IGNORED

Article: My New Speakers Have Arrived!

1 minute ago, sb6 said:

Congrats on your purchase, the Wilsons were among a few speakers on my short list but I ultimately went with what I felt was the most natural, balanced and effortless - the "elf hats" which I aesthetically love. IMO better than garbage cans, but to each his own. 🙂

Happy listening!

I love it!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Congratulations on acquiring the Alexia Series 2's.  I've never heard the TAD, but these new ones might well be a more revealing sound producer, especially important for a reviewer.  With these the setup is particularly important.  So, it's great to have someone from Wilson able to do this.  You join a growing group of your peers (reviewers that is) who've also purchased these for their home, and I'm pretty sure you know who they are. 

Steve Schaffer

Grimm MU1 / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - APEX DAC - Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral Anniversary monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia V /  Wilson Lōkē subs / Shunyata Everest / Shunyata Omega interconnects, power cables, Ethernet / Shunyata Altaira / Uptone EtherREGEN switch / Cybershaft OP21A-D / Uptone JS2 LPS / HRS racks - Vortex footers - damping plates

On 7/8/2019 at 11:00 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Someone from Wilson is coming because we are going to meet about some business items as well as setup the speakers. It's a two for one trip for them. 

Perhaps you'll be finalizing the terms of your trade?

Since I know that the less than 1/5th its size banner ad right below goes for $7,500/year, I'm guessing that we'll be looking at that massive new Wilson ad for at least 3 years. 

You could have had your speakers done in yellow to match...:P

Your selection criteria makes great sense.  It's wonderful that the "business" side (being a reviewer) and the "always wanted them since I was a little audiophile" meet up perfectly.  Aesthetics are so personal.  I love the elf's hat look.  My wife preferred the look of our previous B&W, but said "Of course, it is the sound that matters."  That is pretty amazing given that the listening room is the living room.  

At any rate, have fun!  Congratulations.  

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

53 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Perhaps you'll be finalizing the terms of your trade?

You could have had your speakers done in yellow to match...:P

I had a witty mock remonstration you probably would have enjoyed.  Personally doing a headphone review while suffering this level of anticipation.  It might have been a straw too far.  

Forecast looks clear and dry for the relocation.  Sunshine after rainy days is always a relief.  🔌🔊🏁

14 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

No and no. I cut a large check. 

Thanks for clarifying.  I hope you know I was mostly just kidding Chris.

But honestly, even if you were making some barter arrangements, I would see nothing unethical in that. Trading ad space for discount is not at all the same as trading for a good review. That’s a completely different line which I know you would never cross.

Of course what prompted my speculative comment in the first place is that the largest size ad I’ve even seen on this site just happened to appear the same week as the announcement of your speaker selection. It really begged the question—even if it is none of our business. B|

4 hours ago, Mercman said:

The primary challenge of owning Wilson Alexias is after coming up with the money, is finding a friend that will let you store those crates at his house😀

But if you are really ever down and out, you've got the makings of a 3 room apartment. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

5 hours ago, Superdad said:

But honestly, even if you were making some barter arrangements, I would see nothing unethical in that. Trading ad space for discount is not at all the same as trading for a good review. That’s a completely different line which I know you would never cross.

Of course what prompted my speculative comment in the first place is that the largest size ad I’ve even seen on this site just happened to appear the same week as the announcement of your speaker selection. It really begged the question—even if it is none of our business. B|

We've been in talks with Wilson for over a year about many items. It just so happened that my speakers arrived at the same time as the ad campaign began. With all the little things to iron out, there's no way I could even attempt to time it like this. It just had to happen. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

10 hours ago, Superdad said:

“Mostly just kidding “

I’m surprised at your penned thoughts.  So as a reviewer of anything one should never purchase or own any anything’s?

Quite frankly I would take advantage of an opportunity to own a pair of something’s for less wether a barter or qualifying discount. 

And I feel one could better evaluate electronics in a quality 2 Channel listening room.  

My System TWO SPEAKERS AND A CHAIR