IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

A desperate move of MQA?  I do not have the data of mainland Chinese buying legitimate copies of CD or files but I believe it is relatively low in those who have the habit of listening music  and most of them on their PC or mobile. 

MetalNuts

24 minutes ago, MetalNuts said:

A desperate move of MQA?  I do not have the data of mainland Chinese buying legitimate copies of CD or files but I believe it is relatively low in those who have the habit of listening music  and most of them on their PC or mobile. 

this deal is like signing u to supply ham to the Synagogue cafeteria. 🤣

On 7/12/2019 at 9:30 AM, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

Well this is curious. Interesting proposition from Flutteringmachines.

Lavagnah says:

"...digital recordings should be offered in the working sample rate."

also

"..And if you want to make an argument in favor of 16/44.1 or lossy formats in terms of space, storage or bandwidth, check your calendar. Just the year will do."

He unknowingly makes two points as to why MQA should not exist in 2019.

https://twitteringmachines.com/pet-peeves-hi-res-downloads/

I have to admit I kind of miss Lavorgna running Audiostream. He was just such a predictable jerk, and always provided a great deal of entertainment. Picking fights with anyone who posted a comment that did not line up with his shill-centric editorial garbage. Having his buddy Steve Plaskin write the most outrageous glowing reviews of the snake oil from Synergistic Research.

Rafe Arnott doesn't post info that is more useful, helpful, or accurate than Lavorgna did, but he's kind of a likable guy.  Unlike ML.

6 minutes ago, skikirkwood said:

I have to admit I kind of miss Lavorgna running Audiostream. He was just such a predictable jerk, and always provided a great deal of entertainment. Picking fights with anyone who posted a comment that did not line up with his shill-centric editorial garbage. Having his buddy Steve Plaskin write the most outrageous glowing reviews of the snake oil from Synergistic Research.

Rafe Arnott doesn't post info that is more useful, helpful, or accurate than Lavorgna did, but he's kind of a likable guy.  Unlike ML.

Have to agree. The way he ran AudioStream was befitting of a baby boomer with a liberal arts degree. They were all brought  to think they were smarter than everybody else and oh-so-special lol. I guess it is worse now with all the 20 something snow flakes.

In the end the grizzled hipster persona was grating. And he was expendable to their new UK owners. 

15 minutes ago, skikirkwood said:

I didn't know Lasagna was gone from Audiostream - what happened to him?

1 hour ago, KeenObserver said:

The Chinese are not allowed full access to the web.  They are allowed a carefully screened version.

Now, with MQA, they will not be allowed access to full resolution audio. Sad.

The Great Firewall and the Great Lie. ☺️

mQa is dead!

2 minutes ago, jabbr said:

Reverse engineered, copied, distributed ... done deal, who cares?

Not necessary!  What is the purpose of all that trouble for copying MQA lies?  Is it worthwhile to waste effort in reverse engineering, copying? Are there anything worth copying? Here in the forum, most agreed or understood that there is no benefit that MQA will bring.  If the Chinese were to lie, they could lie on their own and invent their own Voodoo.🤣

MetalNuts

1 hour ago, MetalNuts said:

Not necessary!  What is the purpose of all that trouble for copying MQA lies?  Is it worthwhile to waste effort in reverse engineering, copying? Are there anything worth copying? Here in the forum, most agreed or understood that there is no benefit that MQA will bring.  If the Chinese were to lie, they could lie on their own and invent their own Voodoo.🤣

Seems like a case for Detective Dee... MQA sorcery? 

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Are we all familiar with HyperNormalisation? As a thing and the documentary that lays it all out clearly.

MQA and the like seem to follow this pattern of using media and messaging to generate a "reality" that isn't there but convince us it is. Actors as influencers... Until it is the only reality we see and then make judgment calls and decisions based on it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p04b183c/adam-curtis-hypernormalisation

13 hours ago, Fast and Bulbous said:

Are we all familiar with HyperNormalisation? As a thing and the documentary that lays it all out clearly.

MQA and the like seem to follow this pattern of using media and messaging to generate a "reality" that isn't there but convince us it is. Actors as influencers... Until it is the only reality we see and then make judgment calls and decisions based on it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p04b183c/adam-curtis-hypernormalisation

Well they do say they use journalists to advance their marketing in their financial statements. 

22 hours ago, jabbr said:

Reverse engineered, copied, distributed ... done deal, who cares?

Don't need to reverse engineer MQA in order to copy files and distribute them (at least now without the DRM code to prevent playback of copies).  In any case,  if some DRM code is applied that would prevent playback of copies, then MQA CD's would not be playable on most disk players in existence. And as along as non-MQA files/CDs are available,  then who needs MQA anyway?

mQa is dead!

12 minutes ago, Tintinabulum said:

Is that a shout out to the “gang” to go over and keep up the tirade? Others to rain on the parade?

You’re the one who thought of it, so what does that say about you?

don’t read between the lines of my writing. I’m not afraid to say what I mean, unlike the old guard. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png