IGNORED

Who are You Going to See?

3 hours ago, watercourse said:

That's like saying the Marsalis family musicians should change their names... oh wait, I see your point now. :D

I don’t mind same last name, but first and last identical really gets confusing. 

Luckily it doesn’t happen that often. That said I once bought a Bill Evans album without thinking and was very suprised that a) the album was pretty horrible and b) the album was by the OTHER Bill Evans, the one with the horn. 

18 hours ago, matthias said:

Avishai Cohen, the man with the trumpet.

Matt

I saw him play in a tiny loft a few months ago.  I sat front row, literally 5 feet in front of him.  That's a unique experience when a trumpet is being played in your face.  Hung out at the bar with Yonathan Avishai and Nasheet Waits.  Bought him a drink.  Nice people and what an amazing show.  I actually stuck around for both shows as they did two back to back.

On 1/22/2018 at 12:19 PM, Musicophile said:

I don’t mind same last name, but first and last identical really gets confusing. 

Luckily it doesn’t happen that often. That said I once bought a Bill Evans album without thinking and was very suprised that a) the album was pretty horrible and b) the album was by the OTHER Bill Evans, the one with the horn. 

Like Lonnie Smith and Lonnie Liston Smith? At least the Evans and Cohens can be distinguished by different instruments!

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

On 1/22/2018 at 2:19 PM, Musicophile said:

The exact same thing happened to me...!

I started listening to the music distractedly and then I asked myself, where the hell is the piano ...?

And yes album was pretty horrible.

Roch

On 23.01.2018 at 4:30 AM, Superdad said:

He is always a fun show.  Where is playing?  UK, right?

80 tour dates, all over the world. 

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/01/david-byrne-announces-80-date-world-tour-his-most-ambitious-show-since-talking-heads-stop-making-sense/

Manchester, Glasgow, Birmingham, Oxford and London and then some in other countries.

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

1 hour ago, Milt99 said:

You and 80,000 of your closest friends :)

Long time out here too, Weezer & The Pixies in August.

7th row center. Take that Ted!

I've never spent nearly this much on tickets before and hope I never do again.

I’m going to drive to MT after the Seattle shows to see them and a football stadium as well. 

Good stuff. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

23 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I’m going to drive to MT after the Seattle shows to see them and a football stadium as well. 

Good stuff. 

I'd say very cool stuff especially that time of year.

I take it you're a big Pearl Jam fan.

I don't know where you reside, Chris, but I've lived in Seattle & thereabouts and was fortunate to be young enough to part take

in the Seattle music scene including the late 80's\early 90's and see all of the bands that made it big & didn't make it big in

the clubs and smaller places like The Moore\Paramount Theaters. Good times.

Been a long time since I've seen Pearl Jam live, 1993, but they put on as good a live show as you'll see, imo.

I can't take the large venues however.

Funny story, @Musicophile made a comment about the two Avishai Cohens being a point of confusion that should be fixed, and he and I traded some posts about musicians with same/similar names being confusing/funny. Meanwhile, I had forgotten that I had reserved an Avishai Cohen CD from my local library, and it arrived today. Guess what? I thought it was the trumpet guy when I reserved it, and it turned out to be the senior Avishai Cohen of the six-string and voice. You win, @Musicophile, it is definitely confusing!

However, equally interesting is that I really like the subterranean-Cohen's new album, 1970. On paper, it doesn't sound appealing to me, but I'm listening to it now and I'm really enjoying it. Positive vibes for trying times here in la la land.

So the moral of the story is that confusion may ultimately lead to enlightenment. I've seen the brass-Cohen live, and now that I know of his existence, I will not avoid the subterranean-Cohen if he ever swings to the PNW...

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold