IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

15 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Sometimes metaphors do not work.  IMHO, "barbarians" is not a good moniker for MQA shills.

I had to think about that. To me they resemble the Vandals and Goths, so I would still go with barbarians, or at least, barbaric behavior. 

-Paul 

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

19 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Sounds like we have a volunteer 😄

You need a group of USA members, of which there are far more than from other countries.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 hour ago, mansr said:

It's always valid to examine someone's motivations.

"Examine," eh? Seemed more like rampant speculation or mere insult to me, but opinions differ I suppose.

1 hour ago, mansr said:

This is why author affiliations are disclosed in scientific publications.

Yes, I often see authors of scientific papers described as "stooges," with pictures of gorillas.🙄

I mean this is Lee Scoggins.  Who cares what he thinks?  He's managed to destroy his own credibility about any number of issues, including MQA, in no time here.

Pete Townshend knew what he was talking about when he wrote that line in Tommy: "Let's forget you, better still."

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

9 minutes ago, Jud said:

"Examine," eh? Seemed more like rampant speculation or mere insult to me, but opinions differ I suppose.

Yes, I often see authors of scientific papers described as "stooges," with pictures of gorillas.🙄

I mean this is Lee Scoggins.  Who cares what he thinks?  He's managed to destroy his own credibility about any number of issues, including MQA, in no time here.

Pete Townshend knew what he was talking about when he wrote that line in Tommy: "Let's forget you, better still."

Yep, they differ.

Also, just so you know this is a stooge:

image.jpeg.341be76913fd9a21edf683b9346afd05.jpeg

and these are guerilla...marketers...in love:

image.jpeg.b9ed76fe1d01b9e4c32d886db920c0d9.jpeg

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

Just now, mansr said:

I think it's closer to 98%, possibly as much 104%.

At some point in the now distant past, I found myself parsing yet another review full of nearly uniform praise for some sign of what the reviewer's real opinion was, and thought, "Why go to the trouble?"

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

3 minutes ago, crenca said:

Yep, they differ.

Also, just so you know this is a stooge:

image.jpeg.341be76913fd9a21edf683b9346afd05.jpeg

and these are guerilla...marketers...in love:

image.jpeg.b9ed76fe1d01b9e4c32d886db920c0d9.jpeg

Any post with Curly, I like.

"You actions certainly suggest you and a few others here definitely have an agenda.  I wish you well, but doing bad things like you are doing will inevitably lead to unpleasant consequences.  That isn't a threat by the way, just a prediction. 

Have a nice life. "

That is a quote from someone that is telling MQA critics to be civil.

What the MQA shills mean is that those people that are closely examining MQA should shut up,  bend over, and accept MQA.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

1 hour ago, mansr said:

I don't bother locking my door any more. The last burglar couldn't get in, so the lock seems unnecessary.

LOL!  I just live in a place where one has no real need to lock one's door. Besides, I do not think there are any locks that can keep a burglar out

:)

-Paul 

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Is there a race between @Ralf11 and @Paul R for the most prolific poster award?

I always do a year-end MVP award thread for AS contributors, but hey ... we could open up a new category. 🙄

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

4 hours ago, Paul R said:

Howdy?  Where were you in 2010 or so? :)

Unlike Paul, I didn't go away and I post daily - and I'm still not close to his number of posts😁!

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Hi,

Bad news - MQA claims on their website are allowed - complaint not upheld :

https://www.asa.org.uk/rulings/mqa-ltd-a18-470395.html

An excerpt :

"MQA provided a peer-reviewed publication which they said explained the approach taken by MQA, as well as an article by the Recording Industry Association of America, whose technical committee investigated the technology and approved it for the release of recordings described as high resolution. They said that the technology had been adopted into guidelines from Recording Academy for high resolution music production and provided a link to the guidelines on the Grammy website. They said major music labels had adopted the technology and provided statements from eight people they said were respected, such as music producers, engineers and recording artists."

What was the peer reviewed publications (AES ??).

Major record labels adopting the techniology - do the ASA know that they are shareholders ??, so a conflict of interest.

Who are the respected people ?? - did they contact Brian Lucey ??

Utter farce.

Regards,

Shadders.

9 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Hi,

Bad news - MQA claims on their website are allowed - complaint not upheld :

https://www.asa.org.uk/rulings/mqa-ltd-a18-470395.html

An excerpt :

"MQA provided a peer-reviewed publication which they said explained the approach taken by MQA, as well as an article by the Recording Industry Association of America, whose technical committee investigated the technology and approved it for the release of recordings described as high resolution. They said that the technology had been adopted into guidelines from Recording Academy for high resolution music production and provided a link to the guidelines on the Grammy website. They said major music labels had adopted the technology and provided statements from eight people they said were respected, such as music producers, engineers and recording artists."

What was the peer reviewed publications (AES ??).

Major record labels adopting the techniology - do the ASA know that they are shareholders ??, so a conflict of interest.

Who are the respected people ?? - did they contact Brian Lucey ??

Utter farce.

Regards,

Shadders.

Told you it wouldn't work. Far too technical for the ASA. Their statement basically boils down to "we have no idea what we're looking at, but the guys selling it say it's good, so we're going to go with that."

1 minute ago, mansr said:

Told you it wouldn't work. Far too technical for the ASA. Their statement basically boils down to "we have no idea what we're looking at, but the guys selling it say it's good, so we're going to go with that."

Hi,

Not sure who made the complaint - but i would expect them to present evidence to the contrary, or the conflict of interest.

Regards,

Shadders.