23 minutes ago, Rexp said:

Which versions do you recommend, can you post links? Thanks! 

The blue "Coltrane" is the AP DSD. The other 2 are streamed from Qobuz.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, WAM said:

Imho one of the versions of this music every music lover should have in his library. Happy listening!

Thank you, I did. 🙂

Correct, it should be in a library - mandatory - next to the version from Henryk Szeryng. In general both are my superstars of this aera - in terms of skills, virtuosity and spiritual touch.

I have the feeling, the whole world is always talking about Heifetz exclusively. What is true, his hand is moving like a robot, precise, flawless and neverever a single error.

51 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

So much less IMO would have happened in jazz in recent years if it wasn't for the London scene.

First listen - RAWS LA featuring:

Makaya McCraven - Drums
Jeff Parker - Guitar
Justefan - Vibraphone
Benjamin Shepard - Bass

a2001140173_16.jpg

https://grownkidsradio.bandcamp.com/album/raws-la

Seems I was thinking about 2 threads at the same time - obviously MMC is an American musician! :)

9 hours ago, jiminlogansquare said:

Great fun to listen to the almost preternatural virtuosity of recorder soloist Maurice Steger on these Vivaldi concerti. How does he do it?! It's not just a speed test, as the virtuosity serves rather than obscures the music, and he can play long notes, too. That said, the quick tempi on some of these might raise an eyebrow.

92EE918B-011D-40F2-9393-798D94670710.thumb.jpeg.3eddee1be441a3daaa4905e7a0188afb.jpeg

Fasolis has a tendency of ultra high speed also for some of this other albums.