IGNORED

Jeff Dorgay & TONEAudio Declare War on CA

2 minutes ago, phototristan said:

Don't think I didn't try.  I think my old account is no longer, it's been years. 

....and Tone didn't try hard enough to handle this like a pro.  It's only as hard as one makes it!  

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

1 minute ago, Hugo9000 said:

While everyone I know on facebook has been talking about that press conference today, I've managed to read every post in this nail-biter of a thread.  lol

That's at least one thing you can say for this thread. 

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 minute ago, FredM said:

The non cooperative and aggressive attitude is also wrong in my book (resp simply adjust the RSS setting and verbals). What honestly surprised me even more, why did @computeraudiophile post this online? What's there to gain, other then escalate the situation and publicly mock and bully Jeff? 

My vote: Time to add dignity and respect in the forum rules.

Yep, that's what I've been saying. 

17 hours ago, sandyk said:

Hi Chris

Publishing email conversations without first seeking the permission of the sender is a very grey area, and possibly not a good move.

Perhaps they should be removed and just an overview given ?

Jud may be able to assist with some general advice in this area. 

Kind Regards

Alex

Your dead wrong. From past legal advisement no expectation of privacy exists unless the email specifically includes a proviso of privileged communication.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

16 minutes ago, jtwrace said:

OMG.  

I think @Allan F is right. Just stop feeding the "legal expert"/troll and the thread returns to normality or dies out naturally. 

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

... I prefer to expose bullies who threaten to call lawyers and who literally say the war is on. 

This isn't about a spectacle. It's about shedding light on threatening behavior.

Perfectly acceptable to bring this into the court of public opinion.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

Jeff D. used to post on SHF generally that a new edition of his webzine was available but also in response to reviews on his site.

I responded once to a new gear listing of device isolators, basically pucks of sorbothane with some kind of shiny metal.

The price listed was really expensive like in the thousands.

I posted that I thought for the price these pucks, customer were getting bent over.

No swearing, calling their mag a fake, nothing just about the picks.

Well, he ripped me a new one, MF'er the whole 9 yards. I was attacking his credibility and the credibility of site.

He also informed that the price on site was incorrect and that the pucks were only several hundred dollars.

This guy can put M. Lavorgna to shame

I tried to sincerely apologize and say that I never meant to call into question anything about his site.

Afterall, it wasn't even a review.

I think he told me shove my apology or something like that.

Sheesh.

24 minutes ago, phototristan said:

Thanks, no. 

Let’s just all put him on ignore.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

4 minutes ago, Milt99 said:

Jeff D. used to post on SHF generally that a new edition of his webzine was available but also in response to reviews on his site.

I responded once to a new gear listing of device isolators, basically pucks of sorbothane with some kind of shiny metal.

I posted that I thought for the price these pucks, customer were getting bent over.

Well, he ripped me a new one, MF'er the whole 9 yards. I was attacking his credibility and the credibility of site.

He also informed that the price on site was incorrect and that the pucks were only several hundred dollars.

I tried to sincerely apologize and say that I never meant to call into question anything about his site.

Sheesh.

Which brings us to voodooism in Audiophiledom and yet another mouthpiece for it in ToneAudio.  Scoundrels jealously guard their con...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

9 minutes ago, Milt99 said:

Sheesh.

You should have mentioned reading it on your specially made, gold plated iPad while sat in one of your BMWs.