IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

Hi, I downloaded the 3.5 public beta. 

In the past I was able to pause and play using my harmony remote control. I believe it connect to my mac via bluetooth. My remote does not work with the 3.5 public beta. Any suggestions or is this a feature that has now been turned off? 

Thanks

Hi,

Massive fan of this software, been using for years so I've been taking at look at 3.5

Couple of quick things I've noticed (re usability)

1) When it is in "Artwork" window mode it doesn't display the artist name, just the track name which is a bit inconvenient if you are playing a compilation album and you look to see who is playing...

2) I used to like to play all the tracks by a certain artist, the way I would do this is to search my Library by Artist, select tracks and then play from the first track onwards (shuffle as well). In the latest version I can find no way of doing this, if I search by artist it only shows tracks with that artist name in the title! and if I select Albums I get all their albums but there's no way to play all of them shuffled up...does that make sense?

Anyway, I appreciate all your work on this wonderful piece of Software....Thanks,

Mark

On 4/5/2019 at 2:36 PM, stefano_mbp said:

@damien78

... the problem about wrong Album Artist is here again, I added one album and suddenly all the albums with two different Album Artist in the tracks are grouped again under the last one Album Artist (but if I check the tracks with Yate there are still two different Album Artist)

You can find attached the same album as appears in A+ 3.2.16 and A+ 3.4.99.17

debussy-ravel - A+ 3.2.16.jpeg

debussy-ravel.jpeg

@damien78

... I did some tests:

if all tracks with different Album Artist are in the same folder then the last Album Artist is used to group the album (the one of the last track)

if I split the tracks in two different folders, one for each Album Artist, then two different Album Artists are displayed under the right Album Artist group and the two albums, if I check metadata in A+, have each one the right Album Artist displayed

Stefano

My audio system

@damien78 thank you for access to the Beta.  Unfortunately, I still have the issue on my primary setup in which I have several days worth of duplicate tracks.  Would it be feasible to either expand the contents of the Audio File Locatin field to include the same level displayed under the Location field under Metadata or even have this Location field available as an option?  If this was available I would be able to ideally sort by this field using the /Volumes level and quickly isolate these dupes.  

My my drive is a locally connected drive - Thunderbolt.  Taking a closer look at some of these files as I write this this additional feature would clear-up some but not all of them.  It is getting a wee bit more complicated since I re-enabled.  Check for dupe option??

As mentioned before, I make use of my Playlists as my primary source for the Play Queue.  It would be nice to clean-up the library though. 

Lastly, any possibilities of implementing some form of album mixing??  If not within the player using the remote?

6 hours ago, Serpieri said:

@damien78 thank you for access to the Beta.  Unfortunately, I still have the issue on my primary setup in which I have several days worth of duplicate tracks.

Just installed the public beta and my tracks are ALL duplicated. Any clue of what could be causing this? Didn't have this issue with any of the previous versions...

A suggestion/request would be to be able to have, under the "artists" view mode, the albums organized following the same structure that has been chosen for the "albums" view mode (like year, album name, etc.).

thanks,

Mario

22 hours ago, Jud said:

I have bandwidth at max (99.5%).  If you want something more like an apodizing filter, you can reduce the bandwidth.

I reduce the filter max length to minimum (100) to reduce ringing.  I have no idea if this setting is very effective in reducing ringing at all, and some people like long filters.

I have anti-aliasing at 100%, a complete reversal from settings I used years ago that had a very gentle cutoff and allowed some aliasing.  This seems to me to make for a quieter background, but that could easily be my imagination.

I have filter phase set to 100 (linear), because linear phase is what my speakers' imaging is built around.  If you don't have my speakers (Vandersteen), feel free to experiment.

So - that's what I have, but there's no assurance these are particularly good settings, especially in someone else's system.

Thanks, Jud. I have been using your Jud 2 (great ensemble clarity) and Jud 3 (great soundstage fuller sound) izotope settings for the last year or two. Played around with SoX when first introduced in Audirvana, but could never find anything with as fun imaging. Damien said that the izotope filters would eventually be available in 3.5 for the old heads, so will be able to compare then. Thanks to you and Matthias for your suggestions. 

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

Downloaded and installed this today but it won't open. Click on the desktop icon, the little loading circle is there for a second and then nothing. Similar happened with HQplayer recently and I can't get it working either though anything else I download to test is fine.

Running on a Windows 8.1 PC. 

Any help appreciated

Peach Audio Iso Transformer, Linn Akurate DSM, McIntosh MA2275 

Paradigm 30th Anniversary Tributes, SVS SB13 Ultra x2, Dynaudio BM5A MKII

1 hour ago, bunno77 said:

Downloaded and installed this today but it won't open. Click on the desktop icon, the little loading circle is there for a second and then nothing. Similar happened with HQplayer recently and I can't get it working either though anything else I download to test is fine.

Running on a Windows 8.1 PC. 

Any help appreciated

Only for Windows 10 :( 
Apple products and software just never suit

Peach Audio Iso Transformer, Linn Akurate DSM, McIntosh MA2275 

Paradigm 30th Anniversary Tributes, SVS SB13 Ultra x2, Dynaudio BM5A MKII

The Mac beta version cosmetic is fabulous, but further he is not stable at the moment.
Problems with indexing the files. Playing albums didn't work. Only tracks is possible.
Waiting for a new update soon.

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg

A+ (not just 3.5b: "official" 3.2.x version too) splits these 8 tracks (out of 197) into a separate album 😕

as you can see in a couple other screenshots all 197 tracks are in the very same folder and have the very same album title and album artist

tried starting with a fresh A+ install (deleting database, preferences, caches and all A+ related files) then re-adding library paths to no avail 😶

Screenshot 2019-04-07 at 10.47.50.png

Screenshot 2019-04-07 at 10.46.09.png

Screenshot 2019-04-07 at 10.46.58.png

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

5 hours ago, rruffin said:

Thanks, Jud. I have been using your Jud 2 (great ensemble clarity) and Jud 3 (great soundstage fuller sound) izotope settings for the last year or two. Played around with SoX when first introduced in Audirvana, but could never find anything with as fun imaging. Damien said that the izotope filters would eventually be available in 3.5 for the old heads, so will be able to compare then. Thanks to you and Matthias for your suggestions. 

Please, would you repeat the Jud3 set up values, thanks

4 hours ago, Marten said:

The Mac beta version cosmetic is fabulous, but further he is not stable at the moment.
Problems with indexing the files. Playing albums didn't work. Only tracks is possible.
Waiting for a new update soon.

Could you elaborate on the issues you're having?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

2 hours ago, jorgitok said:

Please, would you repeat the Jud3 set up values, thanks

Sure.

Jud 3

(great soundstage fuller sound)

Steepness 150

Filter Max Length 500,000

Cutoff Freq. 1.00

Anti-Aliasing 200

Pre-Ringing 0.75

(Forced Upsampling Power of 2)

and for completeness

Jud 2 (and SuperDad)

(great ensemble clarity)

(Power of 2)

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

I personally always have my pre-ringing set to 1.00 (linear phase) in either iZotope or SoX because I think this works better with Vandersteen speakers, but if you have other speakers then try and see what you like.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

4 hours ago, damien78 said:

Could you elaborate on the issues you're having?

I guess it is the same problem I reported before.. If you click on the play button of an album, it is not starting to play the first song. You have to open the album first and then select a song.

Just now, jos said:

I guess it is the same problem I reported before.. If you click on the play button of an album, it is not starting to play the first song. You have to open the album first and then select a song.

Btw...it is not a fault, but it is not what you expect.

Running ver. 3.4.99.18 (3525) Mohave Macbook. At shutdown, this ver hangs the Macbook. Have to hold the power button to power off then repower. Im sure this will be addressed in a later update. I f a log is needed, happy to send one, If possible.

greyscale

Marantz 6007, PSB Image B6 & B5, Synology 216+, 2010 Macbook Pro

Audirvana 3.03, JRiver.

Just got on the beta.  I am kind of liking that we only have Sox available as I never understood the difference from Izotope and I love when the decision is made for me.  But in all seriousness if it has not been developed since 2011 you have to move on but hey maybe eventually it will come back around just like Vinyl records.

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

4 minutes ago, photonman said:

Just got on the beta.  I am kind of liking that we only have Sox available as I never understood the difference from Izotope and I love when the decision is made for me.  But in all seriousness if it has not been developed since 2011 you have to move on but hey maybe eventually it will come back around just like Vinyl records.

Maybe when things are done right they don't have to be updated... just a thought because i'm no good at that either :)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

14 hours ago, jos said:

Do you have shuffle playback engaged? This would explain why you don't get the first track to play when you click on the play button over the album vignette, but a random track of the album

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

On 4/7/2019 at 4:12 AM, mraulino said:

Just installed the public beta and my tracks are ALL duplicated. Any clue of what could be causing this? Didn't have this issue with any of the previous versions...

With which version of the beta have you made the migration from 3.2?

There was an issue with resynching a network folder fixed in beta 18.

Following the procedure given by @RunHomeSlow you should have been able to restart with a blank database, not migrating from 3.2.

And then, after having added your folders containing your audio files in the sync list, do you still get duplicates?

On 4/6/2019 at 4:16 PM, stefano_mbp said:

@damien78

... I did some tests:

if all tracks with different Album Artist are in the same folder then the last Album Artist is used to group the album (the one of the last track)

if I split the tracks in two different folders, one for each Album Artist, then two different Album Artists are displayed under the right Album Artist group and the two albums, if I check metadata in A+, have each one the right Album Artist displayed

That's correct, 3.5 now takes the folder into account when grouping tracks into albums.

This fixes the issue of the "Greatest Hits" and other albums with same title, and same album artist, or none that were wrongly merged.

When album artist is missing from the album tracks, the one that is common to 3/4th of the album tracks is picked as album artist.

On 4/6/2019 at 11:04 AM, markmorb said:

Hi,

Massive fan of this software, been using for years so I've been taking at look at 3.5

Couple of quick things I've noticed (re usability)

1) When it is in "Artwork" window mode it doesn't display the artist name, just the track name which is a bit inconvenient if you are playing a compilation album and you look to see who is playing...

2) I used to like to play all the tracks by a certain artist, the way I would do this is to search my Library by Artist, select tracks and then play from the first track onwards (shuffle as well). In the latest version I can find no way of doing this, if I search by artist it only shows tracks with that artist name in the title! and if I select Albums I get all their albums but there's no way to play all of them shuffled up...does that make sense?

Anyway, I appreciate all your work on this wonderful piece of Software....Thanks,

Mark

Thanks!

Search for tracks was looking in too many fields, including artist, and album, returning unwished results like all the tracks of an album with the keyword in its title, requesting the user to scroll down the list of results to get what he was looking for. Where the album and artists results are clearly visible in their own category.

To get all the artist tracks, I'd suggest to use the Filters feature, with Artist as filter.