IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

Audirvana+ is not always playing the song I select, but another song in my library. Most times it goes well, but sometimes not. I used to play my songs randomly automatically, so not a real problem for me. I have had this problem before, so it still exist in the new version.

36 minutes ago, jos said:

Sometimes I see the old Audirvana+ interface pop-up. In my opinion it is reducing the beauty of the new interface. I assume it will take some time afterwards to correct this.

Where do you see it?

If you activate the iTunes integrated mode, it is normal. Otherwise this means you are running the 3.2

Regarding your playback issues, to which audio device are you playing?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

50 minutes ago, jos said:

In my opinion, ReplayGain is still very very slow, and because of that not very useful. It is possible that my system is too slow, but I don't think so.

What do you mean by slow ?

If it is about the ReplayGain computation for albums missing this information, this means to read and a decode the whole audio files of the album to analyse their loudness and dynamics.

It takes about 10-15 seconds per album here.

And once this is done, the dynamics values are stored in the audio files metadata, so this computation does not need to be done anymore.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

1 hour ago, jos said:

Audirvana+ is not always playing the song I select, but another song in my library. Most times it goes well, but sometimes not. I used to play my songs randomly automatically, so not a real problem for me. I have had this problem before, so it still exist in the new version.

I don't know whether you're speaking of selecting the song on the computer or with the remote, but with the remote on an iPhone I do notice this occasionally (for example, select the first song on an album and the second starts playing).

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Looks like album with separate songs and still have the cue sheet inside the folder ?

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

15 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Looks like album with separate songs and still have the cue sheet inside the folder ?

Don't know if you're referring to a different track playing than selected with the remote, but this happens with Qobuz. (I don't remember if it is on local tracks, too - @jos, what is the situation for you? Remote or using the computer also? Local tracks?)

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

A+ had some difficulties in the past not playing the first song when there was a cue sheet still in the folder with the separared tracks, that was just a comment from the guy (jos) you answered first 😀. I have no experience with streaming...

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

1 minute ago, Andrey said:

Damien, how to return in a version 3.2.16 a light background on Mojave?

Preferences panel... light or blue...

1 hour ago, damien78 said:

Where do you see it?

If you activate the iTunes integrated mode, it is normal. Otherwise this means you are running the 3.2

Regarding your playback issues, to which audio device are you playing?

In the Preferences... menu. My device/bridge is the ultrarendu connected to Chord Qutest DAC, and I'm not using the iTunes Integrated mode. I'm running:  'Audirvana Plus Mac Version 3.4.99.17 (3524)'.

41 minutes ago, Jud said:

I don't know whether you're speaking of selecting the song on the computer or with the remote, but with the remote on an iPhone I do notice this occasionally (for example, select the first song on an album and the second starts playing).

Today on my computer, but I have had this also on my iPad Mini. But not your experience.

1 hour ago, damien78 said:

What do you mean by slow ?

If it is about the ReplayGain computation for albums missing this information, this means to read and a decode the whole audio files of the album to analyse their loudness and dynamics.

It takes about 10-15 seconds per album here.

And once this is done, the dynamics values are stored in the audio files metadata, so this computation does not need to be done anymore.

Damien, I have to look into this problem again. I just took a CD and that was going fine, but a big 192/24 album is still working after 30 minutes or so. So, perhaps it is because of some files that ar not working with ReplayGain.

5 minutes ago, jos said:

Damien, I have to look into this problem again. I just took a CD and that was going fine, but a big 192/24 album is still working after 30 minutes or so. So, perhaps it is because of some files that ar not working with ReplayGain.

Damien, In addition: I am quite sure one album is the problem right now. It's the first one in the range. I have had to force Audirvana to quit to stop the 'Analyze Albums Audio Dynamics' process. Other selected albums are working fine right now. I guess we can close this problem for now. Thanks for your attention!

1 hour ago, Jud said:

Don't know if you're referring to a different track playing than selected with the remote, but this happens with Qobuz. (I don't remember if it is on local tracks, too - @jos, what is the situation for you? Remote or using the computer also? Local tracks?)

I am not streaming from Qobuz or so, just files from my NAS.

2 hours ago, damien78 said:

And I've just released beta 18 with the aforementioned fixes.

The update is working fine in my case, thanks. But I still think ReplayGain should be more on top in the menu bar, like it was before, or much better: make it automatic for new albums.

9 hours ago, stewartg said:

I’ve been trying sox filter settings again as I think we may be about to lose izotope when 3.5 is officially launched and I’ve once again come to the conclusion that I prefer the izotope filters

i don’t want to be without izotope in 3.5 please don’t remove this option

thanks S

I will support the request.
If nothing has changed in the SoX filters, then iZotope sounds more voluminous and cleaner.

MacMini 2018 - Lynx Hilo LT-TB (TeddyPardo PSU) - Unison Research SH - Sennheiser HD800

Anyone experimenting with the SOX setting in 3.5? Kinda feel lost without my old iZotope filters...

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

3 hours ago, rruffin said:

Anyone experimenting with the SOX setting in 3.5? Kinda feel lost without my old iZotope filters...

Someone on the Audirvana FB page is very happy with these settings:

Bandwidth 94,5%

Max. length 24000

Anti aliasing 100%

Filter phase 75

BTW, the feedback on the Audirvana FB page regarding SoX sound quality seems to be much more positive than here.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

29 minutes ago, matthias said:

BTW, the feedback on the Audirvana FB page regarding SoX sound quality seems to be much more positive than here.

When you train yourself listening to something for years, then something else that sounds different may sound wrong.  Just raising that as a possibility.

24 minutes ago, Jud said:

When you train yourself listening to something for years, then something else that sounds different may sound wrong.  Just raising that as a possibility.

Agree,

maybe there is just a little bit time and fine tuning needed to get even better results with SoX than izotope.

IMO, the four SoX settings make more sense than the five izotope settings.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)