IGNORED

Jeff Dorgay & TONEAudio Declare War on CA

38 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I can imagine, but I know you could also think of other roads. 

You've showed your muscles, made your point. Consider delete the topic and move on. Please don't be the bully you disgrace.

(This will also be my last post in this topic, hope see you all in other more useful and positive places)

5 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

No worries. I prefer to expose bullies who threaten to call lawyers and who literally say the war is on. 

This isn't about a spectacle. It's about shedding light on threatening behavior.

I have no interest in the actual topic and never read Tone Audio.

I was just shocked by the fact that you would post private emails you had with him.

You may as well have  taped a phone call or face to face conversation with the guy and published it.

As a moderator on this forum you should know better. Anytime someone does the same thing, whining about a vendor and publishing private email conversations, it makes me cringe. 

It is completely unprofessional for you to do that and you just  lower yourself further than whatever may have been said to you, and everyone else that supports this kind of practice. 

I won't post on this forum any longer!

11 minutes ago, hopkins said:

I was just shocked by the fact that you would post private emails you had with him.

You may as well have  taped a phone call or face to face conversation with the guy and published it.

As a moderator on this forum you should know better. Anytime someone does the same thing, whining about a vendor and publishing private email conversations, it makes me cringe. 

It is completely unprofessional for you to do that and you just  lower yourself further than whatever may have been said to you, and everyone else that supports this kind of practice. 

Those are your feelings, and you are entitled to them.  Other people feel differently, and in fact the law treats this situation very differently than recording a phone conversation without consent. Do you really think a "declaration of war" via email is the sort of thing someone reasonably expects would never be revealed to another?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

7 minutes ago, Jud said:

Those are your feelings, and you are entitled to them.  Other people feel differently, and in fact the law treats this situation very differently than recording a phone conversation without consent.

Then the Law is an Ass !

Does it also permit dissemination of Mobile Phone Texts ???

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

26 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Wow. 

Would you you have preferred the he said - he said situation?

Actually, nothing could have gotten said. If you are not legally worried...leave the link as-is...go on. If you really feel threatened and somewhat worried that TA has a case....call an attorney. If you feel bullied...call ToneAudio Magazine and talk it out.  I do give you credit, this thread has gotten people to stop talking about MQA for a while

Wonder why it’s only become an issue with CA?  Clearly Jeff and Tone Audio have been around for quite some time (great website) and has of course been available to other “links” or what not so why do you suppose there is an issue with just CA?

i see links to his articles and certainly on the clearing house website “Daily Audiophile”  his site is linked to and he has no issue there.......sooooo?  

David

54 minutes ago, hopkins said:

+1

David

3 minutes ago, realhifi said:

Wonder why it’s only become an issue with CA?  Clearly Jeff and Tone Audio have been around for quite some time (great website) and has of course been available to other “links” or what not so why do you suppose there is an issue with just CA?

i see links to his articles and certainly on the clearing house website “Daily Audiophile”  his site is linked to and he has no issue there.......sooooo?  

It's not the links that are the problem. CA re-published the article in it's entirety. 

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

Other people feel differently, and in fact the law treats this situation very differently than recording a phone conversation without consent.

Then the Law is an Ass !

deleted

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Yes, CA publishes an exact bit perfect copy of what Tone Audio pushes out through syndication. 

We use it’s syndicated feed exactly how it’s designed to be used. 

Isn't that how syndication always worked?  I don't believe newspapers were allowed to edit content for any syndicated columnist.  They merely published the unedited content, or chose not to use the syndicated content at all.  ("bit perfect," of course, wasn't a term that would have applied in old print, naturally!)

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

4 minutes ago, Hugo9000 said:

Isn't that how syndication always worked?  I don't believe newspapers were allowed to edit content for any syndicated columnist.  They merely published the unedited content, or chose not to use the syndicated content at all.  ("bit perfect," of course, wasn't a term that would have applied in old print, naturally!)

Exactly. 

Though some one think we alter it or have the ability to make changes easily. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 minute ago, Allan F said:

No it isn't, Alex, unless you broadcast your phone calls.

Alex I believe was talking about the emails. 

These aren't confidential messages sent to a friend or lover, which you would reasonably expect those people not to reveal.  There is no confidential information in them, of the sort you would reasonably expect not to be revealed by, for example, a potential business partner.  It is someone essentially screaming at and threatening you electronically. You can reasonably expect that sort of thing to be discussed with others. 

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Sooner or later this Pendej... was going to show up some where with his pathetic and irrational self, had a similar experience with his Nazi attitude a few years ago over facebook when elections were on fire and among all the audiophiles writers that i have on facebook as friends this intolerable disgusting man named Jeff Dorgay went "Cheetos" over me with an agresivo comment that he was going to shut me down for commenting about politics, he is a piece of.... BIG TIME, let him be, people like this guy little by little they go sinking in their own S...t

Best regards Chris!!

ER + PH DR7T - TAIKO Server + PH DR7T ( HQPOs + ROON ) JCAT XE USB - Lampizator Baltic 4 - D-Athena preamp - K- EX-M7 amp - PMC Twenty5 26

16 minutes ago, Jud said:

Alex I believe was talking about the emails.

My bad. I assumed he was talking about the original topic until I went back after posting and looked at your post that Alex replied to. Nevertheless, it is still common knowledge and/or advice that when you write an email, you should assume that it will become public. Unless encrypted, email is/should not be considered to be secure.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron