5 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

This thread has brightened my week. Just when one thinks he has heard all the music available, the AS community comes through with Houston Person & Ron Carter and it's off to the races to find all the albums the two created together. 

So enjoyable. Thanks to everyone who continues to make this thread, and AS as a whole, what it is. 

The Houston Person Ron Carter recordings are fantastic. Both living legends. A friend has recorded a couple albums with Houston as the bassist and says how amazing he is to work with. The Hightone recordings usually sound great too. 

1 hour ago, JoeWhip said:

The Houston Person Ron Carter recordings are fantastic. Both living legends. A friend has recorded a couple albums with Houston as the bassist and says how amazing he is to work with. The Hightone recordings usually sound great too. 

He should try Ron Carter next time. I've heard he's even better on that instrument than Houston. 🤣

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

13 hours ago, austinpop said:

FC00484E-16EB-41F5-80BC-30DD827007F7.jpeg

I can’t overemphasize just how good this first volume of Jordi Savall’s Beethoven cycle is. I keep coming back to it. And what a sumptuous recording. 

Today it’s the Fourth, with a wee drappie of 15 year old Dalwhinnie!

28 pages of liner notes as well. Great stuff. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png