IGNORED

Who are You Going to See?

3 hours ago, Milt99 said:

I'd say very cool stuff especially that time of year.

I take it you're a big Pearl Jam fan.

I don't know where you reside, Chris, but I've lived in Seattle & thereabouts and was fortunate to be young enough to part take

in the Seattle music scene including the late 80's\early 90's and see all of the bands that made it big & didn't make it big in

the clubs and smaller places like The Moore\Paramount Theaters. Good times.

Been a long time since I've seen Pearl Jam live, 1993, but they put on as good a live show as you'll see, imo.

I can't take the large venues however.

I'm jealous. 

Been a Pearl Jam fan since 1991 when I first heard 10. They've been my favorite band ever since. I was a sophomore in high school and got deep into Seattle music and all the offshoots. 

I've seen them numerous times including at Wrigley Field and Fenway Park. I can't wait to see them in Seattle and MT. They don't come here to Minneapolis often, so it's always fun to make an event out of going to see them somewhere. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

15 hours ago, jjborders said:

Dan Auerbach & The Easy Eye Sound Revue at the 9:30 Club in Washington, DC in May.

THAT’s going to be great!  And the 9:30 club is a cool venue.  Really hope NPR records that one.  I know Bob Boilen is an Auerbach fan, so there is a good chance of that.  (Go back in the NPR Music archives and download a couple of the really old Black Keys concerts: some truly raw stuff—and a bit raunchy as I recall. My wife enjoys some Black Keys too, but she can’t understand and can’t stand it when I play those old concerts. O.o).

15 hours ago, lmitche said:

I get it. For me, it was Led Zeppelin sophomore year. Heard the first album on WNEW-FM in NYC. I never saw them live, but did see Robert Plant a few years ago with my son where every other song played was from LedZep.

It was a great concert.

I also met Jimmie Page once in a pub in London, LOL.

WNEW.  Alison Steele, The Night Bird. Dave Herman, who I started listening to in 1968 on WMMR in Philly. Scott Muni, who read ads for "St. Joseph and his Holy Aspirin."

Ah, memories. :)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

2 hours ago, Jud said:

WNEW.  Alison Steele, The Night Bird. Dave Herman, who I started listening to in 1968 on WMMR in Philly. Scott Muni, who read ads for "St. Joseph and his Holy Aspirin."

Ah, memories. :)

They were so good at what they did. 

What a time to be a radio DJ with all that talent walking in the door everyday for the first radio play of a new recording. I remember WMMR from my years in PA, but can't remember anybody's name.

Did you know that apparently Dave Herman was a creep in the worst way?

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

18 minutes ago, lmitche said:

They were so good at what they did. 

What a time to be a radio DJ with all that talent walking in the door everyday for the first radio play of a new recording. I remember WMMR from my years in PA, but can't remember anybody's name.

Did you know that apparently Dave Herman was a creep in the worst way?

Sorry to hear that, because he was my introduction to a bygone era of radio stations that played full albums when they came out, played multiple tracks from albums, played long tracks, had deep playlists....

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Apologies for the OT, but this may give you a little of the flavor of what radio was like on a few stations in those times:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2000/08/06/nyregion/william-mercer-73-dj-known-as-rosko-is-dead.html?referer=https://www.google.com/

On 1/26/2018 at 3:00 AM, watercourse said:

Funny story, @Musicophile made a comment about the two Avishai Cohens being a point of confusion that should be fixed, and he and I traded some posts about musicians with same/similar names being confusing/funny. Meanwhile, I had forgotten that I had reserved an Avishai Cohen CD from my local library, and it arrived today. Guess what? I thought it was the trumpet guy when I reserved it, and it turned out to be the senior Avishai Cohen of the six-string and voice. You win, @Musicophile, it is definitely confusing!

However, equally interesting is that I really like the subterranean-Cohen's new album, 1970. On paper, it doesn't sound appealing to me, but I'm listening to it now and I'm really enjoying it. Positive vibes for trying times here in la la land.

So the moral of the story is that confusion may ultimately lead to enlightenment. I've seen the brass-Cohen live, and now that I know of his existence, I will not avoid the subterranean-Cohen if he ever swings to the PNW...

Roon still can't tell the trumpeter and the bassist apart.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2017 at 6:33 PM, John H said:

CeCile McLorin Salvant

The Old Church

Portland OR

Going to see her 4/21/18 at Revolution Hall. Revolution Hall is awesome, but she must have been A-mazing at the Old Church!

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

Now you're making fun of my Heritage too?  I don't know if I can take this level of disrespect...

CHRIS!!!!!!!  RALF's being mean to me!

Well, since Canada is a *much* bigger frozen sh#%$^!t hole than Norway, that one was obviously targeted at me, Ok?!

Now back on topic, will be going to see Quicksilver Baroque Ensemble on April 14. Can't wait... :D