On 12/19/2020 at 7:35 AM, austinpop said:

Yes, also excellent. 

How does it compare to the M6 in his cycle? I thought that one sounded great, but a bit micromanaged, and without any real sense of danger.

I have put myself on a low-Mahler diet to avoid overexposure. But it’s always good to know if something is worth checking out :)

3 hours ago, pdvm said:

How does it compare to the M6 in his cycle? I thought that one sounded great, but a bit micromanaged, and without any real sense of danger.

I have put myself on a low-Mahler diet to avoid overexposure. But it’s always good to know if something is worth checking out :)

From a pure performance point of view, the MTT/SFS Mahler 6 from 2001 (from his renowned cycle) is superior, no question. The latest Mahler 6 is interesting more because it is from his final season at SFS, so has more nostalgic associations.

5 minutes ago, austinpop said:

From a pure performance point of view, the MTT/SFS Mahler 6 from 2001 (from his renowned cycle) is superior, no question. The latest Mahler 6 is interesting more because it is from his final season at SFS, so has more nostalgic associations.

I so love the diversity of taste in this thread. You guys are listening to Mahler while I listen to Post Malone. Just fantastic stuff all around :~)

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 11.36.16 AM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Here’s an interesting one: Herbie Hancock/ Baraka aka Albert ‘Tootie’ Heath/ Kawaida. It seems that this album was reissued several times under different names and with different artists listed as leader. In any form it is a great album. Here is a list of the personnel:

Ed Blackwell - Percussion
Billy Bonner - Flute, Percussion
Don Cherry - Trumpet
Herbie Hancock - Piano
Albert "Tootie" Heath - Drums
Jimmy Heath - Sax (Soprano), Sax (Tenor)
James Mtume - Conga, Voice
Buster Williams - Bass

C64862F7-9A19-4B79-980F-EAB616F05EA4.thumb.jpeg.dead1fbd80ffdd928eb22fcc749c86e9.jpeg

Still Amazed at how good this sounds. Thank you Giles Martin and crew:

cover.jpg.1a2212ba829fe432815704267ce4212f.jpg

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)