IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

31 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

You’re the one who thought of it, so what does that say about you?

don’t read between the lines of my writing. I’m not afraid to say what I mean, unlike the old guard. 

You might want to mention if it measures bad and sounds good your hearing isn’t as good as you think.

from Yreka California on the road to the northern Oregon where I will probably be very cold. Cheers ya’ll

38 minutes ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

The question was directed at a Meridian devotee. 😎

I was making a fair comment.  I am not biased towards any particular brand name.  Good is good and bad is bad, a renowned brand name cannot amend its bad product.🤣  BS's good past record in the industry (if any) cannot make good the lies of MQA.

MetalNuts

45 minutes ago, Sonicularity said:

That may not be your choice.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6041499/

I am sure and I am confident with myself  and the place I live allows me to do so, but I cannot say that of  you cos' I do not know whether you are living in a place where you are free to think and what is your mentality and how much you believe in yourself.🤔

MetalNuts

Going to precede Mr. Slapowitz call to get back on topic.  Which isn't gazing upon your self image in the glowing pool of reflection until someone sees a ripple of body horror.  Or views @MetalNuts from too personal a perspective.

So are you selling the dickens out of MQA or rationalizing how others are?

On 7/12/2019 at 10:50 AM, Ralf11 said:

OTOH, rumors are that the Vanatoo are quite good speakers.

I have not heard them, but they are o my short list for an office system.

On 7/12/2019 at 10:57 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I Believe @wgscott has some Vanatoo speakers.

I have the first generation.  They are accurate to about 40Hz and then don't try to do what they can't do.  In an office setting, low bass probably isn't what you want, but you could pair it with a sub.  Above 40Hz they are near-field flat, thanks to a very modest application of DSP.  The trade-off (if memory serves) is that, in the process, it resamples everything to 48kHz.  If you can live with that, then they are great. (They are, by definition, not capable of bit-perfect playback, as the DSP and resampling is hard-wired.)  The only other minor quibble I have is the first generation has no remote.  I think the newer one does.  

To summarize my impression:  Near-field, they sound like goo headphones without having anything clamped on your head

Interesting, only 22 shareholders in MQA and 14,414 shares in total. Merlin Assets, Sony Music, Universal Music (not much left after that fire in their vault), Warner Music, Reinet S.A.R.L. and, Muse Holdings S.A.R.L. are the only companies. The rest are individuals....

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects