IGNORED

Jeff Dorgay & TONEAudio Declare War on CA

1 hour ago, firedog said:
6 hours ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Chris, why would Darko want his RSS not displayed on CA. Is it the same reasoning as JD? It's not how politely they asked, but why they asked, is my question.

They don't want the entire article displayed, because they want the click to their site.

Hi firedog

you may have missed my earlier posts. I realize they don't want the whole article displayed.Moreover, its up to Darko and JD to configure the RSS feed to suit themselves. So, why the need for *any* discussion with CC at all. I speculated that maybe they don't even want the abridged version displayed.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

7 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I grew up with someone who not only read the book, he went to classes that teach you how to implement the book. He's still a jerk.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Just now, firedog said:

I grew up with someone who not only read the book, he went to classes that teach you how to implement the book. He's still a jerk.

I suspect that either only jerks read that book, or the book turns people into jerks.

Just now, mansr said:

I suspect that either only jerks read that book, or the book turns people into jerks.

The book is also supposed to teach how to present things, convince others,  and to help people learn poise. The problem is that if your jerkiness level is more than a minimal amount, your jerkiness overcomes whatever techniques you learn. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I say we start a big protest for Tone Audio magazine for being mean to Chris. Real simple

1. find out the address of main office or owner's home

2. Call these people...yes a big chunk of protesters you see on TV are hired https://crowdsondemand.com/

3. Pick a date...get permits

4. Print signs that maybe read (or something similar) "stop being mean to me" ... "my feelings got hurt"...."you are going down you big, mean, bully"

5. publish the protest all over the internet

LOL..I love this...so silly.....

Wow, is this our next level of forum etiquette? (even with a convenient url..)

This even violates several TOS articles (as does the OP by the way..!? ). Or does the TOS doesn’t apply for this topic?

An (un?)convenient url:

Otherwise we better ask for a CA TOS version which does welcome hatred, insult, etc. I’m still flabbergasted that this is a CA topic (I’ve even read a TOS for the first time in my life to check my expectations. I’m off.)

15 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Wow. 

Would you you have preferred the he said - he said situation?

I doubt it.

I happen to agree with them, and I will challenge anyone who calls me a troll after the length of time I have been around here. What I feel you and many others are missing is that although it is your right and you are right, the high road would have been to apologize and remove all of TA feeds after he refused your suggestion. Sure he was a bully, and likely a dumb ass, but it is not an excuse to make a scene nor push back publicly with this high school BS. It is his feed and his decision however stupid it might be. Don't you have better things to do than attempt to school a nitwit? I expect this crap from some of the posters here, but I thought you were better than that.

I'll not post further on this stupid topic.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

11 hours ago, Jud said:

Hi Alex - You are of course right that there are moral/ethical issues regarding confidentiality of correspondence.  But I think one might find a better case for moral issues than to keep threats and bullying a private matter.

OK, I said I wouldn't post, but c'mon Jud. Are we to believe that Chris was for any moment actually in fear of anything? There is a difference between a blow hard and someone who is actually litigious with any sort of case. If there was true danger, then perhaps CC was right to do this, but I somehow doubt that there really was any actual fear. This all seems like two angry middle aged dudes puffing their chests while a bunch of people goad them on because they too need the release.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

6 minutes ago, 4est said:

I doubt it.

I happen to agree with them, and I will challenge anyone who calls me a troll after the length of time I have been around here. What I feel you and many others are missing is that although it is your right and you are right, the high road would have been to apologize and remove all of TA feeds after he refused your suggestion. Sure he was a bully, and likely a dumb ass, but it is not an excuse to make a scene nor push back publicly with this high school BS. It is his feed and his decision however stupid it might be. Don't you have better things to do than attempt to school a nitwit? I expect this crap from some of the posters here, but I thought you were better than that.

I'll not post further on this stupid topic.

I starting thinking about copyright laws.  And read this:

https://www.lifewire.com/legal-side-of-rss-feeds-3469296

https://jux.law/are-rss-feeds-copyrighted/

The Truth Is Out There

1 minute ago, james45974 said:

seems clear as mud!

Then you understood it. Really. Because they're making the point that copyright law is not settled regarding republication of RSS feeds. 

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

2 hours ago, FredM said:

Wow, is this our next level of forum etiquette? (even with a convenient url..)

This even violates several TOS articles (as does the OP by the way..!? ). Or does the TOS doesn’t apply for this topic?

An (un?)convenient url:

Otherwise we better ask for a CA TOS version which does welcome hatred, insult, etc. I’m still flabbergasted that this is a CA topic (I’ve even read a TOS for the first time in my life to check my expectations. I’m off.)

He owns this site so I doubt the TOS applies to himself. He could choose to follow them though. 

55 minutes ago, Jud said:

Then you understood it. Really. Because they're making the point that copyright law is not settled regarding republication of RSS feeds.  

I tell ya Jud, I would not want to be on the other side of the table in a hearing and attempt to  explain why I didn't contact the owner of the material and get permission to use it in its entirety.  IN this case, copyright infringement has to be proven by the owner of the material. Interesting case for IP atty's.

The Truth Is Out There

44 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It is my intention to shine a light on them and create a public track record of their behavior. 

\But at what cost Chris. I think you have already shown the darkness that lies in the owner of Tone Audio.. And its now public record. 

The Truth Is Out There