IGNORED

Who are You Going to See?

I'm going to see Aimee Mann in April, on her new tour supporting the album that's coming out at the end of this month.

From the two songs released so far, I'm not sure this is going to be my favorite album of hers - but I've never seen her live before, I love most of her work, and this tour apparently is going to be more acoustic oriented, and I'm eager to see and hear her do some of her catalogue live in a more stripped-down manner.

Got tickets for me and my son for the DC101 (Washington, DC alt-rock station) Kerfuffle in May which has the following lineup:

Kings of Leon

Weezer

Fitz and the Tantrums

Jimmy Eat World

Catfish and the Bottlemen

MISSIO

Also in May I got tickets for me and my wife to see Dwight Yoakam at the Lincoln Theater in Washington.

Debating on getting tickets for Son Volt.

Looking forward to a musical spring.

5 minutes ago, ted_b said:

Bruce Cockburn June 2 Kent Stage

Norah Jones May 24 Jacobs Pavilion

Don't if you've seen Cockburn before - he's great live.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

8 minutes ago, Jud said:

Don't if you've seen Cockburn before - he's great live.

Don't see him twice but he's great?  If you meant "I don't know if you've seen him before" then no, I haven't, and am looking forward to it.  I've enjoyed him for many many years.

5 hours ago, ted_b said:

Don't see him twice but he's great?  If you meant "I don't know if you've seen him before" then no, I haven't, and am looking forward to it.  I've enjoyed him for many many years.

Yep, that's what I meant. :)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• 2 months later...

Trying to resurrect this thread, as I always found it interesting.

Just got back from the "Four Voices Tour" featuring Joan Baez, The Indigo Girls and Mary Chapin Carpenter. Wonderful, intimate concert. The artists performed most songs all together, while individually letting each of them play a solo from time to time. Great camaraderie and connection between all of them, and a memorable concert. Both the artists and crowd were truly committed to the event and it showed.

JC

Hoping the concierge at my hotel can find me a ticket to see Jonas Kaufman in Otello at the Royal Opera House on 7/6. Other than that, nothing on the schedule for now.

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant