IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

4 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

we are going to keep the pressure on MQA and see what breaks. And I want it crystal clear to anyone considering streaming MQA that there will be bad publicity at their launch

Wow, a lot of hate there. Thanks goodness there's some people out there protecting the public against this evil. Any other evils you lot conspire against?

20 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Lee, I highly recommend you ask anyone outside the MQA ltd office what they thought about the MQA representatives' behavior. Based on your above comment, I willing to bet it will shock you.

Also, I presented facts. Just because the facts aren't on the side of MQA doesn't mean I delivered a biased presentation. I'm still searching for where I was "called out" on anything. Rudely interrupted, yes, but far from called out. 

Please tell me what I was called out on and what was biased in my slides. I'll wait right here. 

9 minutes ago, Lee Scoggins said:

Stay classy.

Can we expect your response to Chris today?

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

21 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Lee, I highly recommend you ask anyone outside the MQA ltd office what they thought about the MQA representatives' behavior. Based on your above comment, I willing to bet it will shock you.

Also, I presented facts. Just because the facts aren't on the side of MQA doesn't mean I delivered a biased presentation. I'm still searching for where I was "called out" on anything. Rudely interrupted, yes, but far from called out. 

Please tell me what I was called out on and what was biased in my slides. I'll wait right here. 

P.S. Jbara showed his cards right under your nose and you still missed it. MQA is about money. He stated that people would no longer go into making music without MQA to help them make money (comical as it sounds). Think about that Lee. MQA is a way for people to make money and has zero to do with improving anything for the consumer that can't be done without MQA.

Then again, you're probably still pushing the agenda that Sony invented SACD because of sound quality and it had zero to do with patents running out for redbook CD.

A couple of people I spoke with RMAF not on the MQA team thought the discussion after you left was helpful.  Mike and Ken stayed around and answered questions.  You should have stayed too as it would been better for you to ask questions of the team.  In any the discussion ended on a positive note.  Rt66 came outside and had a good discussion with Mike Jbara.

I don't understand why you bring up the point about money.  MQA has never been shy about wanting to make $.  They are a startup and need to pay people and make investments.  They also know (as I have explained here several times here) that to get participants in the ecosystem, you have to provide value and money for all the participants.  All successful businesses work this way.  It's even more important when you are trying to establish a new audio standard or way of doing something. 

12 minutes ago, Jud said:

I wasn't thrilled about that, although you can install firmware that doesn't do DSD (and allows DSD512 into the bargain).  It's the reason I haven't "upgraded" to firmware that would eliminate my ability to upsample/convert to DSD512, while enabling MQA that I don't listen to.

I had my eye on the iFi Pro for a long time as well.  MQA is part of why I have not acquired one.  I probably will get one when the street price (if?) comes down.  In the meantime, and in an completely different implementation/philosophical direction, I have a Gungnir multibit that is to arrive in a couple of days.

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

4 hours ago, KeenObserver said:

As envisioned by MQA,  MQA is a closed "ecosystem".  Like a septic system.  And full of the same thing.

Does this comment add anything to the discussion?

The toxicity of the post is underscored by the (for me, and I'm sure others) useful parsing of DSD technology that's unfolded over the last few days on this thread. The principals in that back-and-forth were pretty insistent about their positions and the tone got edgy, but it was still quite illuminating for those of us who don't have an engineering background - who can't do the "maths," as one of the protagonists would say.

Someone will suggest that I simply block this guy and, of course, I could. But that won't stop postings like this from derailing a serious dialog regarding a controversial or otherwise challenging issue.

Chris has reminded me before how rare this sort of provocative-for-the-sake-of provocation posting is on AS. So how sure is he that KeenObserver isn't someone we've heard from before? The  expressive style, and (lack of) substance seem awful familiar....

7 minutes ago, firedog said:

A bit unfair, I think. ARQ has been consistently polite here and has tried to further the discussion. He hasn't been a fanboy for MQA, unlike Lee. I'd agree that he does seem to have a heightened sensitivity to civility and tone-to the point of possibly not being able to read a post for content b/c of what he sees as a nasty tone.

Fair enough.  I'm still assuming that Quint is speaking for The Absolute Sound here.  Haven't seen any statement from The Absolute Sound disavowing his posts here.