On 6/18/2020 at 7:23 AM, TubeLover said:

I know absolutely nothing about him, but I don't think it's possible to look more like someone named Bruno Walter than this! 

JC

FYI. Bruno Walter is a conducting legend. A former assistant of Gustav Mahler, he was forced to leave Germany due to his Jewish heritage. Pretty much all of his Columbia Symphony recordings of Beethoven, Brahms, and obviously Mahler are worth checking out. 

Really "Album of the Evenings (Plural)." Or you could try to test your stamina by listening to all nine in a night. That however would arguably make your stamina only marginally less than the heroic musicians and audience for these recordings, made live in close sequence over four(!) evenings. I have spread my listening out a bit more than that. 
34EF0556-3FE0-41F3-B46F-4D83E6D3F399.jpeg.00cfeb8b82ff9a30951c5231610fa848.jpeg

11 hours ago, Musicophile said:

FYI. Bruno Walter is a conducting legend. A former assistant of Gustav Mahler, he was forced to leave Germany due to his Jewish heritage. Pretty much all of his Columbia Symphony recordings of Beethoven, Brahms, and obviously Mahler are worth checking out. 

Thank you for the education on Mr. Walter. I will look further into things. 

1 hour ago, Teresa said:

Just listened to 2 recent purchases. One I liked and one I didn't.

I really liked this one by a composer I never heard of:

image.png.11a49a1abaacf891543075e80807a5db.png

I didn't like this one: An Analogue Productions remaster of Roger Waters' Amused to Death. It sounds decent, however both the music and sound effects turned me off, I was not amused. BTW I like Waters' previous band: Pink Floyd. Got it on sale for half price at Acoustic Sounds, it's still on sale.  I got a lot of great Jazz, Classical and Rock SACDs in this sale. So overall I did great.

image.png

I liked Waters for a long years, and the Pink Floyd albums with him and only with him. But for one reason or another, the interest has almost completely evaporated in the last couple of years. So I know what you mean, I guess.

Playing this one right now and it sounds really cool to me. Very realistic.

image.png.08f5383bbd78a4dc5635751403ce80de.png

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa