IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

giving 3.5 beta a try

I'm streaming an album from Qobuz,  using a Lumin U1 Mini as endpoint, A+ is set to perform x2 upsampling. all is working great but.... why does Lumin's display say it's getting a WAV (88.2/24 which is correct) stream when file from Qobuz is FLAC? 😶

EDIT: wait... just noticed playing track's number, on Lumin's display, is stuck on 12/13 (track actually playing is #3)

EDIT 2: getting just "white noise" after a few minutes playback (streaming from Qobuz, tried many different albums)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

@pl_svn WAV most probably indicates A+ decodes the FLAC first before sending it to network.  The track indication is a side effect of how Lumin treats non-OpenHome UPnP playback as the last two tracks in an OpenHome playlist, such that Lumin can switch between OpenHome and UPnP operations seamlessly.  The white noise needs some more investigation - please try local files in the HDD in the computer running A+, as I suspect this may be a timing problem.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

6 hours ago, damien78 said:

What folders other than audio files folders do you have at the root of this share?

What kind of data these contain?

None.  It's ONLY audio files; i.e., my iTunes library.

Limiting Roon to displaying only the contents of the iTunes share:

Roon 2019-04-04 11-01-10.png

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

6 hours ago, damien78 said:

No. Can you check the database integrity using the command in the Maintenance section of the preferences page?

Thanks, Damien! My question was preliminary prior to installation in a folder outside the Applications directory. All went well; both Tidal and Qobuz were loaded.

In my opinion some options in the Audirvana Plus/Preferences menu, should be more on top for easy (quick) acces, because some of us use them quite often. In my case for example the iTunes library synchronization option and ReplayGain are often used. How about others?

5 minutes ago, jos said:

In my opinion some options in the Audirvana Plus/Preferences menu, should be more on top for easy (quick) acces, because some of us use them quite often. In my case for example the iTunes library synchronization option and ReplayGain are often used. How about others?

I never use either of those.  😆

Sorry jos, don't mean to suggest your request isn't worthy, just saying the most used options could be very different for different users.  But perhaps many others use the same options you do, so let's see.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I don’t use iTunes also but i calculate DR... for new albums, thought that button shouldn’t  be with dac settings. Can’t use it while music is playing, like in 3.2

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

13 minutes ago, jos said:

Never used these two so far, sorry. And I use A+ daily since version 1.5.

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

26 minutes ago, Jud said:

I never use either of those.  😆

Sorry jos, don't mean to suggest your request isn't worthy, just saying the most used options could be very different for different users.  But perhaps many others use the same options you do, so let's see.

Yes, I know that, Jud, thanks. Also: perhaps iTunes users are in a strong minority now. I also have seen the option to rescan network folders/maps at each start and perhaps I should give this method of working a try.

2 hours ago, wklie said:

The white noise needs some more investigation - please try local files in the HDD in the computer running A+, as I suspect this may be a timing problem.

tried playing a full album, both from my NAS and streaming from Qobuz, without any issue

tomorrow I’ll try again doing as when I first wrote: start playing a full album then switch to another whilst a track was playing

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

On 4/3/2019 at 5:50 PM, stefano_mbp said:

@damien78

2 problems detected:

some of my albums contain more than one composer, in this case I fill the album artist with the name of each track composer

The behavior of A+ 3.2.16 and previous releases was to split the tracks grouping them for each album artist

In A+ 3.4.99 if the album artists in each album are more then two the behavior is the same but if they are just two the whole album is grouped under the last/second album artist

example:

track 1 “Claude Debussy” (composer), “Debussy, Claude” (album artist)

track 2 “Claude Debussy” (composer), “Debussy, Claude” (album artist)

track 3 “Claude Debussy” (composer), “Debussy, Claude” (album artist)

track 4 “Maurice Ravel” (composer), “Ravel, Maurice” (album artist)

In A+ 3.4.99 in this case the whole album is listed under “Ravel, Maurice”

In A+ 3.2.16 tracks 1-3 were listed under “Debussy, Claude” and track 4 under “Ravel, Maurice”

I cannot find a “rule”, it happens that sometimes, using filters, the artwork of some album is the wrong one, clicking on it to open the track list the artwork change to the right one

@damien78

after some troubles, A+ 3.4.99.17 freezed during some test whit filters, I restarted from 0. Deleted db, preferences and application. Then reinstalled 3.4.99.16 and migrated the db, at last updated to 3.4.99.17 and the 2 problems are gone (!!!), I suppose something went wrong during migration.

.... but ... the random crash using filters is still there

Stefano

My audio system

2 hours ago, DancingSea said:

Is it possible to get a 3.5 trial for 2.6.8 users?  Have emailed and PM’d Damien several times, but no response.  Thanks. 

Good question, I am in the same boat. Also interested in 3.5.

On 4/2/2019 at 4:59 PM, damien78 said:

The old iZotope (no update since 2011) algorithm has been deprecated in favour of SoX that gives better sonic results, especially a larger bandwidth.
To ease the transition for current users, I'll add again choice for iZotope in an upcoming beta, but this will be available only for users upgrading from a previously purchased Audirvana Plus version.
If you find SoX to be a bit too bright, you can tune it by first setting its phase setting around 65, and you can also look at decreasing the filter slope by reducing the "bandwidth" (it is exactly the bandwidth at 0dB).

Where are all of the upsampling settings???

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

38 minutes ago, miguelito said:

Where are all of the upsampling settings???

I think this is what you are looking for:

If you are playing, first stop playback. Then click on the little "speaker" icon at the lower right of the player. You will see a window with your various output options. Click on the arrow > next to the output option you want, and you should be able to find the settings there.

Office desktop: iMac ((Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) (4 GHz Intel Core i7) (512GB SSD) (32GB Ram)) => USB (Kimber Kable USB Silver) => V-Link 192 USB Input => V-Link Coax Output (AQ Sidewinder) => Schiit Bifrost Multibit Coax Input => Schiit Bifrost Multibit RCA Output => Schitt Pyst => Schitt Asgard 2 => (Audioquest - Mini-3) => Audioengine HD6 (slave connected with Audioquest Type 4 cable) (Pangea AC-14 Power Cord) (IsoAcoustic L8R155 stands) => Audioquest Sidewinders => Audioengine S8 Subwoofer

Does anyone know how/if one can go back to stable 3.2 from this beta?

In my set up I am limited to firewire output to my Manhattan Dac and I use the software volume control in A+.  Sadly, the new volume control software in 3.5beta causes the tracks to play in a distorted half speed form through my Mytek firewire driver.

I reported all this to Damien a couple of days ago and asked about rolling back, but I appreciate that he is a busy man, so does anyone else know the practicalities of going back to 3.2 (which I still have)?

David

MacMini, Mytek Manhattan I DAC, Avantone The Abbey Monitors, Roon

4 hours ago, church_mouse said:

Does anyone know how/if one can go back to stable 3.2 from this beta?

In my set up I am limited to firewire output to my Manhattan Dac and I use the software volume control in A+.  Sadly, the new volume control software in 3.5beta causes the tracks to play in a distorted half speed form through my Mytek firewire driver.

I reported all this to Damien a couple of days ago and asked about rolling back, but I appreciate that he is a busy man, so does anyone else know the practicalities of going back to 3.2 (which I still have)?

You won't need to, as I've fixed this issue :)

You'll get the fix in beta 18 I'm releasing later today

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

16 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

I don’t use iTunes also but i calculate DR... for new albums, thought that button shouldn’t  be with dac settings. Can’t use it while music is playing, like in 3.2

Just changed for beta 18: you can open the detailed view settings, even when playing.

And on this page, the "ReplayGain analysis" button is active even when playing.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Hi Damien,

Well done for the public Beta release of 3.5.
I had a sudden crash with 3.5.17, emailed you the report.

Great sound as ever and UI looks pretty too! :)

Best.
Mev

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

16 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

@damien78

after some troubles, A+ 3.4.99.17 freezed during some test whit filters, I restarted from 0. Deleted db, preferences and application. Then reinstalled 3.4.99.16 and migrated the db, at last updated to 3.4.99.17 and the 2 problems are gone (!!!), I suppose something went wrong during migration.

.... but ... the random crash using filters is still there

@damien78

... the problem about wrong Album Artist is here again, I added one album and suddenly all the albums with two different Album Artist in the tracks are grouped again under the last one Album Artist (but if I check the tracks with Yate there are still two different Album Artist)

You can find attached the same album as appears in A+ 3.2.16 and A+ 3.4.99.17

debussy-ravel - A+ 3.2.16.jpeg

debussy-ravel.jpeg

Stefano

My audio system

Wen I go to library - > album, and hit the play button on a certain album, the album doesn't start to play, I have to open the album first and then select a song. If an other song is playing in the meanwhile, there will be a pause until you hit the same play button again. In my opinion it's not logical IMHO.