IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

2 hours ago, DancingSea said:

Any comments on the 3.5 sound signature?  Any changes from previous versions?

Besides here you find some on the Audirvana FB page.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

16 hours ago, pl_svn said:

I've just checked it, and it parses the file correctly.

The point is that it references audio files with an absolute path. Could you check if the audio files are still at the exact location referenced in this .m3u8 file?

FYI, with 3.5, you can now export playlists in .m3u files with audio file patches relative to the .m3u file location

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

18 minutes ago, damien78 said:

I've just checked it, and it parses the file correctly.

The point is that it references audio files with an absolute path. Could you check if the audio files are still at the exact location referenced in this .m3u8 file?

never moved those files, Damien

point, though, is I can't import that playlist in A+ 3.5 (File/Import Playlist) whilst every other playlist did without issues 😶

(just tried once more with v3.4.99.19)

Import Playlist

839583796_Screenshot2019-04-09at12_37_20.thumb.png.638bf799c620a88333d0ff232c80baf7.png

but... 

1718166616_Screenshot2019-04-09at12_37_39.thumb.png.e5b93130da3010fa7b5864361f9d9ada.png

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

3 hours ago, DancingSea said:

Any comments on the 3.5 sound signature?  Any changes from previous versions?

The comments I've seen here are from people thinking it sounds better. I agree.  (First thing I noticed, actually.)

Edit: Though some people have said they miss iZotope, which Damien is bringing back for those with a 3.2 license.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

9 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Wanted to put back Izotope settings, but all seems to work but it doesn't play anything...

The bar doesn't advance. The song is bold, the cover seems like it will play but no sound no progress bar...

if i go to settings for DAC, all is greyed out, like when it is playing but still no movement or sound...

same after A+ restart and Mac restart... choose SoX all is Ok, back to Izotope no movement, stop upsampling, all is good there too...

Which detailed settings have you used with iZotope?

Is anyone else having this issue with legacy iZotope?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

6 hours ago, macuniverse said:

v3.5b Audio Units Presets window cannot be resized. I'm able to do it in v3.2.

Presets side window is very narrow and it's impossible to read the full preset name and make any sense of it. It's not usable as it is unless you use cryptic short names.

I've made it resizable for the realtime setup window, and enlarged for the offline setup view

22 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Which detailed settings have you used with iZotope?

Is anyone else having this issue with legacy iZotope?

Upsampling to dsd128 filter c -3db

also the last two settings of izotope doesn’t seems to hold, whenever i return to see the change

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

55 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Upsampling to dsd128 filter c -3db

also the last two settings of izotope doesn’t seems to hold, whenever i return to see the change

Ok, fixed the settings.

But even with upsampling to DSD128, it plays fine here.

Any other setting, or a special DAC ?

2 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Ok, fixed the settings.

But even with upsampling to DSD128, it plays fine here.

Any other setting, or a special DAC ?

Wyred dac 2 dsd special edition

never had problem before.

24, 512000, 0.94, 100, 0.68

if i remember, not home now.

all seems to work, only there is no time remaining and no time advancing. But i have to stop the song to make changes in settings like it was working

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

2 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Wyred dac 2 dsd special edition

never had problem before.

24, 512000, 0.94, 100, 0.68

if i remember, not home now.

all seems to work, only there is no time remaining and no time advancing. But i have to stop the song to make changes in settings like it was working

Playing like a charm with those settings on the 3 macs here

Quite weird.

Has anyone else tried legacy iZotope?

14 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Playing like a charm with those settings on the 3 macs here

Quite weird.

Has anyone else tried legacy iZotope?

Just tried iZotope: cannot play anything, the error is.... see attached image

the settings are the same as RunHomeSlow, oversampling power of two, the dac is in my signature 

iZotope error.jpeg

Stefano

My audio system

2 hours ago, Jud said:

The comments I've seen here are from people thinking it sounds better. I agree.  (First thing I noticed, actually.)

Edit: Though some people have said they miss iZotope, which Damien is bringing back for those with a 3.2 license.

Indeed, sound is more than outstanding!! No iZotope for me anymore!

20 hours ago, damien78 said:

Which audio unit are you trying to use? In offline, or realtime setup mode?

Do you have a stereo, or multichannel audio device? If multichannel, are the audio units multichannel capable?

All audio unit fail when i use realtime setup mode.  Offline is fine.

I use USB DAC, in stereo

13 minutes ago, jos said:

Second try...

Got your files, and reproduced the issue loading the last seconds of the first track.

You can remove the files from here now.

34 minutes ago, Uni said:

All audio unit fail when i use realtime setup mode.  Offline is fine.

I use USB DAC, in stereo

Which ones in particular?

Can you send me a copy of the Debug Info by PM ?

54 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Got your files, and reproduced the issue loading the last seconds of the first track.

You can remove the files from here now.

Thanks Damien, I did make a private bookmark of those posts; don't known how to delete the files.

6 minutes ago, jos said:

Thanks Damien, I did make a private bookmark of those posts; don't known how to delete the files.

Maybe just edit your post ?

The bad news is that it causes an Apple supplied function to hang at the end of the first track, also when reading.

This will not be an easy or quick fix.

4 hours ago, pl_svn said:

never moved those files, Damien

point, though, is I can't import that playlist in A+ 3.5 (File/Import Playlist) whilst every other playlist did without issues 😶

(just tried once more with v3.4.99.19)

Import Playlist

839583796_Screenshot2019-04-09at12_37_20.thumb.png.638bf799c620a88333d0ff232c80baf7.png

but... 

1718166616_Screenshot2019-04-09at12_37_39.thumb.png.e5b93130da3010fa7b5864361f9d9ada.png

I've tried to rename it even with weird unicode characters, and it imports well, when the audio files are present, and inside a synched folder.

If you search for some titles in this playlist, can you find them in Audirvana's library ?