IGNORED

Farad supercap DC power supplies

The voltage regulator and it's passive components will STILL govern how this PSU sounds.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

• 5 months later...

Any new info regarding the Farad PS? Any owners?

Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon High Current < AQ WEL XLR < Chord Qutest DAC w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Innuos Phoenix USB w AQ Dragon Source < Aurender N100H & AQ Dragon Source < NetGear GS105GE Switch w UpTone LPS1.2 < Supra CAT8 Ethernet < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Stillpoints UltraSS, Ansuz Darkz D-TC & D2, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer, Gold Evolution SE & Classic < Furutech FT-SWS (R) < Synergistic Research Orange Quantum Fuse < Solid Tech Hybrid < GigaWatt G-16A 2P Circuit Breaker

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just confirmed that I will receive two Farad units for a test.
A 12V for my sms200ultra and a 19V for my roon core computer.
The 12V has Furutech rhodium connector and Synergistic research blue fuse, the 19V Furutech rhodium connector and standard fuse.
I have a Uptone lps 1.2 for my endpoint for comparison and the system is of sufficient quality to reveal quite minor differences.
Will report back next week.

15 hours ago, Metnoc said:

The 12V has Furutech rhodium connector and Synergistic research blue fuse, the 19V Furutech rhodium connector and standard fuse.
I have a Uptone lps 1.2 for my endpoint for comparison and the system is of sufficient quality to reveal quite minor differences.

The force is strong...😀

• 1 month later...

I have now compared 2 farads extensively with various other power supplies such as S-booster, Keces P8-8amp version and Keces P8 double version 12 and 15 volts and the SotM SpS500 SMPS power supply.  I tested them on the Mytek Brooklyn + and the Sotm SmS200 ultra and the SotM tx-usb ultra.  At the Farads I opted for the version with Highend Fuses silver and Copper Level 2 cable.  The Farad is obeying the winner with a nice tight low and open high.  The Sotm comes close and has the advantage that the voltage is switchable.  The Keces is the most powerful of the 3 but slightly less balanced in my opinion.

On 10/3/2019 at 3:51 AM, Metnoc said:

Hi,

Where is it that one can specify the Furutech Rhodium IEC connector on the ordering page?

G

PH SR7 > MacMini+Uptone MMK Mod > Audirvana 3.2 > re-clocked D-LInk switch/LPS1.1 > sMS-200Ultra/LPS1.2 > tX-USBUltra/PH SR7 > Chord BluDave > Focal Utopia(Norne Silver) or Voxativ 9.87/ Stereo REL G1 Mk II

On 11/5/2019 at 8:24 AM, Tommd64 said:

I have now compared 2 farads extensively with various other power supplies such as S-booster, Keces P8-8amp version and Keces P8 double version 12 and 15 volts and the SotM SpS500 SMPS power supply.  I tested them on the Mytek Brooklyn + and the Sotm SmS200 ultra and the SotM tx-usb ultra.  At the Farads I opted for the version with Highend Fuses silver and Copper Level 2 cable.  The Farad is obeying the winner with a nice tight low and open high.  The Sotm comes close and has the advantage that the voltage is switchable.  The Keces is the most powerful of the 3 but slightly less balanced in my opinion.

Thanks for the comparison.  How was the Keces less balanced, out of interest?

10 hours ago, HeeBroG said:

Hi,

Where is it that one can specify the Furutech Rhodium IEC connector on the ordering page?

G

The option has just been made available after contacting KempElectronics.

PH SR7 > MacMini+Uptone MMK Mod > Audirvana 3.2 > re-clocked D-LInk switch/LPS1.1 > sMS-200Ultra/LPS1.2 > tX-USBUltra/PH SR7 > Chord BluDave > Focal Utopia(Norne Silver) or Voxativ 9.87/ Stereo REL G1 Mk II

• 2 weeks later...

precis of current (sic) info from Mattijs/Farad: currently developing Super12, 12A supply ... 12V/12A or 13V/12A (switchable) ... available end this year ... prototype ... can take longer ... also a high quality low noise linear DC to ATX converter to match Super12 ... ready January ... After this probably a 19V/9A, the Super9 ... For smaller motherboards (Processor TPD up to 12W) the Super3 19V is a good choice (max continuous output about 50W) ... for bigger boards double or triple Super3 with converters ... or new upcoming high power supplies with HDPLEX converter or our own converter later ... newest AMD processors only low TPD (like upto 50-60W) and good sound quality, we use them in Pink Faun streamers

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2019 at 11:12 PM, Ricardo007 said:

Any experience to share on using an audiophile power cable on this supercap PSU ? 

I now have the same question.  

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2019 at 2:51 PM, Metnoc said:

Any feedback regarding your Farad experience?

• 3 months later...
On 11/5/2019 at 8:24 AM, Tommd64 said:

Hi,

I currently own and use a sps-500 in 9v mode to power my sotm snh-10g. With your experience, would you say that a 9v farad super3 stock delivers an uptick in detail over the sps-500...and any additional add ons further increase the performance? Or would you say that as I already use an sps-500 it really isnt worth changing?

Thanks for any input

• 2 months later...