IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

7 hours ago, Joebah said:

I may use A+ different than most folks.

Up until this beta, I would just find the file folder of flacs that I wanted to play and just drag the folder from my external hard drive to the A+ icon in the dock - the flacs in the folder would load automatically and start to play. Simple. (I don't maintain a library on A+ and just drag the folders (or individual flac files) as I need them.)

Opening the play queue (button bottom right of the window), and then drop files/folders directly onto its list works. 
Good point about dropping onto the app icon on the dock. I've added it again, and you will get it with beta 17 that is released later today.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

1 minute ago, damien78 said:

Good point about dropping onto the app icon on the dock. I've added it again, and you will get it with beta 17 that is released later today.

That’s great work Damien! I use AV+ the same way. Any estimate as to final release timeline? And A+ Remote? I’m waiting patiently to upgrade :)

5 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I would still like to be able to sort Qobuz albums alphabetically...

Where?

In Qobuz curated lists, they are delivered directly by Qobuz in their own curated order.

To sort your own playlists, go to the settings page, "sort criteria" section, and enable the "sort my streaming playlists" option

For your favorite albums in qobuz, unfortunately qobuz servers do not offer to retrieve the favorite albums sorted (unlike TIDAL). I'll look for doing it manually in the application in an upcoming release.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

1 minute ago, damien78 said:

Where?

In Qobuz curated lists, they are delivered directly by Qobuz in their own curated order.

To sort your own playlists, go to the settings page, "sort criteria" section, and enable the "sort my streaming playlists" option

For your favorite albums in qobuz, unfortunately qobuz servers do not offer to retrieve the favorite albums sorted (unlike TIDAL). I'll look for doing it manually in the application in an upcoming release.

In my Favorites. It must be possible, ROON has all of them ordered properly. But ROON doesn't sound this good via a direct connection to the DAC from the computer...

No electron left behind.

1 minute ago, gLer said:

That’s great work Damien! I use AV+ the same way. Any estimate as to final release timeline? And A+ Remote? I’m waiting patiently to upgrade :)

Final release should arrive shortly,  and A+ Remote V2 development is ongoing (along with the Android remote)

1 minute ago, AudioDoctor said:

In my Favorites. It must be possible, ROON has all of them ordered properly.

As I said, as qobuz servers are missing this feature, it must be done "manually" by the client application.

BTW, what do you think of having all your favorites, whatever the source (local, streaming) in the same view?

6 minutes ago, damien78 said:

As I said, as qobuz servers are missing this feature, it must be done "manually" by the client application.

BTW, what do you think of having all your favorites, whatever the source (local, streaming) in the same view?

I think it is great, it makes browsing much easier, as well as keeping track of which albums I own and which are streaming so I don't end up buying an album, again.

I am really liking the new A+ though, good work! Sounds great too, as usual.

edit: I just learned I can resize the columns manually and view the PDF in the player! Awesome.

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 1.27.27 AM.png

No electron left behind.

Just now, AudioDoctor said:

I think it is great, it makes browsing much easier, as well as keeping track of which albums I own and which are streaming so I don't end up buying an album, again.

:)

This will then come for 3.5, or shortly after in a 3.5.x

6 minutes ago, stewartg said:

Will 3.5 have the same izotope AND sox filters as 3?

I hope so.

Thanks S

The old iZotope (no update since 2011) algorithm has been deprecated in favour of SoX that gives better sonic results, especially a larger bandwidth.
To ease the transition for current users, I'll add again choice for iZotope in an upcoming beta, but this will be available only for users upgrading from a previously purchased Audirvana Plus version.
If you find SoX to be a bit too bright, you can tune it by first setting its phase setting around 65, and you can also look at decreasing the filter slope by reducing the "bandwidth" (it is exactly the bandwidth at 0dB).

@damien78 Great work! First impressions are:

- wonderful UI, now very close to Remote app

- too early for a solid sound impression, but there is more “air” ... great!

something to be addressed

- using filters on the right sometimes A+ crash ... it happens randomly 

- smart playlists are now missing the option to group some criteria, previously available with Alt key

- it seems that the search results are limited to tracks, albums, artists, composers ... no more all fields as before (“ensemble” for example)

and last but not least ... why not add the year tag in the filters?

Stefano

My audio system

2 hours ago, harry.bennett.3994 said:

Is remote app not working as yet?

Current A+ Remote is working with the 3.5 beta.

Do you have any issue?

55 minutes ago, jorgitok said:

Would the new version identify the Tidal "Masters" in the My Music List?

image.thumb.png.1339b39e5b9f40c5e114033481fce0c3.png

2 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

@damien78 Great work! First impressions are:

- wonderful UI, now very close to Remote app

- too early for a solid sound impression, but there is more “air” ... great!

something to be addressed

- using filters on the right sometimes A+ crash ... it happens randomly 

- smart playlists are now missing the option to group some criteria, previously available with Alt key

- it seems that the search results are limited to tracks, albums, artists, composers ... no more all fields as before (“ensemble” for example)

and last but not least ... why not add the year tag in the filters?

Thanks, and it is not just an impression :)

Filters: can you send me by PM the crash report? And if possible the steps to reproduce it?

Group in smart playlists: can you elaborate?

Search results: ensemble results are in the artists category, as before. What's new is when browsing the artists in your library, you can filter to view only the album artists, performers, ensembles, composers

Good point for Year.

It is now a criteria for filters. You'll get it with beta 17 released later today

Hi Damien, thanks for the great work! 

- Would it be possible to organize Qobuz favorites in folders? Alphabetical listing discussed above would also be useful.

- In the previous A+ version,  keeping upsampling off I could tell the difference between Izotope and Sox, they just sound different. When comparing version 3.5 (Sox, upsampling off) with previous version (Izotope, upsampling off) I hear strong differences. Why is that? It seems that even if the filter is not doing any upsempling  it still influences sound.

I'd like to tweek the sound in version 3.5 but keeping upsampling off (Chords Hugo 2 does a better job to my hears). Any suggestion?

Damien - 

Enjoying the latest release of 3.5, but I have an ongoing problem with one of my "watched folders".

Setup is four watched folders (one for DSD, one for multichannel, one for MQA, and one for "everything else").  The three smaller folders hold about ~300 albums / 4,000 tracks, collectively, and Audirvana is able to scan and load all three of them within about a minute after startup, but the larger folder (6,500+ albums and 110,000+ tracks) starts to scan and almost immediately "completes" without loading ANY albums.

All four of the folders are shared from my Mac Mini (i.e., in the same location on the network from Audirvana), and both iTunes and Roon read and load the large directly just fine, so I'm suspecting it may be a size (i.e., number of subdirectories, number of tracks) issue with Audirvana.

Any add'l information I can provide to troubleshoot?

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

5 hours ago, damien78 said:

If you find SoX to be a bit too bright, you can tune it by first setting its phase setting around 65, and you can also look at decreasing the filter slope by reducing the "bandwidth" (it is exactly the bandwidth at 0dB).

Nevermind... I found the location for the settings... click the little speaker icon, and then you have to scroll down in the window that opens.

Office desktop: iMac ((Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) (4 GHz Intel Core i7) (512GB SSD) (32GB Ram)) => USB (Kimber Kable USB Silver) => V-Link 192 USB Input => V-Link Coax Output (AQ Sidewinder) => Schiit Bifrost Multibit Coax Input => Schiit Bifrost Multibit RCA Output => Schitt Pyst => Schitt Asgard 2 => (Audioquest - Mini-3) => Audioengine HD6 (slave connected with Audioquest Type 4 cable) (Pangea AC-14 Power Cord) (IsoAcoustic L8R155 stands) => Audioquest Sidewinders => Audioengine S8 Subwoofer

1 hour ago, damien78 said:

Thanks, and it is not just an impression :)

Filters: can you send me by PM the crash report? And if possible the steps to reproduce it?

Group in smart playlists: can you elaborate?

Search results: ensemble results are in the artists category, as before. What's new is when browsing the artists in your library, you can filter to view only the album artists, performers, ensembles, composers

Good point for Year.

It is now a criteria for filters. You'll get it with beta 17 released later today

@damien78

attached you can find

- an example of playlist configuration from A+ 3.2.16 (smart playlist.jpg)

- the crash report from macOS (audirvana crash.rtf.zip)

- the debug info from A+ 3.4.99 (debug info.rtf.zip)

You are right about search result. I use Yate to fill metadata and I fill the ensemble field with Minnesota Orchestra, for instance. As you are explaining up to .... sometime (I never noticed when) the ensemble value was written in the artist field too (and then searchable) but from sometime it is not written anymore in the artist field. I can see it in the artist list but not in the search results.

to better explain see the attached files:

ensemble.zip containing

- ensemble 3.4.99.jpeg

- ensemble 3.2.16.jpeg

- ensemble Yate.jpeg

smart playlist.jpg

audirvana crash.rtf.zip debug info.rtf.zip ensemble.zip

Stefano

My audio system

1 minute ago, stefano_mbp said:

@damien78

attached you can find

- an example of playlist configuration from A+ 3.2.16 (smart playlist.jpg)

- the crash report from macOS (audirvana crash.rtf.zip)

- the debug info from A+ 3.4.99 (debug info.rtf.zip)

You are right about search result. I use Yate to fill metadata and I fill the ensemble field with Minnesota Orchestra, for instance. As you are explaining up to .... sometime (I never noticed when) the ensemble value was written in the artist field too (and then searchable) but from sometime it is not written anymore in the artist field. I can see it in the artist list but not in the search results.

to better explain see the attached files:

ensemble.zip containing

- ensemble 3.4.99.jpeg

- ensemble 3.2.16.jpeg

- ensemble Yate.jpeg

smart playlist.jpg

audirvana crash.rtf.zip 23.66 kB · 0 downloads debug info.rtf.zip 2.51 kB · 0 downloads ensemble.zip 94.25 kB · 0 downloads

... about the crash: I selected a Conductor then erased the filter selecting All Conductors ... crash

Stefano

My audio system

1 hour ago, jhwalker said:

Damien - 

Enjoying the latest release of 3.5, but I have an ongoing problem with one of my "watched folders".

Setup is four watched folders (one for DSD, one for multichannel, one for MQA, and one for "everything else").  The three smaller folders hold about ~300 albums / 4,000 tracks, collectively, and Audirvana is able to scan and load all three of them within about a minute after startup, but the larger folder (6,500+ albums and 110,000+ tracks) starts to scan and almost immediately "completes" without loading ANY albums.

All four of the folders are shared from my Mac Mini (i.e., in the same location on the network from Audirvana), and both iTunes and Roon read and load the large directly just fine, so I'm suspecting it may be a size (i.e., number of subdirectories, number of tracks) issue with Audirvana.

Any add'l information I can provide to troubleshoot?

Can you run the database integrity check (command in the maintenance section of the settings page)?

Size is not an issue, having customers very happy with 350,000+ tracks

6 minutes ago, jos said:

Thanks Damien,

Looks great and works flawless, Damien.

One question remains: is there still ReplayGain, and if so, where can I find it?

Thanks again for this great work!

In the audio settings page: click on the loudspeaker icon bottom right, and then on the arrow right of the selected audio device.

On this page you'll find the DSP processing stages in order they are applied:

1. Effects

2. Upsampling

3. Volume control, with ReplayGain

28 minutes ago, damien78 said:

In the audio settings page: click on the loudspeaker icon bottom right, and then on the arrow right of the selected audio device.

On this page you'll find the DSP processing stages in order they are applied:

1. Effects

2. Upsampling

3. Volume control, with ReplayGain

Thanks, Damien! I never thought I would like the dark mode, but I love this one, because it isn't so dark 👍