IGNORED

Jeff Dorgay & TONEAudio Declare War on CA

7 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

So Jeff has never used any of your photos?

https://www.tristantom.com/About-Me/n-XPnxx

Christopher, do you know in fact of any of this photographer's photos that have been used by TA? If not, I think we should stay well away from personal attacks.

They aren't needed.  @phototristan has now spent approximately 2000% of the time necessary to fix this on raising spurious objections to having the person primarily responsible for the problem perform the simple fix. 

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

May I suggest the following compromise and remedy?

1.  Jeff Dorgay, the publisher of TONEAudio, should write to Chris (CA), apologize for the spurious accusations and threats, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless CA for the RSS posts.

2.  CA should remove ToneAudio from the list of RSS feeds on this website.

3.  Jeff Dorgay, the publisher of TONEAudio, should change the Wordpress setting (in the unlikely event that this was a genuine error of intent).

4 minutes ago, phototristan said:

I have done sound for bands like Starship and The Platters in in a past work life. 

Now there's a variety.  :)

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 minute ago, wgscott said:

May I suggest the following remedy:

1.  Jeff Dorgay, the publisher of TONEAudio, should write to Chris (CA), apologize for the spurious accusations and threats, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless CA for the RSS posts.

2.  CA should remove ToneAudio from from the list of RSS feeds on his website.

3.  Jeff Dorgay, the publisher of TONEAudio, should change the Wordpress setting (in the unlikely event that this was a genuine error of intent).

Seems reasonable and good online citizenship to me.

We cannot second-guess this.

Yet that is what you are doing

What we can and do KNOW is he does not intend for it to be published here, from his email. 

Yes he did!  You don't get to drink, drive, and say "my intent was not to break the law or harm anyone"!

That CA refuses to do anything is telling for sure. 

Telling in the sense that he understands RSS, and you don't.

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

1 minute ago, wgscott said:

May I suggest the following remedy:

2.  CA should remove ToneAudio from from the list of RSS feeds on his website.

Or as a possible substitute for #2, bring the feed back when and if the WordPress setting is changed. 

How much of a chance do you give  it?  :) 

6 minutes ago, Jud said:

@phototristan has now spent approximately 2000% of the time necessary to fix this on raising spurious objections to having the person primarily responsible for the problem perform the simple fix. 

I'm not saying he shouldn't, I'm saying he may not know how or he may not be capable of doing so (at least not this quickly) if his website is managed by some web admin. person or something like that.  This is not a reason to just ignore his request though. 

24 minutes ago, wgscott said:

I had someone legally threaten me once to take down a copy of a Letter to the Editor of a newspaper (in response to one of her own).  I refused to take it down simply because I did not want to allow a bully to get their way.  

Interesting because I assume you didn’t sign over copyright of the letter you wrote.

I once was the editor of a document specification, one that I contributed primary development of, as well a software that operated on, and became an ASTM standard. 

I published the document format on my website. After it became an ASTM standard I received a nasty letter requiring me to take down the standard from the Web.

S*it — how would anyone find out about it? Oh fork out $$$ for an ASTM standards book! 

So I kept a “draft” copy up, one that I had put my own copyright notice on, and promptly quit the ASTM committee — at least the W3C freely publishes its documents.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

13 minutes ago, Jud said:

They aren't needed.  @phototristan has now spent approximately 2000% of the time necessary to fix this on raising spurious objections to having the person primarily responsible for the problem perform the simple fix. 

Christopher already knows all this and he was asking why?  Why has @phototristan gone down this silly road?  What is his personal connection with Jeff?  

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!