IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

19 hours ago, damien78 said:

Could you elaborate on the issues you're having?

For example:

In the Albums screen: play next, add to play queue, add to playlist are not working.

In the tracks screen it is good.

When I add new albums, after a while Start synching and nothing happens.

in the old version this was ready in a few minutes.

I use update 18 and made a real fresh database.

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg

1 hour ago, damien78 said:

That's correct, 3.5 now takes the folder into account when grouping tracks into albums.

This fixes the issue of the "Greatest Hits" and other albums with same title, and same album artist, or none that were wrongly merged.

When album artist is missing from the album tracks, the one that is common to 3/4th of the album tracks is picked as album artist.

@damien78

thank you for making this clear ... then "some" work to do to modify album folders according to Album Artist ... it's a hobby ... 

other problems

1) still crashing when selecting some filters

- I selected one Genre, then one Composer ... crash, reopened A+ and selected one more Composer, ok, deselected one of the   Composers ... crash

2) Smart playlists: I can enter a new smart playlist, it works, but if I try to change it no criteria is displayed (see the attached image)

change Smart playlist.jpeg

Stefano

My audio system

1 hour ago, damien78 said:

Thanks!

Search for tracks was looking in too many fields, including artist, and album, returning unwished results like all the tracks of an album with the keyword in its title, requesting the user to scroll down the list of results to get what he was looking for. Where the album and artists results are clearly visible in their own category.

To get all the artist tracks, I'd suggest to use the Filters feature, with Artist as filter.

Great, thanks for the response Damien....keep on with the excellent work 🙂

using the new blue colour scheme, playlist's name editing is... a blind task 😶

oh, and.. 3.5 can't import playlists that contain special (accented) character(s) in their name

Edit_playlists.jpg

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

3 hours ago, damien78 said:

Do you have shuffle playback engaged? This would explain why you don't get the first track to play when you click on the play button over the album vignette, but a random track of the album

Done, but still the same, doesn't play at all.

About ReplayGain: I noticed this functionality is working as Damien described before in this thread, but not good enough. If there is an album not suitable to work with this functionality, the system stops on this particular album. It doesn't skip the album, it is 'hanging' and there is no progress anymore. This is quite tiresome, because I have the check it often and then I have to reboot Audirvana+ by forcing a stop. Don't misunderstood, I love Audirvana Plus as my favorite player! 🙏 I believe the sound is even better than before. 😀

1 hour ago, jos said:

About ReplayGain: I noticed this functionality is working as Damien described before in this thread, but not good enough. If there is an album not suitable to work with this functionality, the system stops on this particular album. It doesn't skip the album, it is 'hanging' and there is no progress anymore. This is quite tiresome, because I have the check it often and then I have to reboot Audirvana+ by forcing a stop. Don't misunderstood, I love Audirvana Plus as my favorite player! 🙏 I believe the sound is even better than before. 😀

Could you send me such troublesome/damaged album so I can see what happens and make it skipped ?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

5 hours ago, Uni said:

@damien78

Seems my report was overlooked.  I quote here again.

Which audio unit are you trying to use? In offline, or realtime setup mode?

Do you have a stereo, or multichannel audio device? If multichannel, are the audio units multichannel capable?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

6 hours ago, pl_svn said:

oh, and.. 3.5 can't import playlists that contain special (accented) character(s) in their name

Edit_playlists.jpg

Could send me a playlist with such characters so I could reproduce your issue?

58 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Could send me a playlist with such characters so I could reproduce your issue?

here it is, Damien

zz Facce sognà!.m3u8

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

7 hours ago, pl_svn said:

Edit_playlists.jpg

Thanks for this report. I've fixed it in beta 19 I'm about to release

11 hours ago, damien78 said:

That's correct, 3.5 now takes the folder into account when grouping tracks into albums.

This fixes the issue of the "Greatest Hits" and other albums with same title, and same album artist, or none that were wrongly merged.

When album artist is missing from the album tracks, the one that is common to 3/4th of the album tracks is picked as album artist.

Damien, is there an option to deactivate the folder structure reading? I had to reconstruct my music hard disk the other day which means that albums are now occasionally spread over several folders. 

My album artists tags are well maintained, that’s all I need. 

1 minute ago, Musicophile said:

Damien, is there an option to deactivate the folder structure reading? I had to reconstruct my music hard disk the other day which means that albums are now occasionally spread over several folders. 

My album artists tags are well maintained, that’s all I need. 

This is not planned. Though what kind albums do you have spread over several folders?

Are albums with multiple discs? If yes, then what is the naming folders scheme of such album?

Audirvana recognises folders whose name ends with cd, disk, disc, disque, part, vol., or volume followed by numbers, enclosed in brackets or parentheses, to be folders corresponding of discs of a single album, and thus merges them in a single album.

1 minute ago, damien78 said:

This is not planned. Though what kind albums do you have spread over several folders?

Are albums with multiple discs? If yes, then what is the naming folders scheme of such album?

Audirvana recognises folders whose name ends with cd, disk, disc, disque, part, vol., or volume followed by numbers, enclosed in brackets or parentheses, to be folders corresponding of discs of a single album, and thus merges them in a single album.

Many of them. This is due to how the disc recovery program placed them into folders after my hard drive crash (with backup issues) a bit all over the place. It would mean literally hundreds of manual copies if I had to rectify that myself. 

2 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

Many of them. This is due to how the disc recovery program placed them into folders after my hard drive crash (with backup issues) a bit all over the place. It would mean literally hundreds of manual copies if I had to rectify that myself. 

You don't have to do this manually.

There must be tag editor programs like Yate than can do this folder renaming for you.

Damien. Would be possible in the new A+ version include some guidelines or defaults for the Converters and Parameters, specially considering that both will be available? I know that every audio system is different and they just be adjusted accordingly, but for people like me, a low level aficionado, is impossible without a base-line to play/adjust with the innumerable options available. 

4 hours ago, Musicophile said:

Wow.  What was the name of the disc recovery program?  Sounds like one to avoid.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

Wanted to put back Izotope settings, but all seems to work but it doesn't play anything...

The bar doesn't advance. The song is bold, the cover seems like it will play but no sound no progress bar...

if i go to settings for DAC, all is greyed out, like when it is playing but still no movement or sound...

same after A+ restart and Mac restart... choose SoX all is Ok, back to Izotope no movement, stop upsampling, all is good there too...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13