a devialet DOS2 software upgrade that i will do at a later time (when the ER is played in and DOS2 update is oke)

my first impressions:

After changing the cisco 2960 for the ER and nothing els changed ( wich i want to keep so until after 200 hours of playing) i had my doubts for the first 10 minutes.

After a few hours, no more doubts, the best and cheapest upgrade i ever had!  So that promised something for playing after 200 hours 😍

I will not repeat or quote what has been written here, but my first impressions after a few hours of playing: More music, more musical, more high-end (what ever that may be) and more emotion. Thanks to Alex and John!

John and Alex;

Would you please look at my connection diagram, at what i could do differently or better?

Perhaps there is also a market for the better all in one speaker for the ER

Removing and sell the Sboosters to the cable modem and netgear R7000 router, i want to try out (and perhaps sell) only after the 200 hours playing.

Sorry for my english but it’s not better.2C7A1711-E180-4F10-9E33-EC2D8EF447C7.thumb.jpeg.7672ae06b19629d3432f92d84fc97f19.jpeg but it’s not better

I think for your situation, that's a very appropriate layout -- it isolates your "endpoints" from the rest of the network.

is there anyway to daisy chain the speakers?  if so, then i would think it might be best to daisy chain the phantoms on the B side and put the dialog on the A side.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > sennheiser hd600
22 minutes ago, jcn3 said:

I think for your situation, that's a very appropriate layout -- it isolates your "endpoints" from the rest of the network.

is there anyway to daisy chain the speakers?  if so, then i would think it might be best to daisy chain the phantoms on the B side and put the dialog on the A side.

No, daisy chain is not possible and the devialet dialog will expire shortly after the DOS2 software update, wich in itself would give an improvement in SQ.

If i understood correctly is the ER 100% Backward usable, hence my choice to do it this way.

Just now, Johnnydev said:

If i understood correctly is the ER 100% Backward usable, hence my choice to do it this way.

Yes, it is completely usable going from A to B or B to A.  Look forward to your review!

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > sennheiser hd600
2 hours ago, so-no-mah said:

Ralph Waldo Emerson said that one should “cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously."”

Those of us in the Uptone Audio "family" are thankful for all the great products your intrepid venture has produced and shared.

And yes, the firmware update is for the better--more transparent, detailed and live-sounding still....

I agree whole-heartedly with all three of these statements.

9 hours ago, andresz said:

If you cannot prove the connection between measurement of variables and the emotional impact of what the sound waves are doing then the whole premise is flawed

👏 👏 👏

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall IV

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Perhaps this is OT and I should start an ER Watching Impressions thread 😉 but what's the consensus on whether the ER is improving video streaming picture quality?

I tried it myself, halfheartedly, and swapped the LAN cable that goes into my Apple TV box into the B side of the ER. I thought I saw an improvement but the girlfriend and I were watching Amazon Prime and I didn't want to try her patience with lots of A-B-ing and whaddya-think-ing.

Might try to A B it this weekend.

Read a few positive comments but what's the consensus?

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

My ER will arrive in mid-December.

I have a normal Aqvox (when I was going to upgrade to SE, Alex announced the ER project and stopped the Aqvox upgrade).

I plan to test both replacing Aqvox with ER, and leaving Aqvox between Router and ER.

I will comment on my impressions.

Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref. 5 SE / Gryphon Essence Stereo / Rockport Atria I / Göbel XLR and RCA Cables / Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / Sablon Ethernet Cabe / MIT Magnum MA Sepeakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (3), Sigma NR V1(1) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Paul Hynes SR7T for Melco S-100 Pink Faun Upgraded / Farad Super3 for IPS Modem-Router / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

Been lurking in the development thread and this one. The reviews are very positive, looking forward to try it but I have a technical question.

My system is very simple.

Bog standard router, through the wall power network to an industrial  cat5e surge protection transformer.  Then cisco 2960 8 port switch with built in smps. Switch connects to apple TV and lyngdorf TDAI3400. All cables chord C stream. My apple TV also HDMI connects through my amp and passes picture through to 15 year old Sony bravia TV.

Will I get benefit from Etherregen on both my sources? Spotify I think so but apple TV is passing audio by HDMI I think. Could this undo the benefits ?

Interested in opinions.

Congrats to all the happy Etherregen owners out there and to Alex and John Swenson.

With what you are taking for granted, without doing a test, that ER is better than Aqvox SE.  I would never sell Aqvox SE, without trying first.
There are many good experiences here with ER, but others not so good.

Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref. 5 SE / Gryphon Essence Stereo / Rockport Atria I / Göbel XLR and RCA Cables / Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / Sablon Ethernet Cabe / MIT Magnum MA Sepeakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (3), Sigma NR V1(1) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Paul Hynes SR7T for Melco S-100 Pink Faun Upgraded / Farad Super3 for IPS Modem-Router / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5