IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

53 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

... about the crash: I selected a Conductor then erased the filter selecting All Conductors ... crash

Thanks. Stil trying to reproduce it...

Did you have only one filter: Conductor?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

@damien78Just installed 3.4.99.16. on MacMini2018 10.14.3.

Conversion of database done, old preferences active. After a few clicks no tracks visible anymore, every button inactive, no change of preferences possible. Debug info a white sheet. A+window empty and frozen. No crash report available.

This happened a few times.

What can I do?

Edit: Could fix it with a new installation and no 3.2 preference file.

Edit2: after a few minutes playing with A+ (track list view) the same happens: tracks vanished and A+window is frozen

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

2 hours ago, BPED said:

Edit 1

Hi Damien, thanks for the great work! 

- Would it be possible to organize Qobuz favorites in folders ? Alphabetical listing discussed above and search function would also be useful.

- In the previous A 3.2 version,  keeping upsampling off I could tell the difference between Izotope and Sox, they just sound different. When comparing version 3.5 (Sox, upsampling off) with previous version (Izotope, upsampling off) I hear strong differences. Why is that? It seems that even if the filter is not doing any upsampling  it still influences sound.

I'd like to tweak the sound in version 3.5 (less ringing and booming) but keeping upsampling off (upsampling does not improve sound over my Chords Hugo 2). Is that possible?

@damien78

2 problems detected:

some of my albums contain more than one composer, in this case I fill the album artist with the name of each track composer

The behavior of A+ 3.2.16 and previous releases was to split the tracks grouping them for each album artist

In A+ 3.4.99 if the album artists in each album are more then two the behavior is the same but if they are just two the whole album is grouped under the last/second album artist

example:

track 1 “Claude Debussy” (composer), “Debussy, Claude” (album artist)

track 2 “Claude Debussy” (composer), “Debussy, Claude” (album artist)

track 3 “Claude Debussy” (composer), “Debussy, Claude” (album artist)

track 4 “Maurice Ravel” (composer), “Ravel, Maurice” (album artist)

In A+ 3.4.99 in this case the whole album is listed under “Ravel, Maurice”

In A+ 3.2.16 tracks 1-3 were listed under “Debussy, Claude” and track 4 under “Ravel, Maurice”

I cannot find a “rule”, it happens that sometimes, using filters, the artwork of some album is the wrong one, clicking on it to open the track list the artwork change to the right one

Stefano

My audio system

2 hours ago, Nico said:

@damien78Just installed 3.4.99.16. on MacMini2018 10.14.3.

Conversion of database done, old preferences active. After a few clicks no tracks visible anymore, every button inactive, no change of preferences possible. Debug info a white sheet. A+window empty and frozen. No crash report available.

This happened a few times.

What can I do?

Edit: Could fix it with a new installation and no 3.2 preference file.

Edit2: after a few minutes playing with A+ (track list view) the same happens: tracks vanished and A+window is frozen

This indeed looks like an installation issue.

After you have deleted the preferences file, have you rebooted? Some part is cached, and rebooting is the way to ensure the file deletion is really taken into account.

BTW, you'll want to update to 10.14.4 as this Mojave update includes fixes for USB audio.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

1 hour ago, stefano_mbp said:

Yes, only one filter ... as I told before is unfortunately random

Ok, I've still not reproduced this issue, but found a place to strengthen the filters reload. You'll tell me if this change in beta 17 (released in about an hour) fixes it.

1 hour ago, stefano_mbp said:

@damien78

2 problems detected:

some of my albums contain more than one composer, in this case I fill the album artist with the name of each track composer

The behavior of A+ 3.2.16 and previous releases was to split the tracks grouping them for each album artist

In A+ 3.4.99 if the album artists in each album are more then two the behavior is the same but if they are just two the whole album is grouped under the last/second album artist

example:

track 1 “Claude Debussy” (composer), “Debussy, Claude” (album artist)

track 2 “Claude Debussy” (composer), “Debussy, Claude” (album artist)

track 3 “Claude Debussy” (composer), “Debussy, Claude” (album artist)

track 4 “Maurice Ravel” (composer), “Ravel, Maurice” (album artist)

In A+ 3.4.99 in this case the whole album is listed under “Ravel, Maurice”

In A+ 3.2.16 tracks 1-3 were listed under “Debussy, Claude” and track 4 under “Ravel, Maurice”

I cannot find a “rule”, it happens that sometimes, using filters, the artwork of some album is the wrong one, clicking on it to open the track list the artwork change to the right one

Do you have the "Group by first sort criteria" selected in the album sort criteria (in sort criteria section of preferences) ?

Can you also check the database integrity (command in the Maintenance section of preferences)?

43 minutes ago, elcorso said:

Hi Damien,

I got this screen every time I try to download the 3.5 Beta:

Long time 3.xxx user and License Key is from the original 'avangate" email from October 9, 2017.

order 64204443.

Best, 

Roch

Hi Roch,

just sent you a PM

3 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

You are right about search result. I use Yate to fill metadata and I fill the ensemble field with Minnesota Orchestra, for instance. As you are explaining up to .... sometime (I never noticed when) the ensemble value was written in the artist field too (and then searchable) but from sometime it is not written anymore in the artist field. I can see it in the artist list but not in the search results.

to better explain see the attached files:

ensemble.zip containing

- ensemble 3.4.99.jpeg

- ensemble 3.2.16.jpeg

- ensemble Yate.jpeg

smart playlist.jpg

You are showing me a feature I didn't know exist in the macOS predicate editor. I don't know if there are many other users who are as proficient as you are with it!

So this multi-level smart playlist criteria is not implemented in 3.5. But I think you can achieve this using a combo of smart playlist criteria + filters for the orchestras selection

Just released beta 17 with the aforementioned fixes

You can use the "Check for Updates..." command of the Audirvana Plus menu to get it.

2 hours ago, damien78 said:

Just released beta 17 with the aforementioned fixes

You can use the "Check for Updates..." command of the Audirvana Plus menu to get it.

I made fresh installations from scratch 7 times now (preferences and database removed from harddisk and restart Mac). Version 3.4.99.17.

Then after a while of using A+ the window gets frozen again. E.G. after adding a track to the play queue. Afterwards I don't find a way to resolve except with beginning from scratch again because a restart of A+ shows an empty and frozen window again :-(

BTW: I use A+ only in track list view. No iTunes integration.

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

11 hours ago, damien78 said:

Can you run the database integrity check (command in the maintenance section of the settings page)?

Size is not an issue, having customers very happy with 350,000+ tracks

I've actually deleted and recreated the database several times.  But I went ahead and tried it again - no go.

But I think I've figured out what is going on.  My iTunes library (the "everything else" shared folder) is the ROOT of the "iTunes" share from the Mac Mini.  If I navigate just one level down (e.g., to a subfolder like "ABBA" in the artist hierarchy), Audirvana easily reads the six albums stored beneath.

So perhaps your code does not allow scanning from the ROOT of a share instead of at least one level down? 

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

1 hour ago, harry.bennett.3994 said:

Still have an issue with the remote app not connecting with V3.5, works fine with V3. Maybe a file location issue, they are in seperate folders?

What is the exact issue?

Not seeing the Mac from the remote?

Needing to enter the pairing code each time? If yes, then deleting the preferences file should help

11 hours ago, phosphorein said:

Does one need to re-enter one's credentials for streaming services and audio settings etc. after installation of the 3.5 beta?

No. Can you check the database integrity using the command in the Maintenance section of the preferences page?

8 hours ago, jhwalker said:

I've actually deleted and recreated the database several times.  But I went ahead and tried it again - no go.

But I think I've figured out what is going on.  My iTunes library (the "everything else" shared folder) is the ROOT of the "iTunes" share from the Mac Mini.  If I navigate just one level down (e.g., to a subfolder like "ABBA" in the artist hierarchy), Audirvana easily reads the six albums stored beneath.

So perhaps your code does not allow scanning from the ROOT of a share instead of at least one level down? 

What folders other than audio files folders do you have at the root of this share?

What kind of data these contain?

22 minutes ago, damien78 said:

What is the exact issue?

Not seeing the Mac from the remote?

Needing to enter the pairing code each time? If yes, then deleting the preferences file should help

When the beta V3.5 version is open on my Mac mini the iPad remote says it is trying to connect but does not, if I close V3.5 and open V3 on the Mac then open the remote app it connects instantly.

43 minutes ago, harry.bennett.3994 said:

When the beta V3.5 version is open on my Mac mini the iPad remote says it is trying to connect but does not, if I close V3.5 and open V3 on the Mac then open the remote app it connects instantly.

Ok, so can delete the Audirvana preferences file, reboot, and try again