The Computer Audiophile

Article: My New Speakers Have Arrived!

Rate this topic

Congrats, those speakers look amazing. I will say it's an interesting choice, but aesthetics is a big part of audio.

I think the CR1's nice uniform dispersion will be missed. The Wilson's are more uneven, so I suggest some equalization with REW will help.

112tad.TADfig4.jpg

718WAlex2fig3.jpg

@The Computer Audiophile, I am a little confused. I thought Audio Perfection is your local Wilson dealer so I just assumed somebody from Audio Perfection would set your speakers up. Is it because you’re VIP that Wilson is sending their own representative over? Or is it because you got Alexia (instead of the lower end models?)

ultraRendu > Chord Blu Mk. 2 > Chord DAVE > Chord Etude > Dynaudio Confidence C1 Signature + Sunfire TS-EQ10 subwoofers

Just now, ecwl said:

@The Computer Audiophile, I am a little confused. I thought Audio Perfection is your local Wilson dealer so I just assumed somebody from Audio Perfection would set your speakers up. Is it because you’re VIP that Wilson is sending their own representative over? Or is it because you got Alexia (instead of the lower end models?)

Someone from Wilson is coming because we are going to meet about some business items as well as setup the speakers. It's a two for one trip for them. 

Founder of Audiophile Style and Superphonica

I am very interested in the setup/install process.  Also things like listening position, etc.  This is a great journey to follow.

Do you think you will need to make any cabling changes for the speakers?

I am SURE that you will enjoy them for a long time.

Great choice Chris.

If budget would have allowed me, I was ready to buy a pair myself last year.

However , as I retired a little earlier than expected, it was a no go.

Will you use McIntosh amps as your standard to drive them?

Dirk

3 minutes ago, ddetaey said:

Great choice Chris.

If budget would have allowed me, I was ready to buy a pair myself last year.

However , as I retired a little earlier than expected, it was a no go.

Will you use McIntosh amps as your standard to drive them?

Dirk

Hi Dirk - I'll use the Constellation Audio Inspiration mono amps.

I'll possibly try the Schiit Vidar amps as summer amps because it can get a little hot in my listening room :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style and Superphonica

Cool, would love to hear them. I've never heard Wilson. Hope you like them as much as you expect. 
Having setup from the company is a huge advantage, even for an experienced audiophile. They will get the most out of your space for you. 

Main listening (small home office):

Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>CAPS IV Pipeline Server + Sonore 12V PS >SOtM Lan Isolator>Bricasti M5 Network Player >Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: CAPS Pipeline>IFi iOne DAC>Schiit Freya>Kii Three . Also an SBT and a RB Pi 3B+ running piCorePlayer as an SBT emulator. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Yup, congrats Chris! Hope they meet your expectations.

It'll certainly be very interesting to see how the speaker configuration looks like with assistance from the company in your room. In fact, I'm just as interesting to hear about your room acoustics treatment and with the Wilsons in place. I bet that synergy is essential!

Your "A New Listening Room Part One" post from back in Nov 2018 definitely needs a "Part Two" soon :-).

Archimago's Musings... A "more objective" audiophile blog.

Chris

Wilson Audio is known for allowing very precise setup of phase alignment with their speakers.

I have always wondered why a company , which such focus on phase alignment, is so supportive of MQA, that favours time alignment at the cost of phase alignment

As Wilson Audio is coming to setup your speakers, maybe worthwhile to hear them out?

Dirk