IGNORED

HQ Player

Commentys on this are appreciated. How does it compare to J River? Thank you.

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

Just started to use HQ Player to do Redbook to DSD128 conversion. We were previously using JRiver MC19 and were pretty seduced by the results. However HQPlayer is even better and we find the results to be glorious / stunning. Female voices and acoustic instruments seem to gain more texture and sound significantly more realistic than decoding the Redbook original

HQ Player feeding Exasound E20 MkIII with 0.83 fs clock

HQ Player highly recommended for a serious audition !

Sound Test, Monaco

Consultant to Sound Galleries Monaco, and Taiko Audio Holland

e-mail [email protected]

Thank you... for some reason I never got the code with the trial so I cannot try this recommended program. When I requested a new download the trial key was accepted as expired. I contacted Signalyst and that went no where. Such is life...

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

Maybe it was you or bad timing? I say that as Jussi of Signalyst is very responsive, but I think is a one man show. You may see him here as "Miska". I'd try it again, it is worth it. His upsampling is considered one of, if not the foremost in the DIY circles, and one sees it compared as a benchmark to which others aspire. If you are looking to convert to DSD, well, Jussi has been a proponent of it longer than anyone I can recall around here.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

TU 4est

Ok... I have bought it based upon the previous comments. I will always gamble when it comes to my listening experience. So how do I get the manual for it as referenced in the help section. Thanks for your help.

It should be in your downloaded folder, and take care to set it up per his instructions to start with.

Forrest:

Got it TU

enjoying the player very nicely.... Thanks for all the support

Maybe it was you or bad timing? I say that as Jussi of Signalyst is very responsive, but I think is a one man show. You may see him here as "Miska". I'd try it again, it is worth it. His upsampling is considered one of, if not the foremost in the DIY circles, and one sees it compared as a benchmark to which others aspire. If you are looking to convert to DSD, well, Jussi has been a proponent of it longer than anyone I can recall around here.

Can your TP Buffalo II input DSD128 ?

What are your listening observations on PCM converted to DSD64 or DSD128 ?

Sound Test, Monaco

Consultant to Sound Galleries Monaco, and Taiko Audio Holland

e-mail [email protected]

I do not know as I have not tried DSD as of yet. My three i2s solutions predate DSD popularity, and it was not a strong interest at the time. I am considering an iDSD for kicks while I rebuild my DAC.

Can your TP Buffalo II input DSD128 ?

What are your listening observations on PCM converted to DSD64 or DSD128 ?

Forrest:

The more I play with this amazing program the more I enjoy it... especially if I run fidelizer first.

HQ just plays whatever you include as a source, flac, wma, etc. It is highly adjustable on so many varied levels of tweaking. Try it out and decide for yourself. There is a trial included. Enjoy.

• 1 month later...

HQ Player for Mac/OSX requires a Network Audio Adapter, OK, what is an NAA? How is it implemented? Is it software for OSX, or is it a separate Linux PC. Would a MAC Mini with a 2.7GHz core i7 and 8GB of mem be sufficient to do DSD256, upsampled or native, to an exaSound e22 DAC? If the NAA is a separate Linux box, what are you fellows using, software and hardware wise? Thanks.

Music Server(s):Mac Mini w/UpTone linear power supply JS-2, SoTM 200 w/LPS-1, AQ Diamond USB cable,

Music Server Operating System:Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Roon, HQP, A+

USB Digital to Analog Converter(s):PS Audio DS Jr. w/UpTone Audio ReGen  w/ LPS-1 Power Supply

Preamplifier:PS Audio BHK preamp; Amplifier(s):Parasound Amplifier A21; Loudspeakers:Magnapan 3.7

Loudspeaker Cables:AudioQuest CV8

HQ Player for Mac/OSX requires a Network Audio Adapter

...not anymore. There's a beta now with support for CoreAudio. I'm expecting to have first non-beta in August.

OK, what is an NAA? How is it implemented? Is it software for OSX, or is it a separate Linux PC.

It is either Linux PC or some other Linux based computer, like CuBox-i, with my small software module.

Would a MAC Mini with a 2.7GHz core i7 and 8GB of mem be sufficient to do DSD256, upsampled or native, to an exaSound e22 DAC?

It should work, at least with the -2s filters. But there's a free trial to find out.

If the NAA is a separate Linux box, what are you fellows using, software and hardware wise?

There's wide variety of possible hardware, I provide the "networkaudiod" package for x86, armel and armhf architectures running Debian (Wheezy) Linux. (plus one package x86_64 architecture running Debian Jessie)

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Thanks Miska for your prompt answer. I will just wait for your NAA for OSX and try it again then.

Music Server(s):Mac Mini w/UpTone linear power supply JS-2, SoTM 200 w/LPS-1, AQ Diamond USB cable,

Music Server Operating System:Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Roon, HQP, A+

USB Digital to Analog Converter(s):PS Audio DS Jr. w/UpTone Audio ReGen  w/ LPS-1 Power Supply

Preamplifier:PS Audio BHK preamp; Amplifier(s):Parasound Amplifier A21; Loudspeakers:Magnapan 3.7

Loudspeaker Cables:AudioQuest CV8

Thanks Miska for your prompt answer. I will just wait for your NAA for OSX and try it again then.

When Miska said "not anymore" in post 17, this means he has a beta for OS X that does not require a NAA, i.e., does not require a server-client architecture. Apparently it is a stand-alone desktop music player application like Audirvana's playlist mode.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

@Miska: I hope your OS X app will be controllable by AppleScript for playback control (play, pause, forward, back), for adding audio files to the playlist, and for clearing the playlist.

If adding AppleScript commands is too much trouble, then please include menu commands for these functions (rather than requiring the mouse) so that we can automate these commands using scripts that send keystrokes.

Thanks!

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

I downloaded the trial and it doesn't see any of the OS X core audio devices. Might be user error, but I am stumped.

Since the public demo version is dated 4/18/14, it apparently is the old one that requires a NAA client, not the new Beta Miska just announced.