IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

45 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The eternal optimist. Next time I have a bad day, I should call Peter V. He could spin any tragedy into a can't lose, opportunity not to be missed. I have to give him credit. 

24 minutes ago, firedog said:

Classic cognitive dissonance. He's spent years vociferously defending it, no matter what.

What will he say when it actually fails and goes away?

More of same here: Post in thread 'Whither MQA' https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/whither-mqa.36636/post-868051

24 minutes ago, FredericV said:

https://www.ecoustics.com/news/mqa-bankruptcy/
"There have been a series of events in recent months that likely explain why MQA filed when it did.   

First, MQA’s attempt to get the MQAir codec into the Bluetooth standard failed when the Bluetooth SIG did not add it to the latest release. MQA had certainly been hoping for that as it would have given them a leg up on other competing codecs as being in the standard would ensure broader compatibility than any of the current proprietary offerings (aptX, LDAC, LHDC, etc.). "

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/The-Audio-Voice-414--The-Case-of-the-SCL6-Scalable-Codec--How-Much-Do-You-Want-Hi-Res-Audio-.html?soid=1104292817535&aid=6aJSuNESaAs

"I'm getting used to visceral reactions that any reference to the name MQA generates, independently of what we're talking about. We've seen those reactions happening when the new SCL6 scalable codec was officially announced as MQair back in November 2022, a strategy that apparently the company has decided to retrieve to avoid any confusion with the original MQA system solution."

With other words he says that anything which refers to MQA will have trouble to be well received. Good message for us.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The eternal optimist. Next time I have a bad day, I should call Peter V. He could spin any tragedy into a can't lose, opportunity not to be missed. I have to give him credit. 

There are some things best left untouched or tried.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

Roon community also closes down threads regarding the failure of MQA. 

Roon is as all know outcome from Meridian and have always got "exclusive rights" with unfolding (sorry upsampling) and only solution that supports dsp with mqa streams (as far as I know)

Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 09.40.54.png

Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 09.44.13.png

Screenshot_20230408_095347_Facebook.jpg

2 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

@Iving … ... too much honour, a mass grave would already be too much … 😉

What's interesting to me ... I reckon the internet response - mainly on music related forums - is overwhelmingly "favourable" about the latest developments. Plenty of "likes" on posts declaring Rupert resignation and Administration news. The meme i just posted my favourite of all posts. If there are any folks upset about it all, or nurturing an alternative point of view, they are keeping very quiet on MQA threads. Possible exception of likes of PV and LS as we have seen. Lots of people saying this is overdue - and they're right.

Yeah MQA is a dodo - and the honour equity is definitely negative.

On 4/6/2023 at 12:23 PM, Skirmash said:

Would Tidal themselves consider purchasing it? They have sunk significant effort into making MQA a point of difference!

Tidal have skin in the game and I think it's a definite possibility. It wouldn't be Tidal itself purchasing MQA, but Tidal's owner Block Inc. Block (Square) paid $300M for Tidal and they can easily purchase MQA.

1 hour ago, FredericV said:

The blame was to be expected: @Archimago and @GoldenOne did it ;)

image.png.d902ddcd59acab5721ef257710b1146f.png
image.png.62f30ef4b0f2bf662e332ce26c341332.png

They have  @botrytis has a point there - with MQAnon - ok @JoeWhip as well with the flat-earthers analogy ;-)
Interesting part is that PV hast a special lowland bachelor degree in chemistry, which obviously means he is the one who knows everything about "click-bait driven, not science" & prevailing truth !

2 hours ago, DuckToller said:

They have  @botrytis has a point there - with MQAnon - ok @JoeWhip as well with the flat-earthers analogy ;-)
Interesting part is that PV hast a special lowland bachelor degree in chemistry, which obviously means he is the one who knows everything about "click-bait driven, not science" & prevailing truth !

They remind of the Catholic church when they excommunicated Galileo, then had to come and Un-excommunicate him - it only took 500 years... 

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects