32 minutes ago, cambridgehank said:

California and aged in bourbon barrels. 

I wonder if they age bourbon in Merlot barrels later.. ;)

My God, I can almost smell it, I'm serious:). I used to be a great wine lover but alcohol doesn't work for me anymore (it just makes me sleepy) hence the last time I drank wine about 8 years ago. Still love the smell of a good wine or beer though!

Hope you had a good evening!

8 hours ago, orresearch said:

folder.jpg

Thanks, I've just given it a quick listen. Musically sounds great to my ears! Is the sound slightly on the dry side or is it just a question of my source?

2 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

I wonder if they age bourbon in Merlot barrels later.. ;)

My God, I can almost smell it, I'm serious:). I used to be a great wine lover but alcohol doesn't work for me anymore (it just makes me sleepy) hence the last time I drank wine about 8 years ago. Still love the smell of a good wine or beer though!

Hope you had a good evening!

I did have a good evening, thanks.

I have to limit my wine drinking and my bourbon drinking to evenings.  My meds and the alcohol make me sleepy.  No more drinking and driving.  At my age, it is drinking and listening to old music.  

8 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

Thanks, I've just given it a quick listen. Musically sounds great to my ears! Is the sound slightly on the dry side or is it just a question of my source?

Yes, I know what you meant.  I thought the performance was fantastic, but the recording sounded a bit "forward" to me with perhaps the microphone placed close to the instruments and there wasn't enough ambiance picked up.  For example, compare this recording to one of very similar content by Daniel Hope on DGG, Hope's recording sounded "fuller" and rich.

Cheers,
W.

49 minutes ago, orresearch said:

Yes, I know what you meant.  I thought the performance was fantastic, but the recording sounded a bit "forward" to me with perhaps the microphone placed close to the instruments and there wasn't enough ambiance picked up.  For example, compare this recording to one of very similar content by Daniel Hope on DGG, Hope's recording sounded "fuller" and rich.

Cheers,
W.

Thank you, that's the impression I had while checking this recording out. Seems my Adam T5V monitors did their job of ..translating lossy formats material to a language which can indicate the quality of the original recording really well, once again :) Think I will get this album anyway, I really enjoyed it!

7 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

Thank you, that's the impression I had while checking this recording out. Seems my Adam T5V monitors did their job of ..translating lossy formats material to a language which can indicate the quality of the original recording really well, once again 🙂 Think I will get this album anyway, I really enjoyed it!

Forget it, careless use of a smartphone..

53 minutes ago, zerung said:

Sailif Kaita

Salif Keita is an amazing albino vocalist. Do you know that he's a griot coming from the Keita royal family of Mali and it's possible to trace his ancestors back to 13th century.? Another fantastic musician from Mali is Ali Farka Toure (e.g. great album 'Talking Timbuktu' recorded with Ry Cooder).

2 hours ago, Musicophile said:

The perfect soundtrack for a sunny and rather lazy Sunday summer morning. And excellent ECM redbook sound as the cherry on the cake. 

987248F7-6C08-4CF4-85CE-971FA044C174.png

Great album 👏👏👏

MacBook Pro with Audirvana - Qobuz Studio

M2Tech Young DSD MKIII - PSU M2Tech Van Der Graaf MKII

Cambridge Audio Edge A

Harbeth C7ES-3

PS Audio Powerplant Stelllar P3

3 hours ago, Musicophile said:

The perfect soundtrack for a sunny and rather lazy Sunday summer morning. And excellent ECM redbook sound as the cherry on the cake. 

987248F7-6C08-4CF4-85CE-971FA044C174.png

Just listened to it. Very nice!

Volumio (with PEQ) on RPi4, Khadas Tone Board DAC, Luxman L-230 amp, Rega RS5 speakers