19 minutes ago, TubeLover said:

Absolutely agreed. Thanks for turning me on to this Doc! Excellent recording and performances.

JC

+10  The musicianship and the recording are great, but it wouldn't work without being just wonderful performances, as TubeLover says.  BTW, did you see her White Album?  Yes, two discs, all 30 songs...in order. WIld.

That particular album isn't on Qobuz, much to my dismay, but its totally worth ordering the CD from her website and waiting the month or more to get it, plus you're supporting a great artist. I have bought a bunch of her stuff, including her Christmas album.

edit: I accumulate books and CDs faster than I can read or rip them these days.

No electron left behind.

Just purchased the DSD remaster from the original master tapes at Acoustic Sounds. Fantastic!

"Mastered by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio from the original analog master. DSD file created by Gus Skinas from the original DSD audio used to create the Analogue Productions SACD."

https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/98002/Lynyrd_Skynyrd-Second_Helping-DSD_Single_Rate_28MHz64fs_Download

Second Helping.jpg

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I got Roon to recognize it, and the local files sound so much better than the streamed version.

Screenshot_20201230_192145.png

I know, it is off topic, but why it that so: Different mastering or is implementation of streaming simply worse than implementation of local playback. If yes, which supplier?

8 hours ago, EuroChamp said:

I know, it is off topic, but why it that so: Different mastering or is implementation of streaming simply worse than implementation of local playback. If yes, which supplier?

Logic would say its the same album either streamed from Qobuz, or purchased and downloaded from Qobuz. I really don't have an answer to why, only guesses. Local files do tend to sound better in my system. This did seem to be a bigger difference than usual though, maybe I need to look at my network.

No electron left behind.

5 minutes ago, EuroChamp said:

I am connecting to Qobuz via BubbleUPnP-Server and from there sending the stream to the renderer - either JRiver (or Foobar2k) - definitely no difference as when playing it in JRiver from local disc drive.

With some practice (in JRiver) you will get the streaming file extracted. When comparing both versions, they are identical - on bit level. Also, during playback, I see network activity in the first seconds only, then all data seem to be in the local memory.

Nathan Milstein

Brahms, Tchaikovsky, Mendelssohn: Violin Concertos, Violin Recital [DSD]

Analogue Productions DSD download

folder.jpg

I'll PM you and not derail this more than I have already.

No electron left behind.

A beautiful lp for the New Year. Kellylee Evans tribute to Nina Simone.

Screenshot_2020-12-31-11-36-40.png

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects