IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

6 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

@Ishmael Slapowitz Are you in the industry?

You’ve used many anonymizing techniques, since you joined, to hide your identity from me behind the scenes. 

I pointed out McGrath was an MQA insider and promoter. I understand this may have made you uncomfortable as you now own Wilsons and they are a client. I was simply pointing out a fact concerning their sales manager and his MQA endorsement.  Nothing else.

7 minutes ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

I pointed out McGrath was an MQA insider and promoter. I understand this may have made you uncomfortable as you now own Wilsons and they are a client. I was simply pointing out a fact concerning their sales manager and his MQA endorsement.  Nothing else.

You said more than that. You said he had something to gain financially from the success of MQA. I’m willing to take you at your word, I simply asked if you would explain how. 

1 hour ago, christopher3393 said:

What is your affiliation with the audio industry? Have you written audio equipment reviews and do you continue to do so? It is policy here to declare your affiliation. Have you ever posted on this site under another name?

All he said was that he's been to hifi shows. How does that turn in your mind into him being "in the industry"? 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

3 minutes ago, mansr said:

Thanks for clarifying your intent.

look, I know you and some others are fine with having abrasive banned individuals return as often as they can get away with it by basically deceiving the moderator. Of course, this is only the case if they support and advance your cause by whatever means necessary.

But please don't paint me as supporting MQA. And don't ask me to like the screed that you not infrequently serve alongs with your technical screenshots. Not gonna happen.

57 minutes ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

Find something do with your self please. 🤣

Actually, if you have nothing to hide there is no reason not to state that you have no affiliation. Just answer whether you do or not.

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

4 minutes ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

Did you not see my post? Perhaps read posts further up before you accuse?

Sorry. Edited my previous post. 

1 hour ago, John_Atkinson said:

There were other issues but according to Charley Hansen, it was primarily battery life. The DSP available for MQA decoding back then rapidly depleted the player's battery.

John Atkinson

Technical Editor, Stereophile

Seriously?

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook