2 hours ago, ronfint said:

My version is a needle drop I made from the mono LP on Argo. Was the Alhambra still open in 1962? In Nov. of that year I was 16 and won a trip to Chicago. On the first night I snuck out of my hotel room and went to hear Ahmad Jamal play. They didn't want to let me into the club since I was underage, but after the staff relented, I was served coffee and cheescake and listened to Jamal play similar music. There weren't many other customers, and after his set Ahmad Jamal walked over to my table and sat down and talked to me. (He probably didn't have many high school kids as customers.) I don't remember anything about the short conversation, but there were postcards on the tables, and I convinced him to write one to a friend, just to prove I had been there.

Anyway, I am sure you find this album exciting, but it makes me feel old. I find it very dated. (I just listened again.)

5AB72C4F-1F12-4E74-BE43-3BC6E5BE1408.thumb.jpeg.dd336d72a26501a47f443e3d51a454b3.jpeg

Absolutely amazing story. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Yes, amazing story. Unfortunately the Alhambra jazz club didn’t serve alcohol in line with Ahmad’s religious beliefs and didn’t last long as a result. It would have been cool to experience it like you did. I am amazed every time I attend a set at the Village Vanguard, considering the giants who have played there since the 1930’s. Thanks for the story.

2 hours ago, ronfint said:

My version is a needle drop I made from the mono LP on Argo. Was the Alhambra still open in 1962? In Nov. of that year I was 16 and won a trip to Chicago. On the first night I snuck out of my hotel room and went to hear Ahmad Jamal play. They didn't want to let me into the club since I was underage, but after the staff relented, I was served coffee and cheescake and listened to Jamal play similar music. There weren't many other customers, and after his set Ahmad Jamal walked over to my table and sat down and talked to me. (He probably didn't have many high school kids as customers.) I don't remember anything about the short conversation, but there were postcards on the tables, and I convinced him to write one to a friend, just to prove I had been there.

Anyway, I am sure you find this album exciting, but it makes me feel old. I find it very dated. (I just listened again.)

5AB72C4F-1F12-4E74-BE43-3BC6E5BE1408.thumb.jpeg.dd336d72a26501a47f443e3d51a454b3.jpeg

That's awesome!  Thanks for sharing.

ps: sorry for making you feel old.

No electron left behind.

49 minutes ago, cambridgehank said:

Now I want to see the movie.  Thanks

The movie is a pretty typical "noire" from the 50's. Pretty good. It's also worth looking up the story of the soundtrack.

I think this link gives you the full movie:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2am6mf

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)