On 5/31/2020 at 11:03 AM, Musicophile said:

A beautiful new release (and very audiophile at that) from ECM. 24/96 from Qobuz. 

Here's my review: https://musicophilesblog.com/2020/05/31/accordion-and-guitar-seriously-absolutely-rivages-a-beautiful-new-ecm-release-by-jean-louis-martinier-and-kevin-seddiki/

wklzsy52qf5ec_600.jpg

The accordion was my Dad’s instrument until we got him into keyboards in the 80’s with Roland and Korg. His Cordovox with a Leslie cabinet sure did have a sweet sound. He had a successful band in the Philly area for 40 years. If I had to do it all again, I would have stuck with the piano like my son, who is a better vocalist and songwriter than I could ever be.

This is one of my all time faves, and a great 2am listen. It’s a tonality/timbre champ.  A majority of the album was written one night after a hallucinatory nightmare Chan had while staying alone in a farmhouse  Go figure

9BA0F004-89BE-4D21-95DF-527487058DE7.jpeg

11 hours ago, ted_b said:

This is one of my all time faves, and a great 2am listen. It’s a tonality/timbre champ.  A majority of the album was written one night after a hallucinatory nightmare Chan had while staying alone in a farmhouse  Go figure

9BA0F004-89BE-4D21-95DF-527487058DE7.jpeg

MacBook Pro with Audirvana - Qobuz Studio

M2Tech Young DSD MKIII - PSU M2Tech Van Der Graaf MKII

Cambridge Audio Edge A

Harbeth C7ES-3

PS Audio Powerplant Stelllar P3