IGNORED

Who are You Going to See?

Bette Midler in "Hello, Dolly", 23 June

Patti LuPone and Christine Ebersole in "War Paint", 24 June

Really looking forward - haven't been to New York for Broadway shows in a few years :)

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got back from the concert and it was simply outstanding in terms of the music, performance, and effects. This tout, Roger Waters and company are playing all of the major Pink Floyd pieces, and they have never sounded better. Outstanding band backing him, including many supporting musicians that go back to the golden days of the Floyd. The sound quality in the arena was also excellent and enveloping. The two "twin appearing" blondes from the band Lucius were also an excellent addition, both in terms of their striking vocals,and seemingly endless energy.

The only disappointment was that I do not feel any desire to be hit over the head with the political opinion of a musical artist, or band during a performance. And there was far, far too much of that, and horribly misguided.

JC

Some friends also bought me a ticket to the Yestival Tour concert next week. This had to do with me taking them to see Yes about 6-7 years ago, when the band was almost entirely intact and playing very well. That and the fact that I have been a big Yes fan since they frst appeared on the scene. I was a bit shocked to realize that only ONE of the original five band members will be on the stage this time around. Falling outs and the sad passing of Chris Squire make me honestly have brought about this sad situation. I wonder how they can term this band Yes? Oh well, the bright spot is that Carl Palmer is opening, with his ELP tribute, and I would have gone simply for that.

JC

Christian McBride's New Jawn, October 18th at McMenamin's Mission Theater! Can't wait!

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

Had to look up what jawn means - what doesn't it mean?

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

• 4 weeks later...

Last-minute decision to see Thundercat at the Crystal Ballroom tonight. My ears are ringing but we got our groove on.

Who said tongue-in-cheek jazz/R&B fusion was dead?

IMG_0487.JPG

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2017 at 5:26 AM, rando said:

That is an amusing word I never expected to read here, "jawn."  His bass lines are going to be coasting through my head every time I see tumbleweave drifting by in the street now.  

Will not get to see the New Jawn band after all... Mr. McBride is now playing a Ray Brown tribute with his trio on Wednesday. All good in the hood.

St. Vincent on January 20th, at the Keller Auditorium. Her new album ROCKS.

Herbie Hancock this Saturday at the CSO (met him in New York back in the early 90's. Stoked about this concert)

Guns N Roses in early Nov

Dead & Company in Detroit and Columbus just after Thanksgiving

CSO performing Mahler's 9th early January

I think that's it for the next few months.  I may see Phil & Friends but that's still up in the air.

On 8/9/2017 at 12:23 AM, TubeLover said:

Just got back from the concert and it was simply outstanding in terms of the music, performance, and effects. This tout, Roger Waters and company are playing all of the major Pink Floyd pieces, and they have never sounded better. Outstanding band backing him, including many supporting musicians that go back to the golden days of the Floyd. The sound quality in the arena was also excellent and enveloping. The two "twin appearing" blondes from the band Lucius were also an excellent addition, both in terms of their striking vocals,and seemingly endless energy.

The only disappointment was that I do not feel any desire to be hit over the head with the political opinion of a musical artist, or band during a performance. And there was far, far too much of that, and horribly misguided.

JC

I saw this show in Chicago.  12th row center.  I only wish I could have seen Pink Floyd as a full band.  Waters put on a great show as he can still sing, but I was disappointed when another bassist rang out the first lick in One of These Days. C'mon Roger, you're the bassist and that's your song.

6 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Just scored 6th row seats to see the Avett Brothers at the Saroyan Theater in Fresno!  My wife is thrilled, but the concert is not until the end of March 2018.

They’re terrific (have you seen them before?).  Enjoy!

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

5 minutes ago, Jud said:

They’re terrific (have you seen them before?).  Enjoy!

Yes, we saw them 2 years ago in an even smaller venue.  I think it was New Years Eve or Christmas.  They have an energy and intimacy live that does not always make it to their records.  Have been collecting them since Four Thieves Gone.

By the way, you never said anything about that Henry Manx "Road Ragas" CD I sent you some time ago.  Did you enjoy it?  Call me sometime and lets catch up.  Want to hear about the house building progress.  :)

I missed the chance to see this band while they visited Gothenburg, but a friend of mine teased me that it was one of his most memorable concerts. This guy goes to roughly 20-30 concerts per year (compared to my 5-10 concerts maximum). Next time I will not miss the chance to see them live!

Fantastic Negrito - The Last Days Of Oakland

https://tidal.com/album/75631948

Fantastic-Negrito.thumb.jpg.453fa8dc70aa22916ff019bd130ea7ae.jpg

🎛️  Audio System  

Austin City Limits Musicfest just over a week ago:

Red Hot Chili Peppers

The Killers

The Head & The Heart (Good show!)

The Black Angels (my favorite)

Mondo Cozmo

Blackfoot Gypsies

Ice Cube

Jay Z

Crystal Castles was interesting...

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

On 10/21/2017 at 11:02 PM, Superdad said:

Yes, we saw them 2 years ago in an even smaller venue.  I think it was New Years Eve or Christmas.  They have an energy and intimacy live that does not always make it to their records.  Have been collecting them since Four Thieves Gone.

By the way, you never said anything about that Henry Manx "Road Ragas" CD I sent you some time ago.  Did you enjoy it?  Call me sometime and lets catch up.  Want to hear about the house building progress.  :)

+1 for Harry Manx, his early albums in particular.