IGNORED

Jeff Dorgay & TONEAudio Declare War on CA

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

Jud

There is a big difference between revealing the information to someone else for advice , e.g. a legal representative, and posting it in a forum for perhaps many thousands to see and make judgement, and perhaps result in a financial loss to one of those involved, perhaps via sales revenue.

If the dispute is serious enough, that's what the Court system is for.

You only need to look at the replies in this thread to see the many varied opinions.

If it's O.K. to post the content of emails, where there is no specific statement requiring the recipient to keep the contents private, then is it O.K. to also publish the contents of mail without the permission of the sender ?

I am not just talking about the USA either.

As far as I am concerned there are moral issues here as well.

Alex

Hi Alex - You are of course right that there are moral/ethical issues regarding confidentiality of correspondence.  But I think one might find a better case for moral issues than to keep threats and bullying a private matter.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

This is the first time I see thread - so I am replying based on the first post - there are 15 more pages, which I haven't read, so apologies if there are points already made, repeated info, etc. And of course, apologies for my English as Lingua Franca (ELF).

1) Mr. Computer Audiophile is on the right here - Mr. Jeff Dorgay does not seem to understand the technology. It reminds me of 

https://slashdot.org/story/06/03/27/135221/misconfigured-webserver-threats-to-call-fbi

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/03/24/tuttle_centos/

2) Lots of thin skin in this industry - calling Mr. Computer Audiophile the  "A" word was uncalled for. But I guess is to be expected - Either the guy has tunnel vision and only was scanning for the words "OK, I'll take it down". OR, he has simply no understanding of the technologies...

But that degenerated into name calling pretty fast and for no reason... now on to read the rest of the thread.

v

12 minutes ago, Jud said:

Hi Alex - You are of course right that there are moral/ethical issues regarding confidentiality of correspondence

But apparently not with U.S. Politics ? :D

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

You nailed it. Ask John how much ass kidding he did. Tremendous amount. 

Get real. 

You’re proving a point but not the one you think you’re proving. 

I thought folks proposing some ulterior motive were being conspiracy theorists. With these continued ludicrous attacks, one has to wonder.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

24 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

He's really enjoying those mpg3 thingees you put on his computer last time you were over.

KK at least get your Dad some non lossy files

24 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

Also, I hereby give you permission to post this to your BBS in case that man from Australia asks if you have permission to share my email.

A wise woman your Mom. She knows that you should be considerate of others' feelings, even Australians ! She taught you well ?

Sound Minds Mind Sound

41 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

This is the bizarre thing - why doesn't Tone amend things now so that his site provides just title and then he can have more traffic to his site ? That should have been the first reaction. At least a chat with his website person/s as has been suggested by others.

Does he not want more site traffic?

Best that I can figure its all about site traffic and the related benefits. Even in abridged form he may not want any RSS feed appearing on a site that may ultimately attract the viewer into further exploring the host site rather than click the link to his site to access the full article. IOW his perception may not be that of a win/win situation but more of a win/lose situation in his mind (just speculation on my part).

Not an excuse for his meltdown or threats and I'm not endorsing the concept that you can control who subscribes. If you put it out there its out there. Hence a polite *request* in the form of Hey, as a professional courtesy and favour would you mind taking down my RSS feed....would have been the order of the day.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

4 minutes ago, vmartell22 said:

Oh dude - not cool

Chris ( if Chris doesn't mind to be called, well, Chris... if he does, will go back to Mr. Computer Audiophile) provides a great service... plus, I don't think the money is that big, if any... 

v

I don't follow "not cool".  We seem to be in agreement...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

38 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Best that I can figure its all about site traffic and the related benefits. Even in abridged form he may not want any RSS feed appearing on a site that may ultimately attract the viewer into further exploring the host site rather than click the link to his site to access the full article. IOW his perception may not be that of a win/win situation but more of a win/lose situation in his mind (just speculation on my part).

Not an excuse for his meltdown or threats and I'm not endorsing the concept that you can control who subscribes. If you put it out there its out there. Hence a polite *request* in the form of Hey, as a professional courtesy and favour would you mind taking down my RSS feed....would have been the order of the day.

Definitely possible.

I know the MQA thing was brought up as a joke. But is it possible Tone is pro-MQA and Tone know's that Chris is more critical of MQA, hence Tone just wants zero links between CA Forum and Tone? Even if the link is to increase Tone site traffic, Tone just wants NO links to CA Forum for this reason?

Who knows. None of it makes sense anyway.

4 hours ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Chris, why would Darko want his RSS not displayed on CA. Is it the same reasoning as JD? It's not how politely they asked, but why they asked, is my question.

They don't want the entire article displayed, because they want the click to their site.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)