IGNORED

MQA The Truth lies Somewhere in the Middle

Robert Harley of TAS and John Atkinson of Stereophile jumped on the MQA bandwagon early.  They were obviously impressed with BS (Bob Stuart).  Bob Stuart seems to have become a master of buzzwords.  It seems that he can speak at length and say absolutely nothing.  Harley and Atkinson have staked their magazine's and their personal reputations and legacies on MQA.  In for a penny, in for a pound.  They have no choice but to continue pushing.

As I said before, there has to be something fundamentally wrong with MQA when proponents have to constantly spew the same buzzwords and BS and deflections,  over and over.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

As of now MQA is only cashing IOUs, but should it succeed Populism will have made it to HiFi. 

Chris,

Luv ya but want to clarify, "Populism" in the Steve Bannon sense or just the totally confused world of Kanye West?

wdw

Edit: no need to respond, saw your later post...Best

12 hours ago, KeenObserver said:

As I said before, there has to be something fundamentally wrong with MQA when proponents have to constantly spew the same buzzwords and BS and deflections,  over and over.

By this “logic” we could say that there must be something fundamentally wrong with the anti MQA position since the same arguments against MQA are repeated over and over.

9 hours ago, firedog said:

Always the same nonsense based on your flawed, sighted listening tests - which are meaningless to anyone but you. Zero need for MQA to stream efficiently. It can be done better with dithered flac. Higher quality sound by applying deblurring filters? Really? 

True, Lee just keeps on hitting that repeat button and out it comes. 

The Truth Is Out There

13 hours ago, rickca said:

I am bored to death with MQA.

I understand but MQA Ltd's 2016 financial statements were recently restated which lead me to asking Mike Jbara (CEO MQA Ltd) about the labels financial commitment to MQA. Yesterday a second (amended) filing of a statement capital following an allocation of shares  showed up on the Companies House website. Today two more were posted.  They will be interesting reading at least to me.

Just now, Rt66indierock said:

I understand but MQA Ltd's 2016 financial statements were recently restated which lead me to asking Mike Jbara (CEO MQA Ltd) about the labels financial commitment to MQA. Yesterday a second (amended) filing of a statement capital following an allocation of shares  showed up on the Companies House website. Today two more were posted.  They will be interesting reading at least to me.

Sounds like someone's being creative with the books.

3 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

They will be interesting reading at least to me.

OK sure I'm still interested in the MQA financials.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's