IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

7 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

You said yourself that the discussion was "good" once all MQA dissent was removed from the room.  If this isn't a stark indication that you have a pro-MQA agenda, I don't know what is.

Dissent is a bit harsh of a term.  What I saw were just objective discoveries that could have been discussed and possibly explained by some of those present in the audience.  Instead, we got a rant as Dick Cheney could expect at a Berkley graduation ceremony.

1 minute ago, Sonicularity said:

Dissent is a bit harsh of a term.  What I saw were just objective discoveries that could have been discussed and possibly explained by some of those present in the audience.  Instead, we got a rant as Dick Cheney could expect at a Berkley graduation ceremony.

Does that make me Dick Cheney?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

17 minutes ago, Jud said:

The contortions you go through to avoid acknowledging the plain meaning of what you say, and to describe others' understandings of that plain meaning as "misleading," are remarkable. I have now seen you do this very same thing with regard to whether Pro Tools is capable of producing high resolution tracks; whether others in the business foresaw financial problems from LHL's extensive use of crowdfunding; and the quality of Chris's presentation at RMAF. Because of this refusal to admit any least fault, the potential value of your contribution to these forums is greatly diminished.

Cartoon.jpg

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

2 hours ago, mansr said:

To paraphrase, by your own admission, you chose to be bullies rather than engage meaningfully with Chris.

Where did I say that?  I felt there was a meaningful exchange.  I simply pointed out that there was no DRM music issued to date since Chris did not address that on his slides when on the DRM topic. It was a valid counterpoint to his slide.

2 hours ago, Jud said:

Wow.

Chris's presentation was "biased;" you objected to @firedog's evaluation of the presentation as not allowing for good discussion because he wasn't there afterward; the discussion afterward was a key part of the experience because it was so good; but none of this is supposed to imply that good conversation wasn't possible when Chris was in the room presenting his "biased" ideas.

The contortions you go through to avoid acknowledging the plain meaning of what you say, and to describe others' understandings of that plain meaning as "misleading," are remarkable. I have now seen you do this very same thing with regard to whether Pro Tools is capable of producing high resolution tracks; whether others in the business foresaw financial problems from LHL's extensive use of crowdfunding; and the quality of Chris's presentation at RMAF. Because of this refusal to admit any least fault, the potential value of your contribution to these forums is greatly diminished.

Jud, you are confusing my view that Chris had biased slides with a point I never made, that no good discussion with Chris was possible.  Indeed I think we made a point, which Chris acknowledged, that no DRM music had been issued.