IGNORED

HQ Player

2 hours ago, kelvinwsy said:

After upgrading to ASDM EC 512, I needed to up the Turbo on my 10700k to 4.4 and 4.3 Ghz for the 1st 4 and then 2nd 4 cores respectively for a stutter free playback.

Do you mean is it now possible to spread EC modulator load over multiple cores? Or i didn't understand correctly?

21 hours ago, Miska said:

Then you can just try to start the playback again and it proceeds. In worst case you can restart HQPlayer which will drop the NAA connection and establish a new one.

Just FYI - Sometimes I do have to turn off my LinQ.

Mac Mini Late 2014 (16G/SSD) w Uptone JS-2 w OWC Thunderbay 4 Mini RAID (JS-2) / Roon

Aqua LinQ w EtherCon cable (Ghent) w Uptone EtherRegen w Uptone JS-2

Aqua Formula xHD w Ocellia RCA Interconnect & Shunyata Delta NR

Kora TB 200 Integrated Amplifier w Audio Art Power Cable

Magico V2 w Ocellia speaker cables w Shunyata Dark Field Elevator & JL Audio E-Sub e110 X 2

All equipment, including subwoofer on Modulum platforms (modulumaudio.com)

Just wanted to check again if anyone running HQPlayer4Desktop 4.90 on Windows 10 with NAA has run into an issue where NAA crashes frequently? In my case, both are running on the same box (SGM Extreme).

@Miska I've yet to identify a 100% repeatable failing scenario, but it usually happens after HQP is in a stopped state, and I hit play. I can emai you a log file from HQP, but I don't know if there is a log file in NAA I can enable?

I have been having persistent NAA crashing problems for months. I have to restart my USBridge and SSH in to re-start processes each time.  It has been so frequent that I just leave a terminal window open on my desktop. This started sometime last year and was a new occurrence as I had stable use for several years. But I am on MacOS Catalina, not Win10.

image.thumb.jpeg.a4a84e289e35c7e49a6d3042fc9b2a99.jpeg

On 1/17/2021 at 11:01 PM, Iceaero said:

For some reason, IIR simply does not work for me. I think every other filter works, but when I set IIR I get literally no sound out...though HQPlayer acts like everything is fine. Anyone have a clue why this might be?

@Miska Since I updated to the latest version I can confirm that IIR is broken. Other filters are fine, but with IIR no sound. About 4 versions ago IIR was fine. Icearo reports the same issue and it’s also confirmed by a friend of mine. 

5 hours ago, austinpop said:

Just wanted to check again if anyone running HQPlayer4Desktop 4.90 on Windows 10 with NAA has run into an issue where NAA crashes frequently? In my case, both are running on the same box (SGM Extreme).

@Miska I've yet to identify a 100% repeatable failing scenario, but it usually happens after HQP is in a stopped state, and I hit play. I can emai you a log file from HQP, but I don't know if there is a log file in NAA I can enable?

I'm running HQPlayer Embedded Ubuntu constant NAA crashes.

@Miska

Could use some help.

Recently I bought an additional HQP license to use HQP in a separate room from my server, which is now Euphony + HQP Embedded.   

HQP Desktop in my separate room will run on a Windows computer.  I downloaded HQP but I get a message, “NAA output adapter not found”, and I can’t select my dac which is an allo Revolution. 

Is there anything obvious I’m missing?  I made sure to select “allow control from network”.  I tried disabling my firewalls.  

As a side note, the reason I do not want to stream upsampled data from my server + embedded is that I cannot stream DSD without getting glitches at high sample rates. Even when only connected via fios router and no switches between. Must be something with my network. 

1 hour ago, CheapSplurge said:

If using roon eq, while using hqplayer, does it mess with each other? Trying to smooth out a treble

I used REW to measure my sub's base room response and then built some parametric curves in Roon (see Parametric EQ (6 bands)) and use those together with HQPlayer while also upsampling to DSD512.  see signal path below.  Works great!  With treble I might worry more about messing with Phase response when equalizing.  

IMG_1166.thumb.jpg.cdab8a6516ddba11dbfbf4ae9e42cf1c.jpg

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

6 hours ago, sdolezalek said:

I used REW to measure my sub's base room response and then built some parametric curves in Roon (see Parametric EQ

What Miska said +1 you could use the Matrix tab to create an EQ profile

image.png.e6dd4793af10c3e2e41a5b16f986fa40.png

Or since you are using REW you could generate an impulse file  in REW directly and use it here (see below)

image.png.8276bbb1eadadb21b7b2b96583c1402c.png

But if you already know the bands I think will be easier to go with the Matrix EQ

RME ADI-2 DAC FS question.

Have only had mine for one day, replacing a Teac UD-501.

I detect a slight graininess in the treble, noticeable with sibilance.

Is this normal, wrong dither settings, "noisy" USB port, something else?

I am using an old 2012 15" MBP, DSD256/poly-sinc-ext2/DSD5v2 256+fs, USB straight into the DAC (DSD direct mode), amplifier is wide-bandwidth.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

38 minutes ago, semente said:

I detect a slight graininess in the treble, noticeable with sibilance.

Is this normal, wrong dither settings, "noisy" USB port, something else?

I am using an old 2012 15" MBP, DSD256/poly-sinc-ext2/DSD5v2 256+fs, USB straight into the DAC (DSD direct mode), amplifier is wide-bandwidth.

I would use ASDM5 modulator instead. But looks fine. In ADI-2 settings you can switch between two DSD filters, 50 and 150 kHz.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

21 minutes ago, Miska said:

I would use ASDM5 modulator instead. But looks fine. In ADI-2 settings you can switch between two DSD filters, 50 and 150 kHz.

Thanks, will give that a go.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Quick update with 4.9.2, I hope I finally found the root cause and nailed the bug. I also made some fixes to the manual.

Looking forward to listening to this later today!  Most of the NAA magic of 4.9.0 was lost with 4.9.1, so very hopeful to hear it again!

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

Hi, from the 4.8.0 I've noted some difficults to hang the ethernet signal on the NAA, often I must select more times setting window until the music starts properly. The 4.9.1 seems to me has solved the problem but trying the 4.9.2 I've noted that my server PC crash and restart every time. My system is Win server 2019 based  in core mode on plus AO 3.0 plus Process lasso on both server and NAA. I cannot find a valid explication for this strange behaviour.

54 minutes ago, ray-dude said:

Looking forward to listening to this later today!  Most of the NAA magic of 4.9.0 was lost with 4.9.1, so very hopeful to hear it again!

I don't know where that magic comes from. Just an occasional problem starting playback that I've been fixing... (because it was trying to send a wrong message at wrong time)

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

11 minutes ago, Miska said:

I don't know where that magic comes from. Just an occasional problem starting playback that I've been fixing... (because it was trying to send a wrong message at wrong time)

Well the magic is awesome!  If helpful, happy to help figure out what is happening on my system so we can take advantage of this very welcome coincidence (I've heard similar reactions from several other people, but it may be very system dependent)

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers