IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

Hello,

Since Damien will start beta semi public (need registration) tomorrow of his 3.5 version, i thought it would be good to have a new thread for it :)

For those enrolled in it, you should start by shutting down your old version of A+ and copy your Software in applications folder,

your preferences of it and your 3.2.x database, just in case you wanted to go back :)

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System... When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there, just do a ''cmd J'' to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom... click Show Library Folder and then you'll have access to the rest forever.

Copy application Audirvana Plus from the Applications folder with ALT key to make a second copy...

It will have a 2 number at the end. Drag it out and save it to a new folder. Now delete the copy in Applications folder you just made. You're back like you were before...

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Applications Support... Audirvana Folder...
Copy the file AudirvanaPlusDatabase.sqlite (that is your database of music) to your new folder with the copy of the software you just made.

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Preferences...
Copy com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences)

again to the new folder you made for backup old 3.2 version.

So now, you have 3 things backed up.... The Application 3.x.x, the database and your preferences.

Now check for update within application menu :)

It will create a new database file with a V2 in the name... the old will still be there, but for myself i remove it just to not have things happen between the two.

you can leave it here if you want, since you have made a backup anyway...

Happy music!

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

6 hours ago, Chiler54 said:

And how does the new Verson sound compared to the old one?

This, can be only answered by you i guess. I was pretty sick this week, might test more this weekend, but at first sight, for answering Damien, i thought the soundstage was more near me and more fuller ambiance... But was it suggestive?

I love the sound of my music with A+, it is not worse from 3.2.x for sure :)

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

beta 4 is out with the database management... was maybe a bit faster defragmenting the database compare to 3.2,

but the size didn't change to lower size, like it was on 3.2.x

Did the 3 steps in management database... Scrolling mouse with 3200 albums is still lagging a bit, but more fluid then b3...

@damien78 won’t answer that anymore or he might be fired from the company 😀

you should see the link here soon i guess

4 hours ago, stewartg said:

Wots it sound like?

I know it’s only a beta testing version but there’s been so much impatience for this and now no comment since Monday.

Are there issues?

Sound was good and still is 😀

issues? Yes bugs to adjust, ee are at beta 6 now

Hello! I am a new member in this great forum and really appreciate the overall kind way of communication and the endless source of knowledge condensing here.

I could not find any information until now, so I ask the experts: Are there special system requirements for Audirvana 3.5, especially concerning OSX-versions? Will Mavericks still be supported? Thanks in advance for every input!

On 3/15/2019 at 6:51 AM, RunHomeSlow said:

Till now the is only SoX filter in the beta6, no izotope, don’t know if it will be in after. For myself i don’t upsample, i keep it simple 😀

Your DAC does (upsample), but that is I suppose simpler than doing it in software and having to make choices about it.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 3/8/2019 at 4:30 PM, RunHomeSlow said:

This, can be only answered by you i guess. I was pretty sick this week, might test more this weekend, but at first sight, for answering Damien, i thought the soundstage was more near me and more fuller ambiance... But was it suggestive?

I love the sound of my music with A+, it is not worse from 3.2.x for sure :)

Yes, I very much like the sound.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 3/15/2019 at 4:28 AM, jorgitok said:

Any chance of including any advice on what converters and filters are recommended? I noted that I am not the only one who is lost in this area. One or two defaults would be appreciated. 

There are default filter settings if you choose to upsample.  What kind of speakers and DAC do you have?

29 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Are you using it with or without the Direct Mode hack?

Streaming, so no Direct Mode (Direct Mode is Damien's custom DAC driver for Mac, and where the two aren't directly connected, the driver isn't used).

1 hour ago, jorgitok said:

Imac with TidalMQA, connected to DAC of Oppo205, connected to Marantz8012 and speakers KefR5

My reading indicates the Oppo supports input rates up to DSD512.  If that's correct, I would try upsampling to DSD256 (maximum available with Apple equipment feeding the DAC), if the iMac can handle it.  If it can, try the B8, B7, or C modulator.  If it can't, upsample to the maximum PCM rate available (I believe 384kHz with the iMac).

For Sox settings, you can see whether adjusting pre-ringing up or down from the default sounds better.  I also personally like to adjust the filter length as short as possible, but you may find it doesn't make a particle of difference.

I'd suggest leaving the other settings at default.

1 hour ago, Jud said:

Streaming, so no Direct Mode (Direct Mode is Damien's custom DAC driver for Mac, and where the two aren't directly connected, the driver isn't used).

Ok...  But.  The Direct Mode was a feature of the Mac OS that Apple stopped implementing that is then reimplemented by replacing a kext file with the kext file from an older version of Mac OS where this was still allowed. All Damien did was take advantage of it. There was a time when many players were.

No electron left behind.