IGNORED

Who are You Going to See?

LCD Soundsystem -Santa Barbara Bowl, May 4th

Soulwax - Henry Fonda Theatre, April 19th

Kraftwerk - Pula Amphitheatre, Croatia Aug, 19th 

Pula.jpg

EtherRegen powered by Sonore UltraCap LPS1.2 -> Optical Cable ->OpticalRendu powered by SGC 50w LPS -> Ghent silver plated ->star quad USB (JSSG360)->Denafrips Hermes DDC -> i2S HDMI (Clocked by Terminator Dac via BNC)->Denafrips Terminator II Dac->Linear Tube Audio Preamplifier->Melody 845M Monoblocks -> Silversmith Fidelium Speaker Cables->Pure Audio Project Trio15 Coaxial Open Baffle Speakers->2X SVS 4000 Subwoofers->All connected to PSAudio P10 Power Plant

Over the past 2 weeks I've seen Bruce Cockburn, Dar Williams, and Black Violin.

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

• 2 weeks later...

The coming month's are looking better than I'd expected.  Sharon Bezaly giving a world premiere with the Minnesota Orchestra in May.  Carolyn Sampson with the same orchestra performing Mahler's 4th in June.  Then Igor Levit, Nicola Benedetti, and Gautier Capuçon with Yuga Wang this Fall.  

Just got back from once again being surprised at a local concert series with exceptional live music.  This one an all female Wind Quintet in celebration of International Women's Day.  The French horn's bell was no more than 2' from a solid wood wall.  I'm still trying to figure out if this was a planned event.  Always something surprising that works out very well.  

11 minutes ago, rando said:

The coming month's are looking better than I'd expected.  Sharon Bezaly giving a world premiere with the Minnesota Orchestra in May.  Carolyn Sampson with the same orchestra performing Mahler's 4th in June.  Then Igor Levit, Nicola Benedetti, and Gautier Capuçon with Yuga Wang this Fall.  

Just got back from once again being surprised at a local concert series with exceptional live music.  This one an all female Wind Quintet in celebration of International Women's Day.  The French horn's bell was no more than 2' from a solid wood wall.  I'm still trying to figure out if this was a planned event.  Always something surprising that works out very well.  

I need to make it up to MSP for a performance or three. Big fan of Osmo, especially his Sibelius cycle with the Minnesota Orchestra.

Jesper Nordin’s Emerge uses an app invented by Nordin called “Gestrument” that enables Fröst to control sound and create sound sculptures in real time with his physical gestures

Quite readily wanted to answer how one can play clarinet, conduct, and use a phone app.  By no small stretch this was going to be the most interesting work on the concert program to see live.  Patience rewards those who can hold their seat for 3+ hours.

I have tickets for Radiohead in New York and The Smashing Pumpkins in Philly, both in the summer. 

Also thinking of going to Despacio (the “club” thing from James Murphy with 2Many DJs. 

And will probably see Nils Frahm next weekend and something from the flamenco festival that’s coming up. So many concerts in New York, so little time (and money)...

(By the way the NY Philharmonic will play the live score to 2001 next season, starting September. If you’re around, don’t miss it)

;)

New additions to my 2018 lineup include Gomez at the Lincoln theater in Washington, DC. They've been on my bucket list for awhile, but when they went on an extended break, I didn't think it would happen. 

Also while we are on vacation in Denver we got tickets for Bare Naked Ladies, Better Than Ezra, and KT Tunstall at Red Rocks Amphitheater. Should be fun.

6 hours ago, jjborders said:

New additions to my 2018 lineup include Gomez at the Lincoln theater in Washington, DC. They've been on my bucket list for awhile, but when they went on an extended break, I didn't think it would happen. 

Also while we are on vacation in Denver we got tickets for Bare Naked Ladies, Better Than Ezra, and KT Tunstall at Red Rocks Amphitheater. Should be fun.

Went to see Better Than Ezra last summer at an outdoor event.  They were fabulous.  I was surprised that almost half there set were cover songs.  I think they may have done that to please all the non Ezra fans.  Excellent sound at that show.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

26 minutes ago, semente said:

Stephen Hough solo. The programme is as follows:

• Debussy: Clair de Lune
  • Debussy: Images Book II
  • Chopin: Sonata no. 2 (Funeral March)
  • Debussy: La terrasse des audiences du clair de lune (Preludes Bk II)
  • Debussy: Images Book I
  • Beethoven: Sonata in F minor op. 57 (Appassionata)

Nice one.

• 3 weeks later...

Before Joshua Redman on 6/24, i got fantastic seats to see Yes' 50th Anniversary concert at The Paramount Theater in Denver (great sounding venue) on 6/11.  Psyched to be centered in row N, should be perfect for sound quality.  It will be a bit bittersweet as I will miss Chris Squire, sad...

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

10 minutes ago, barrows said:

Before Joshua Redman on 6/24, i got fantastic seats to see Yes' 50th Anniversary concert at The Paramount Theater in Denver (great sounding venue) on 6/11.  Psyched to be centered in row N, should be perfect for sound quality.  It will be a bit bittersweet as I will miss Chris Squire, sad...

No Jon Anderson either.  Not quite the same without his singing.

On 1/24/2018 at 5:08 PM, ted_b said:

Gillian Welch at Red Rocks.

Then the following Monday myself and my three adult boys go to see Beck there.  Unfortunately, unlike my Gillian tix in the sixth row, these are general admission.  Argh.

3 minutes ago, Johnseye said:

No Jon Anderson either.  Not quite the same without his singing.

Yep, seen Yes many times...  First time in Madison Square Garden was an amazing experience for my young self (at 17).  Best concert though was the "Masterworks" tour where they played only their long epic pieces, I had an out of body experience during the "Wurm" movement of "Starship Troopers"...

Still, in any case, the concert will be good.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Omara Portuondo this Wednesday at Revolution Hall. General admission must mean room for dancing???

Cecile McLorin Salvant 4/21 also at Rev Hall

Meshell Ndegeocello 5/1 at McMenamin's Mission Theater

Jack White 8/11 at the Veterans Memorial Center

This spring is looking great so far!

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

On 4/2/2018 at 8:41 AM, watercourse said:

Omara Portuondo this Wednesday at Revolution Hall. General admission must mean room for dancing???

Cecile McLorin Salvant 4/21 also at Rev Hall

Meshell Ndegeocello 5/1 at McMenamin's Mission Theater

Jack White 8/11 at the Veterans Memorial Center

This spring is looking great so far!

Whoops, forgot Robert Glasper and R+R=NOW at the Roseland Theater on 4/19.

yeah, baby

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

• 4 weeks later...