IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

3 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

I saw the Qobuz  numbers 200,000 overall and 25,000 in the United States. Did someone start a boycott or is this more evidence that high resolution audio is a very hard sell?

Good Question. On other audio forums, it was how Qobuz inter-operates with ROON that is a complaint and the fact people didn't like the Qobuz software. It was a beta test - jeez.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

1 hour ago, christopher3393 said:

First 5 chapters available for preview here:  https://play.google.com/store/books/details?pcampaignid=books_read_action&id=5m2QDwAAQBAJ

Several mentions of MQA, BS in early chapters.

NB: I was able to purchase and download the ebook just now.

Are you sure you did not just "pre-order" it... In other words what you downloaded is just the sample chapters already available?

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

11 hours ago, esldude said:

I can see the same thing as posted.  First 4 chapters.  I've not pre-ordered it. 

First 5 chapters available in preview. After purchasing yesterday, the entire book was accessible -- I looked at two later chapters to verify. This morning when I went to check, I no longer had access to the book. Perhaps the seller was notified?

8 minutes ago, Currawong said:

Now it's on my mind, does anyone have a list of the tracks where it has been confirmed that their MQA sample rate is higher than their recorded rate?  Including the one where all the high-res material was an alias of the audible music.

How would you know what the recording format was? This information is rarely provided by the labels. All we can spot with any certainty is 44/48 kHz material upsampled and tagged as a higher original rate in MQA. That's possible since MQA does preserve at least some content up to 48 kHz. Above that it's all fake, even if the recording was in fact done at the advertised rate.