IGNORED

HQ Player

On 1/28/2021 at 4:06 PM, OzarkMtn said:

In Roon under Headroom Management, should I enable this? If so, what value should I use?

Will dig further in to the parametric EQ. Is there a "default" setting.

All the Roon DSP should be disabled and instead do the corresponding things at HQPlayer side.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On 1/28/2021 at 11:44 PM, Nenon said:

Would you be interested to work with a small group of people who can test various release changes for you to get to the bottom of this? We are quite enthusiastic to find out what improved the SQ. If you are too, we are here to offer some help to get to the bottom of it. If you are not, it's completely understandable as well. 

You mean working to put the bugs back? No, not really. It would be extremely easy to do though thanks to version control systems. :D

On 1/29/2021 at 12:56 AM, glitchesbrew said:

I try sinc-l I got audio interruption every few seconds but I guess that is to be expected.

Yes, likely there's not enough CPU power to process it.

On 1/29/2021 at 12:56 AM, glitchesbrew said:

What is weird to me is that if I select poly-sinc-xtr-mp when I press play I get no sound and HQPlayer Desktop stop responding.

How long did you wait? It may take a while to initialize, especially if you are asking it to do conversion between rate families.

You could try poly-sinc-xtr-mp-2s instead, it likely starts much faster.

17 hours ago, k6davis said:

Would you and @Nikko1960 share more about what CPU/GPU are you're using and what it's capable of using Sinc-L? 

Are you upsampling high-res PCM to DSD? Using an EC modulator? Using 48x? To what bitrate?

I'm away from home right now and can't listen for myself, but I gather from your posts that you both feel that Sinc-L is worth using even if you need to reduce you bitrate to use it? 

Thanks.

Well since I'm feeding my DAC via AES I'm limited to 192 PCM and DoP64.  Still, I've got a 9900k running at 5.0 and I have a 2080ti in the rig as well, though I don't use CUDA offload (never seen a reason to, but I suppose I should try it).  For me, using sinc-L, ASDM7EC, and 48k x64 as my limit, I see two CPU cores hover around 20% during playback.  

Yamaha A-S3200 | B&W | REL | Holo Audio May

On 1/30/2021 at 12:39 AM, brother love said:

I updated to versions 4.9.0 Desktop & 4.1.12 x 64.7z NAA Monday morning after seeing blueninjasix post Sunday lauding this latest version. My system & HQPlayer settings are listed in my signature. My NAA has 8gb memory. I have been glitch-free after listening to approx. 20 hrs. of music. So nothing broken here! 

You can try to do play-stop-play-stop as quickly as possible and soon it'll fail. This happens also when you skip tracks in Roon or the source format changes.

5 minutes ago, Miska said:

And Desktop 4.9.2 and Embedded 4.21.1 have exactly same code inside...

Of course, you would know. However, I was running Desktop 4.9.2 on Windows vs Embedded 4.2.1.1 on HQP OS. 

The fact that HQP OS is ultra lightweight, needs no optimization and has no GUI or unnecessary services running in the background is why I switched to HQP OS/Embedded. Embedded 4.2.1.1 is giving me the best sound I've ever gotten from my system.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

On 1/30/2021 at 4:57 PM, ted_b said:

I don't understand this.  There are dozens and dozens of FLAC use comments on the embedded thread, yet my FLAC was not seen.  And why would my DSF files not get scanned; DSF is "native" to HQPlayer!  I'm not going forward until I understand this.  My WIn10 desktop sounds wonderful, and going embedded is not worth it if I have to convert thousands of albums from FLAC to wav (let alone the dsf issue).  Any ideas?  I assume it's user error on my part.

All the formats work fine here, but you could enable and check HQPlayer log to see why it is not working.

Note that also ext4 and exFAT disk formats should work.

1 hour ago, tonym said:

Hi

I am using Roon and HQPlayer with Devialet Air.

As you can see from the attached screenshot the format output says 44.1k/16/2 to 192k/22/2

I thought it would be 192k/24/2

Anyone seen this before ?

Thank you

Tony

IMG_0852.jpg

Do you have DAC Bits in HQPlayer settings set to 22?

If not, then the driver is announcing 18/20/22 formats and thus HQPlayer concludes that 22 must be the real resolution and 24 is just there for compatibility.

7 minutes ago, mikel said:

I also do not understand how that can be, since theoretically it should be bit-perfect.

Not only theoretically bit-perfect - it is 100% actually bit-perfect.

I have the official RME bit-perfect test files for RME ADI-2 FS DAC . And it passes the test, when going through Black Hole.