IGNORED

Who are You Going to See?

Was wondering when the posts here would take a downhill turn. Rap seems to bring that out in CA members that don’t appreciate the art.

May go see Pharcyde tomorrow to keep it real.

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

13 hours ago, tmkirst said:

Sorry, do your own research :).

I have not heard a 1000 rap artists, if you have a favorite please share it - I'm like a sponge and will give it a listen.

2Pac, Kendrick Lamar, Biggie, TC's own Greg Johnson.

Or, as Mr. Spinks said after defeating the mighty Mohamed Ali "I'm not the greatest, I'm just the latest."

SSH

On 12/9/2017 at 2:02 PM, accwai said:

Going to see Khatia Buniatishvili in a Liszt and Mussorgsky recital tomorrow, Dec 10.

How was it? I like her, but she’s quite controversial. 

Going to see Alina Igrabimova and Cedric Tiberghien tonight at Boulez Saal in Berlin, playing Franck and Vierne. 

7 hours ago, Musicophile said:

How was it? I like her, but she’s quite controversial.

She played *really* well. Some might say she goes fast just for the effect, but her range of expressions and tone colors even at that kind of speed is amazing. Plus the Debussy Clair de Lune for the encore clearly shows that she isn't just about brute speed--she has the delicacy as well.

As for controversy, quick search on internet shows only one strongly negative review. It was for a Mussorgsky/Liszt recital from a few years back, which was described by the reviewer as "low-grade circus act". Interestingly, her Toronto recital last December was also Mussorgsky/Liszt. I don't see how this one can be called as low-grad circus act unless someone has axe to grind. Since I'm very familiar with Pictures at an Exhibition, Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 and have heard Rhapsodie espangnole (Album of the Evening Feb 21, 2017), I'm not total newbie here. Looking deeper into the reviewer seems to indicate that he himself has a checkered and controversial history. Then again, I'm just Joe Blow off the street. What do I know right? :D

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, mansr said:

IMG_20180118_192946.thumb.jpg.61019101fa80505e88b43e4de2afc618.jpg

Definitely not audiophile approved.

Yet, when your emotions get involved, it almost always sounds better than your hi fi system at home or the dealer.

I love when attending concerts and see the JBL VTX, VTR or VerTec speakers systems used.  Usually excellent sound.  

Enjoy the show.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

St. Vincent put on an amazing show! No backup band, just Annie, one costume change, six guitar changes, and Devo-esque video backdrops. Rocked the eff out of Portland!

IMG_E0715.jpg

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

10 hours ago, matthias said:

Avishai Cohen, the man with the trumpet.

Matt

One of them should really change their name. Too confusing.

I also saw a great Israeli musician:

https://musicophilesblog.com/2018/01/22/omer-klein-trio-live-at-moods-zurich-jan-18-2018-groovy-baby/

36 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

One of them should really change their name. Too confusing.

That's like saying the Marsalis family musicians should change their names... oh wait, I see your point now. :D