Rajiv, where do you put Jared’s recordings/Ivan Fischer’s performance of the Mahler cycle? I’m ignorant of Mahler basically so no dog in this fight (except my friendship and work relationship with Jared)  Btw they never did the 8th given the resources involved. 

2 hours ago, ted_b said:

Rajiv, where do you put Jared’s recordings/Ivan Fischer’s performance of the Mahler cycle? I’m ignorant of Mahler basically so no dog in this fight (except my friendship and work relationship with Jared)  Btw they never did the 8th given the resources involved. 

Hi Ted,

Fischer's solid overall. The earlier Channel Classics releases are well recorded. The standout to me is the last one they released, Mahler's 3rd. That is an outstanding performance AND recording.

I can totally understand why the 8th is a challenge!

20 hours ago, firedog said:

Nice one. Thanks

I like this one even more, I listened to it today. Mason Bates is a very unusual composer, combining electronics with orchestra. I find his music very exciting. 

image.png

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

5 hours ago, 88Keys said:

A wonderful LP set--stunning playing and very realistic sound.

R-4021102-1590526965-1919.jpeg.jpg

Agreed. In fact, I think I'll listen to a quartet or two tonight!

B&W 803D3 speakers

McIntosh MA9000 integrated amp

Esoteric K-03 SACD player; Chord Qutest DAC

VPI Prime Signature turntable/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze cartridge

Sennheiser HD800s, Audyssey LCD-xC headphones