IGNORED

Article: My New Speakers Have Arrived!

Just now, ecwl said:

@The Computer Audiophile, I am a little confused. I thought Audio Perfection is your local Wilson dealer so I just assumed somebody from Audio Perfection would set your speakers up. Is it because you’re VIP that Wilson is sending their own representative over? Or is it because you got Alexia (instead of the lower end models?)

Someone from Wilson is coming because we are going to meet about some business items as well as setup the speakers. It's a two for one trip for them. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 minutes ago, ddetaey said:

Great choice Chris.

If budget would have allowed me, I was ready to buy a pair myself last year.

However , as I retired a little earlier than expected, it was a no go.

Will you use McIntosh amps as your standard to drive them?

Dirk

Hi Dirk - I'll use the Constellation Audio Inspiration mono amps.

I'll possibly try the Schiit Vidar amps as summer amps because it can get a little hot in my listening room :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Cool, would love to hear them. I've never heard Wilson. Hope you like them as much as you expect. 
Having setup from the company is a huge advantage, even for an experienced audiophile. They will get the most out of your space for you. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Yup, congrats Chris! Hope they meet your expectations.

It'll certainly be very interesting to see how the speaker configuration looks like with assistance from the company in your room. In fact, I'm just as interesting to hear about your room acoustics treatment and with the Wilsons in place. I bet that synergy is essential!

Your "A New Listening Room Part One" post from back in Nov 2018 definitely needs a "Part Two" soon :-).

Archimago's Musings: A "more objective" take for the Rational Audiophile.

Beyond mere fidelity, into immersion and realism.

:nomqa: R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

Chris

Wilson Audio is known for allowing very precise setup of phase alignment with their speakers.

I have always wondered why a company , which such focus on phase alignment, is so supportive of MQA, that favours time alignment at the cost of phase alignment

As Wilson Audio is coming to setup your speakers, maybe worthwhile to hear them out?

Dirk